Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

War in Ukraine

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by PITBOSS, Jan 21, 2022.

1. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    People who bandy about words like “peaceful” and “defensive, in the context of the U.S., should not be allowed to appeal to ignorance. And I have a better neighborhood analogy …

Your HOA, for no good reason, wants you evicted and your house sold. Household by household your neighborhood turns against you to the extent it has incited your next-door neighbor has been recruited to harass and threaten you.

All your appeals to the HOA have gone unheeded. And your neighbor is amassing weapons you fear may be used against you.

Finally, your patience has worn thin and you resolve to stand against your HOA by physically confronting your next-door neighbor.

As you’re getting the better of your neighbor, your HOA howls in indignation and funnels more weapons to your next-door neighbor.

By and by, adjacent neighborhoods catch wind of what’s happening, sympathize with you and stand with you against your HOA.

Will the HOA come to regard its actions against you as a fool’s errand ? Stay tuned …

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    So you’re one of those crazy MAGA-type election deniers ?

3. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    No one foams at the mouth quite like you do, I’ll give you that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    We can trust Biden will step in and force Z to make a deal before the whole south of Ukraine goes up in flames. Biden showed how prescient he is with Afghanistan and Israel. What could possibly go wrong?

5. chemgator

chemgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    No one foams at the mouth quite like you do, I'll give you that.

6. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    Some poor old saps are going to end up looking like the sad cheerleader in a few months time.

7. vegasfox

vegasfox GC Hall of Fame

Feb 4, 2024
    It's getting worse for the Ukrainian militsry as Russian nissile strikes grow in intensity.. Ukrainian war deaths this year are said to be roughly 3 times greater per day than they were in the opening months of 2023. The situation is summarized by the Durant:

8. vegasfox

vegasfox GC Hall of Fame

Feb 4, 2024
    The US needs to move away from its evil foreign policy

9. vegasfox

vegasfox GC Hall of Fame

Feb 4, 2024
    Force Russia to align with China and this is what you get

10. slayerxing

slayerxing GC Hall of Fame

Aug 14, 2007
    you’ve been looking like a sad cheerleader for over a year.

11. homer

homer GC Hall of Fame

Nov 2, 2015
    And I’ll be one of them. I guess not supporting the invasion of a country, killing, raping, abducting their women and children, bombing their homes, stealing their personal property, making slaves of them, etc., makes some people sad.

Shame on me and those like myself.

Yay Amerika

• Like Like x 3
  12. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Zelensky actually fired his official who propagated the Russian rape narrative. Evidently, there are some lies that are too over-the-top even for the Kyiv regime.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    6 of the venerable Abrams tanks destroyed in two weeks. Orcs are cheating because their tanks can fire missiles and the Abrams can’t.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. coleg

coleg GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2011
    Aw, cute Pepe likes cartoons. Must be fun for his double digit IQ following.

15. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    But the meme checks out, right ?

16. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Today marks the last official day of Zelensky’s term as president.

If he’s still president tomorrow does that mean there was an insurrection ?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    No, it just confirms his status as an autocrat.

18. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    There are tons of oppressed people all over the world we don't send tens of billions of dollars in weapons to. (including cluster bombs, which tend to kill way more civilians than soldiers) The cheerleading I was referring to is the cheering of using U.S. taxpayer money to fund such activity.

19. vegasfox

vegasfox GC Hall of Fame

Feb 4, 2024
    Swiss geopolitical analyst Jacques Baud explains how Ukraine provoked the Russians to invade by massively shelling the Donbas. Baud's remarks match up perfectly with my every post on this thread. Listen from 1:04:00 to 1:09:00 to hear how the war started.

One new bit of info I heard from Baud was that on February 25, 2024, one day after the war started, Zelensky asked the Swiss to arrange a peace conference. The EU said no. They wanted war. Do the EU countries do that without consulting the US? Highly doubtful imo.

Baud made another point that I should have made. Why did Joe Biden predict that Russia would invade on February 16? Because he'd been briefed that February 16 was the day Ukraine would start their shelling of the Donbas.

Long video but it should be listened to in full.

https://www.youtube.com/live/RIzKxXR5pvA?si=gyIWKSxjgLPG6R0l

20. chemgator

chemgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    And some will end up looking like the selfish, amoral surrender monkeys they are. They stand for nothing (what's freedom?), so nothing will disappoint them. They don't understand the concept of friends and allies (because they are so selfish they can't think of anyone but themselves), so they abandon people that were depending on them, only to be surprised (shocked!) later when there is no one there to support them. They live in a shrinking world of slowly increasing misery and danger, using self-righteous arrogance to explain their greed and inhumanity towards their fellow man, oblivious to the fact that it was their callousness that helped create the problem.

From those that are given great gifts, great contributions are expected. It's called responsibility. Something grownups accept. Something some people apparently don't understand.