Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

War in Ukraine

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by PITBOSS, Jan 21, 2022.

1. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    Tired of all your hot air. Turn me in for being a better American than you are.

2. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022

3. chemgator

chemgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    One of the offshoots of the Ukraine War and the proliferation of military-grade weapons all over the world: narco-terrorists in Mexico are now using land mines to keep the police away from them. Something for our Russophile imbeciles to think about as they cheer for a multi-polar violent world.

Soldiers and civilians are dying as Mexican cartels embrace a terrifying new weapon: Land mines

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. chemgator

Apr 3, 2007
    I don't think you have a clue what it means to be an American, much less a "good" American. You're in your own little world, which is not reality-based.

5. chemgator

Apr 3, 2007
    Ukraine is getting some unusual help on repairing Russian tanks from Britain. They are getting the help not from the British military, but a British tank museum.

How a British tank museum is helping Ukraine to repair its Soviet-era armor

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    I am by no means alone among Americans who are tired of the way our government throws its weight around in the world. Indeed, there are a handful of us on this thread. Unlike you, we the better Americans do not love America right or wrong, however wrong. We love America to the extent that we continue to expect better from it.

7. vegasfox

vegasfox GC Hall of Fame

Feb 4, 2024
    This is exactly what some of us predicted would happen. The corrupt Nazi-infested country of Ukraine would sell US/NATO weapons to bad actors.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  8. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    The U.S. will throw Ukraine under the bus if they have to.

9. coleg

coleg GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2011
    Lighten up comrade. The article (if you read it at all) never mentions Nazis, Ukraine, or even NATO. In fact it directly states the vast majority of bombs are improvised. Go back to praising the mighty Russian underwater Black Sea fleet.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    But you sure stand in awe and cheer like a rabid girl-fan at every move Putin and Russia make. In the years in this Board, you have never posted a single positive comment about my Country, not one. But Russia? You’re like Tucker Carlson at a grocery store.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. chemgator

Apr 3, 2007
    And the Russians will show us the proper way to interact with neighboring countries? Your support and defense of Russia in Ukraine tells me that you think Russia's reasons for invading Ukraine are perfectly valid, and that is clearly not the case. I have no problem with anyone saying that the U.S. is imperfect, because I say it myself from time to time. I disagree with the decision to send troops into Vietnam, as do most Americans. In retrospect, it was an obvious mistake, and a devastating one. I am o.k. with the decisions to send troops into Iraq and Afghanistan, but disagree with the way those two wars were conducted. GWB was an amateur, and a very arrogant and ignorant president. He peaked during the speech at the WTC ruins, and it was all downhill from there. He should have listened more to his generals, and less to the political hack he appointed Sec'y of Defense (same mistake LBJ made with listening to McNamara).

Based on your logic, the U.S. would be correct to respond to the drug smuggling and illegal immigrant problem from Mexico by invading Mexico, killing hundreds of thousands of people, and installing a puppet government that did what we said, when we said to do it. I do not agree with that. I think we should respect Mexico's sovereignty, and work with them to resolve these problems, using economic pressure if necessary.

The way that Biden has chosen to handle the Russian invasion of Ukraine has been the correct one. Russia wants to invade a neighboring country for no valid reason other than conquest and treasure, then we have a right, if not an obligation, to provide military equipment and support to Ukraine. Russia is lucky that we don't do what they did during the Korean War--they put a North Korean flag on Russian fighter jets and had Russian pilots in them killing American pilots.

Soviet Pilots over MiG Alley > National Museum of the United States Air Force™ > Display

Your problem is not that you don't love America right or wrong. Your problem seems to be that you don't know right from wrong.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. vegasfox

vegasfox GC Hall of Fame

Feb 4, 2024
    The US won the Cold War. Why do you want to fight another one?

Why should Russia be our enemy?

You hated Putin before the Ukraine war. Why? Putin wanted to join NATO and be our friend. Reagan wanted Russia to be our friend.

Printing money to
    finsnce a war is not how you reduce inflation .

You still haven't acknowledged the reason Putin went into Ukraine. It was because Zelensky was preparing to invade Utje Donbas. in March, 2022. Zelensky admitted this. Thousands of ethnic Russians would have been slaughtered. Additionally the US wanted to eventually have nuclear missiles in Ukraine that could hit Moscow in less than 5 minutes.

