Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

War in Ukraine

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by PITBOSS, Jan 21, 2022.

1. mikemcd810

mikemcd810 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    You'd think someone with a 140+ IQ would have figured how to reply properly on a message board.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. vegasfox

vegasfox GC Hall of Fame

Feb 4, 2024
    Here's some good info from "b" at Moon of Alabama. The posts embedded in the link below were written around 3 months or so before we learned that Russia had Intel indicating Ukraine was going to invade eastern Ukraine (Donetsk and Luhamsk, aka the Donbas) with 100,000 troops (I've also heard the number was 60,000). Zelensky has admitted his army was going to invade the Donbas. Obviously thousands of ethnic Russians would have been killed. Russia defended the the ethnic Russians using the same justification the US used to bomb Serbia.

https://www.moonofalabama.org/2023/02/the-buildup-to-war-in-ukraine-closure.html

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. chemgator

chemgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Gas prices at the pump are creeping upwards, apparently due to concern of all the Russian capacity off-line with its multiple refineries being blasted by Ukrainian drones, in addition to OPEC cutbacks. Gas in west Florida is up about 10-15% from a couple weeks ago.

Oil Holds Weekly Advance After More Russian Refineries Attacked

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. chemgator

Apr 3, 2007
    So your circle jerk of followers, who happen to lack credibility, is an indication of your intelligence? Is your European leader from Hungary, by any chance? These mentally-stunted people are following you because you share the same delusions that they have, not because of your (limited) intellect.

6. chemgator

Apr 3, 2007
    What a foolish, ignorant post! If Putin had any indication that Ukraine was going to send troops into Donbas and kill thousands of ethnic Russians, he would have LET UKRAINE DO IT, and THEN INVADE. He would have had actual justification for his war, and the U.S. and Europe would not have fought a proxy war through Ukraine. Extremely ignorant of you to believe that Putin cared so much about the lives of a few thousand Russians in Donbas, that he would initiate a war over it and unleash hell on his own troops by inviting the west to arm Ukraine. Putin sacrifices thousands of Russian lives without batting an eye, if it brings him closer to an objective. His hero is Joseph Stalin. Had Zelenskyy invaded Donbas and started killing ethnic Russians at will, there is essentially no way that the west supports Ukraine militarily if Russia responds to that, and no way that Ukraine stays in this war for two solid years without that support.

So either Putin is an extreme moron, or your sources are full of s--t.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Fresno, CA
    Yeah, why not? Poland was getting ready to invade Germany, too.

8. chemgator

Apr 3, 2007
  9. vegasfox

vegasfox GC Hall of Fame

Feb 4, 2024
    Some of you like to imply that I'm not very bright but I did get a 50/50 on the Wonderlic.
    Your understanding of WW2 is no better than what you know about the Ukraine war..

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. vegasfox

vegasfox GC Hall of Fame

Feb 4, 2024
    Low IQ post. Ukraine had been shelling Donbas for a week+ before Russia invaded. Ukraine fired over 2000 artillery shells at ethnic Russians on Feb 23 alone. Ukraine had killed 10,000+ Russian-speakets since 2014 and the number of ethnic Russian speakers killed was about to explode when Putin went into Ukraine.

11. vegasfox

vegasfox GC Hall of Fame

Feb 4, 2024
    I asked the Euro leader if I was the smartest female geopolitical thinker in the world and he said "Yes you are." I'm at roughly the 99.91 percentile of intelligence (Ziq 147) so keep telling me how limited my capacity is, how I'm a liar, a useful idiot etc. You're the one with a 2 year history of getting the Ukraine War wrong.

• Creative Creative x 1
  12. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    Only in a Murcan fantasy does a flash mob overshadow an 88% victory.

13. slayerxing

slayerxing GC Hall of Fame

Aug 14, 2007
    The situation is different. War in Europe started two years ago. Most of Europe and half the United States have not woken up to the very real possibility of a wider conflict especially if Ukraine ends up losing which is more and more likely with republicans dithering uselessly in congress. All of nato should be ramping up production and many smaller members are striving to do so but the larger major western powers are being retarded about it. That includes the US. That’s not sewing discord. That’s just stating fact. The UK just happens to be the poster child of the problem even though they’ve increased spending they haven’t increased capacity or recruiting. The US is also idly sitting by and the only reason production is increasing at all is because the defense industry wants to make some money.

14. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    LOL, at pretending that NATO isn’t pretty well maxed out.

15. ValdostaGatorFan

ValdostaGatorFan GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    TitleTown, USA
    That sounds impressive. I wondered if you were famous so I Googled you.

Are you a furry? Lol

Screenshot_20240318_080420_Chrome.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
  17. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    147 IQ. Sounds familiar to a former troll poster.

Former Too Hot libertarians (lol) reincarnating as Russian propaganda bots. It’s the latest craze, apparently.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Regarding the war in Ukraine, at least in the US, Putin bots are becoming the norm.

19. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    George Santos is in da house!

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    shipping lanes cutting Indian refineries off from sending refined product to Europe. Europe buys from our NE refineries. that has been driving the increase.

that and India no longer willing to go against sanctions and pay over $60 per barrel for Russian oil. US is now negotiating a deal to try and get Russia to sell crude to India at $60 so the currency exchanges can happen. Russia has billions of rupees it can't do anything with because it was generated over the embargo price. weird game..

perhaps for another thread but interesting read on how Houthi friendly country shipping isn't being disrupted.

Houthi Red Sea Attacks Impose ‘Economic Sanctions’ on Israel’s Backers | Baker Institute

These Houthi actions are imposing new costs and monetary damages onto shipping firms, with the highest costs falling on Western-linked firms taking the roughly two-week detour around the Cape of Good Hope at the southern tip of Africa. Meanwhile vessels linked to nonaligned countries gain a competitive advantage by avoiding the expense of diverting around the Cape. In that sense, the attacks resemble targeted economic sanctions on Israel and its allies. Countermeasures in the form of U.S. and U.K. ground attacks on Houthi positions have failed to deter the Houthi strategy, while providing a rationale for extending the threats to shipping.
    Europe-bound crude oil and refined fuel shipments from most of the Middle East and India have all but collapsed.[8] One major exception is Saudi Arabia, which has the operational flexibility of an oil export terminal at Yanbu on the Red Sea — well north of Yemeni territory — which allows Saudi Aramco to send crude oil cargoes through the Suez Canal to Europe and beyond. Data from Kpler show that Saudi oil shipments through Suez are at their highest point since July 2023.[9]

Russia's Top Oil Buyer Deals a Blow to Putin (newsweek.com)

Kommersant, a national Russian newspaper, reported on Thursday that India—the largest buyer of seaborne shipments of Russian oil—has refused to purchase Russian premium ESPO grade oil, which has a low sulfur content—for about two months now. Imports stopped in January and February, the publication said.

Billions of dollars in Russian oil profits are stuck in Indian banks due to restrictions by the Reserve Bank of India, which prevent Russian companies from transferring rupees stored in bank accounts in India to Russia and converting them into rubles. This has thwarted Putin's attempts to de-dollarize bilateral trade with India.

On Tuesday, Amos Hochstein, Biden's energy and global infrastructure adviser, told Reuters that the U.S. was attempting to help India negotiate lower prices for Russian oil after Washington imposed further sanctions on tankers carrying the fuel above Western price caps.

"At the end of the day, my goal is not to take it off the market, I'm not looking to take these tankers, take the crude, the product, off the market," said Hochstein. "I'm trying to get the Indians to negotiate better prices by forcing the tankers into a different direction. I think the Indians understand what we're trying to do."