Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

War in Ukraine

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by PITBOSS, Jan 21, 2022.

1. CaptUSMCNole

CaptUSMCNole Premium Member

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    For those interested, this is the best website to track the daily updates on the war in Ukraine. It is updated daily and provides good maps for the different fronts.

Institute for the Study of War

Last edited: Apr 3, 2024
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    ^ America’s foremost warmongers funded in part by weapons manufacturers.

3. CaptUSMCNole

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    So that website is not accurate? If you have one that you think is more accurate, do you mind sharing?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    I am saying that it has a vested interest in portraying the US proxy war vs. Russia in a light which is favorable to their goals. Follow the money …

Chris Hedges: The Pimps of War

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  5. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    What's with the Ukraine = 404 bit?

6. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    HTTP 404 “not found”

It’s the practical erasure of another county unfortunately designated as an American proxy.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. CaptUSMCNole

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    You do realize that the website I provide is not exactly showing the conflict "in a light which is favorable to their goals" right now? That goal would be the Ukrainians pushing the Russians back along any front.

Out of curiosity, what do you think is actually happening in the Ukraine war right now?

8. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    America’s Great Proxy being systematically ground to dust. Never mind Russian sources, Zelensky is saying that Ukraine no longer has the wherewithal to defend positions, let alone advance them.

9. NavyGator93

NavyGator93 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2015
    Georgia
    You're trying to have a rationale discussion with a Russian cuck, see my post about playing chess with pigeons.

You have to treat these guys like you would that idiot child throwing an unwarranted tantrum on the floor. Just ignore.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. CaptUSMCNole

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    I know. But there is a point behind it. Arguing with these guys is like arguing with other posters over in the Israel thread.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  11. chemgator

chemgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Ah, it's worse than that. A pigeon will only crap on the chessboard. A propagandist will manage to crap on the truth and then try to feed an alternate version to you, also covered in crap. To a pigeon, they are the same--something covered in crap. But to the propagandist, there is something special about the lie covered in crap.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2024
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. chemgator

Apr 3, 2007
    I find it helpful when trying to explain things to mental defectives to bring them back to their childhood, when things were simpler, and then try to slowly guide them towards reason. Start with a Batman or Gilligan reference, which they should have a positive association with, and then suggest that Batman approves of reports that Ukraine could win the war with the proper level of support. If the propagandist was molested by someone in a batman costume, or someone named Gilligan, then this will not help. Otherwise, it will have a chance. Use something from the TV show, like the alliteration of the announcer at the end of every Batman episode, to make them smile and help them relate to modern issues in a very simple way that even they can understand. Ideally, someone would pop a candy in their mouths at the end of the lesson to maintain the positive association with the truth, but that is somewhat difficult to do through the internet.

13. chemgator

Apr 3, 2007
    Russians are insisting that the U.S. "shares blame" for the concert hall attack.

Russia: US shares blame in a concert hall attack claimed by Islamic militants

The U.S. counters by saying that it told Russia of the exact place of the attack - Crocus City Hall. Does the U.S. have to provide security for concert halls in Russia to prove we are not behind the attacks? What liars and idiots the Russian barbarians are.

U.S. Intelligence Warning to Moscow Named Specific Target of Attack

I get it, Putin and his cronies are incompetent and too stupid to accept the truth when it is presented to them and act on it. But common strategy is to close your mouth after you've done something stupid, not blame everyone else for your stupidity.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. vegasfox

vegasfox GC Hall of Fame

Feb 4, 2024
    [QUOTE
    I don't know.
    I don't know. I just know in Pepe's tweets 404 is shorthand for Ukraine. I originally thought it was a play on the 404 error message page not found (or whatever it says) like duggers_dad posted. I also thought it might be some sort of international country code. Closest I could find was the World Bank country code for Ukraine which I believe is 804.

I found something interesting as I scrolled through Pepe's tweets:

15. chemgator

Apr 3, 2007
    Putin wants to crack down on immigration after the concert hall attack, which will help cripple his own economy, which is in desperate need of manpower.