If you think free trade and global security depend on Russia not taking Ukraine you're mistaken.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. vegasfox

vegasfox GC Hall of Fame

Feb 4, 2024
    Chemgstor's post was misleading (to me anyway) but my simple point was that Ukraine is the most corrupt country in the world and of course AIS/NATO ,weapons will be sold to bad actors. And of course Zelensky and his generals are lining their pockets with money the US sent to Ukraine.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  14. coleg

coleg GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2011
    Comrade continues to simply make up "facts". LOL. The FACT is the US and NATO send the vast majority of aid as arms, ammo and supplies not money. Try again vatnik

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. chemgator

Apr 3, 2007
    Do you have a link to support your allegation, or are you just making up lies and seeing if anyone believes them?

16. chemgator

Apr 3, 2007
    Do you have a link to support your allegations, or are you just making up lies and seeing if anyone believes them?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. chemgator

Apr 3, 2007
    If the U.S. ignores Russia's invasion of a neighbor, he will invade again. He will also rebuild his military. We will have to respond by increasing our investment in our military. That is what happens when a Cold War is started. I do not want another Cold War, but realize it will be necessary if Russia wins, and intelligent people need to be aware of this.
    Because they make the world a more dangerous place. They invade neighbors, they sell weapons to anyone and everyone. They are a threat to world peace.
    Because he had minor invasion of multiple neighbors even before Ukraine, including Ukrainian Crimea, but also including Georgia.
    Link?

(Was Reagan's reference to Russia as "the evil empire" some sort of friendship nickname in your feeble mind?)
    Winning a war against a dangerous superpower without firing a shot IS a great way to reduce inflation over the next decade. It was certainly proven during the 1990's, when Russia was defeated, in fact. We saved $2.55 trillion dollars (in 2023 dollars) in defense spending in the 1990's by supporting Afghanistan against the Soviets.
    Link?
    Link?
    Free trade and global security would both benefit greatly from the military defeat and/or economic collapse of both Russia and China.

I'm not calling you a liar, but there certainly seems to be a lot of lies in your post.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. vegasfox

vegasfox GC Hall of Fame

Feb 4, 2024
    The world is no longer unipolar and it's not going back. Hopefully the US will stop massively funding terrorism around the world and have a more peaceful relationship with other countries. The US funded Chechen terrorists inside Russia but that didn't:t stop Russia from warning the US to not bring Chechens into our country (remember the Boston Marathon bombing?).

The Biden administration wanted this war to distract from the disastrous Afghanistan exit. A global strategist I know said he thought the Biden administration would try to start a war but he thought Putin would not take the bait.

Ukraine fired around 2500 artillery shells into the Donna's a day before Russia invaded. They asked for it and they got it. Putin had Intel, which Zelensky confirmed, that Ukraine was going to invade the Donna's in March. To save the lives of thousands of ethnic Russians.
    No way Ukraine invades the Donbas without the OK of the US imo. The Democrats wanted war and they got it. After all, elections were coming up and Biden would look strong as a wartime president or so they thought.

Preventing the Ukraine War was easy, just comply with Putin's 3 reasonable demands.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. chemgator

Apr 3, 2007
    Here is all you need to know about Pepe Escobar: your "global strategist" is a Russian stooge. If you are one of Escobar's stooges, then you are also a Russian stooge.

Pepe Escobar - Wikipedia

Apparently, his primary motivation is YouTube hits, not journalistic integrity. Stooge on!

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. chemgator

Apr 3, 2007
    Putin wanted to become a member of NATO in 2000, when Putin was first put in charge, but he wanted to be assigned membership to NATO and not go through the usual application process. You know, because of the whole "NATO exists to defend Europe from a dangerous Russia" idea. Maybe Putin wanted to be able to veto any military action against Russia if he should decide to invade his neighbors. Maybe Putin desperately wanted Russia to be respected like NATO countries are, but needed to fast-track the process, and skip as many steps as possible, instead of earning respect the hard way, like everyone else did.

Russia–NATO relations - Wikipedia

At any rate, it is apparent that Putin was not serious. Because what followed was a demonstration of why NATO should be nervous of having Russia near their countries: a series of conflicts with almost all of Russia's neighbors to the west.

Basically, NATO gave Russia multiple forums to handle disputes, and Russia responded with violence to resolve their disputes, demonstrating their status as barbarians.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1