Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

War in Ukraine

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by PITBOSS, Jan 21, 2022.

1. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Fresno, CA
    Ah, more wise words from America’s favorite convicted pedophile.

2. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    Didn't he leave the US and is now living in Russia?

3. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Fresno, CA
    Not that I know of, though it might not be a terrible idea. The best place for a pedophile to be is a country that places a person’s utility over whatever rules are in place: “For my friends, anything. For my enemies, the law.”

4. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    Ah, you’re right - thought I had read something to that effect. But he does get his bread buttered from Moscow as a contributor to RT and Sputnik both mouthpieces of the Russian gov’t

5. chemgator

chemgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Britain's Defense Secretary had his plane's GPS access jammed by Russia as he was flying past Kaliningrad. Apparently because the other ministers were too cheap in 2021 to spring for plane upgrades that would have prevented the jamming. Just another example of how unprepared European countries were at the start of the war (and still are).

Grant Shapps’s jet left ‘defenceless’ after ministers baulked at cost of protective systems

6. vegasfox

vegasfox GC Hall of Fame

Feb 4, 2024
    I never said Russia doesn't have mail in or Internet voting. Putin voted by computer in this election. Retweets are not an endorsement :).

7. slayerxing

slayerxing GC Hall of Fame

Aug 14, 2007
    the British are hilariously unprepared for near peer conflict. https://web.archive.org/web/20240203173859/https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2024/02/03/how-the-british-army-lost-its-way/?li_medium=for_you&li_source=LI

8. danmanne65

danmanne65 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 2, 2022
    DeLand
  9. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    Britain’s profound degradation makes its bellicose stance vs Russia all the sillier.

If Britain was a character it would be Benny Hill.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. vegasfox

vegasfox GC Hall of Fame

Feb 4, 2024
    As Western Europe is degraded, Russian economic growth accelerated and investment surges. The world blames the US for this war, and rightly so.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. mikemcd810

mikemcd810 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    You post a lot of dumb things but the "world blames the US for this war, and rightly so" may be the dumbest of all.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    It is almost certainly the case that most of the world’s population views this as a proxy war instigated by the U.S. against Russia.

It’s just that most on this thread are slow on the uptake.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  13. slayerxing

slayerxing GC Hall of Fame

Aug 14, 2007
    They totally are right now. At their current rate of production and mobilization the uk would be basically useless. Their air force is in free fall - they have aircraft shortages across the board. Their army is laughably useless right now. About their only decent arm right now is the navy but it’s having capability issues as well. This is the problem with Western Europe. They are 100% not ready for war.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/royal-air-force-report-u-k-defense-military-europe-f6b560da

Serious capability gaps facing Royal Navy says report

• Informative Informative x 2
  14. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
  15. chemgator

chemgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Either that, or two or three people on this thread have no capacity for uptake.

To put it in terms that maybe you could understand, in the movie "A Christmas Story", one boy triple-dog-dares another boy to stick his tongue on a frozen flagpole and he does it. Who is responsible for this action? According to you, the boy who "dared" him to do it is clearly 100% responsible. The boy with his tongue on the flagpole has no responsibility in this case. The rest of us understand that the boy with the jello-pop tongue could have said no, or done a reverse quadruple dog dare and persuaded the other boy to freeze his tongue to the pole. And to distinguish this story from the Russian invasion of Ukraine, at no time did the U.S. do anything that could be construed as encouraging Russia to invade Ukraine. We warned Russia that there would be consequences if they chose to invade, and we started providing weapons and intel to Ukraine before the invasion. Russia chose to invade on their own, just like Germany chose to invade Poland in 1939 on their own. Neither country was forced to invade their neighbor. Russia wanted more territory and natural resources, so they decided to take it from their neighbor. Case closed.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    China engineers a coup in Mexico, ousting its America-friendly president.

It then proceeds to stir up the populace, against the U.S., while arming and training the Mexican military.

All this time Mexican forces are killing American expats in the north of Mexico.

Over a course of nearly a decade U.S. concerns are rebuffed.

Finally, the US has enough and sends its army into Mexico.

Outraged, China appeals to the UN to condemn and sanction America’s ruthless invasion.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  17. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
  18. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I agree, but there are an awful lot to chose from.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  19. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    Now imagine a U.S. president laying out what you just did above. Why are you attempting to sew discord within NATO @slayerxing ?

20. vegasfox

vegasfox GC Hall of Fame

Feb 4, 2024
    What seems dumb to the dimwit and might look like brilliant analysis midwife blowhards getting high on their own farts
    Same analogy I've used
    What might seem dumb to a dimwit or midwit blowhard getting high on his own farts might look like solid analysis to someone who's IQ is 140+. People who have followed me on X (twitter) include Scott Ritter, Scott Adams, "b" at Moon of Alabama, John O'Sullivan (former National*Review editor), and a well known European leader who has given the highest praise imaginable to my geopolitical analysis.
    What you say about my posts says more about you than me. It is cheap entertainment though, so please continue.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1