Putin wants to crack down on immigration after the Moscow attack. That would make the nation's labor shortage even worse.

16. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    S Korea has seized a ship load of something heading from N Korea to Russia. Hopefully they confiscate a lot of weapons and drones from that ship. Chinese crew denying access to the cargo hold. This could get ugly.

Seoul seizes cargo ship sailing from North Korea to Russia — report (msn.com)

The 3,000-ton cargo ship DEYI was en route from North Korea to Russia via China when South Korean forces intercepted it near Yeosu, on the peninsula's southern coast. The vessel's 13-person crew, including the Chinese captain and various Chinese and Indonesian crew members, reportedly refused to stop the ship when approached, leading to its forced redirection and docking near Busan.

Commenting on the incident, a South Korean Foreign Ministry official said, "Our government is working closely with the United States to investigate the suspected breach of UN Security Council resolutions by the ship in question."

Officials have yet to confirm whether the ship has violated sanctions, as the crew has denied access to the vessel's cargo hold, the report adds.

Under UN Resolution 2397, adopted in 2017, nations have the right to detain, inspect, and seize any vessel within their territorial waters if it is suspected of engaging in illegal activities with North Korea.

• Like Like x 2
  17. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    It's only a 13 member crew including the captain, so it can't get too ugly for very long.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    The Russian Army Launched Its Largest Tank Assault of the Russo-Ukrainian War - and Got Annihilated

"Over the weekend of March 30-31, 2024, the Russian Army launched its largest tank assault of the Russo-Ukrainian War. With a force of 48 tanks and armored fighting vehicles, the aim was to inflict a devastating hit on the Ukrainian forces. In actuality, they were the ones to suffer a defeat, with one-third of the group involved being annihilated."

"The massive assault was launched on March 30, in eastern Ukraine, near the devastated city of Avdiivka. This was somewhat unusual, as the majority of action in the region had centered around foot soldiers, who up until that point were without tanks."

"The mass of Russian vehicles from the 6th Tank Regiment, 90th Tank Division - consisting of 12 BMP infantry fighting vehicles and 36 tanks - made its way down a road, which runs between the villages of Tonen’ke and Uman’ske. As @OSNITau, a drone operator with the Ukrainian 36th Marine Brigade, explained on X (formerly Twitter), this was the largest amassing of armored vehicles by the Russian Army since the beginning of the conflict."

"As could be expected, a large group like this was hard to miss, and the Ukrainian 25th Airborne Brigade wasted no time engaging the Russians. Depending on the source, the total number of enemy vehicles that were destroyed varies, with @OSNITau claiming eight BMPs and 12 tanks were lost and the Ukrainian Defense Ministry stating that only four tanks and two BMPs were taken out."

MSN

It's a shame they didn't take out all of them.

19. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    That's bullshit.

You n chem et al's pathetic attempts to dismiss duggers dad, Vegas fox and okeechobee as Russian bots has only had the effect turning the Ukraine thread into just another flaming libtard circle jerk, remarkably drumming up sympathy for Russia. Takes a special level of doucebaggery to achieve that, but y'all have managed...

Ps--If yall ever pulled your heads out of each others' asses long enough to take a breath outside of this sewer, you'd see that at least 2 of those *Russian bots*, are legit Gators.

But yall do yall...

Whatever effect yall think you're having, I'd submit you've achieved the exact opposite of your intended result.

NB--war efforts are entirely dependent on the good will of the populaces asked to sacrifice for them. Even WW II required active campaigning to maintain the will to fight abject evil (see Clint Eastwood's Flags of our Fathers for a refresher).

The American will was steadfastly on Ukraine's side...until a particularly radioactive segment of society effectively alienated the middle.

Farewell Ukraine...compliments of the DOH! Biden cheerleader hate squad.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2024
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Wth are you talking about. Aid to Ukraine has been cut off by magats. Nothing to do with joe

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1