Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

War in Ukraine

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by PITBOSS, Jan 21, 2022.

1. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    So much hate in your soul.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. chemgator

chemgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    One organization has a proven record of defending freedom and independence. The other has a proven record of violent aggression. NATO did not use one weapon to "move" east--they used a simple pen and paper. All countries were free to say "no".

Sometimes the tools give you an indication of what an organization is up to. Sometimes the dead bodies give you a clue. Unless you are completely clueless.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 4
  3. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    250 pound warhead, ground launched bomb with 90 mile reported range. Previously paid for, about to finally arrive. Not a minute too soon. Hopefully they have some good targeting data to make these hurt

MSN

_Punta/Prima_Resort
    The new bomb, which can travel about 90 miles, is expected to be “a significant capability for Ukraine,” said one of the U.S. officials.

“It gives them a deeper strike capability they haven’t had, it complements their long-range fire arsenal,” the U.S. official said. “It’s just an extra arrow in the quiver that’s gonna allow them to do more.”
    The weapon, co-developed by Boeing and Saab, is made up of a precision-guided 250-pound bomb strapped to a rocket motor and fired from various ground launchers. The U.S. military has a similar version of the bomb that is air-launched, but a ground-launched version does not yet exist in U.S. inventory.

The extended range will put a new capability in Kyiv's arsenal at a time when fighting along the front is in a stalemate, and as Ukraine looks for new ways to hit Russian forces and infrastructure behind the front lines.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
  4. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    Why are we talking about sending $58 billion more to Ukraine when they are firing their top, most senior military commander?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    One is a criminal organization. The other is Russia

After 1997, NATO gradually morphed from a "defensive" alliance to a geopolitical behemoth to subjugate the rest of the world. Already in the 1990s, NATO countries participated in the destruction of the territorial integrity of Yugoslavia, and in 1999, without the consent of the UN Security Council, NATO bombarded Yugoslavia thereby violating Article 2(4) of the UN Charter. NATO's war of aggression in 1999 was a dress rehearsal for what would follow. It also entailed serious war crimes, including indiscriminate bombardment of civilian centers and the use of indiscriminate weapons, such as depleted uranium and cluster bombs. Yugoslavia was only the prelude to a series of aggressions against Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya and Syria and elsewhere, during which war crimes and crimes against humanity were perpetrated in total impunity. The International Criminal Court, which is essentially in the service of the "collective West," failed to investigate these crimes and no Western politician or military leader was ever indicted.

NATO deserves the label 'criminal organization' within meaning of the Nuremberg judgment - Global Times

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022

7. chemgator

Apr 3, 2007
    Russia bombs Belgorod (its own province) again . . . This is the fourth time in one month. Fortunately for the residents, the bombs did not explode. At some point, Belgorod might consider their options and decide if it is worthwhile to join Ukraine, who never bombs Belgorod without a good reason.

Russia accidentally bombed itself again, the fourth time this month, UK intel says

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. chemgator

Apr 3, 2007
    Ukraine is expected to receive a supply of longer range bombs from the U.S., with a range of 90 miles.

New US-made longer-range bomb expected to arrive as soon as Wednesday in Ukraine

• Like Like x 2
  9. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    FINALLY a game-changer for Ukraine ? Pictured: baby wunderwaffen …

10. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Meanwhile, Russia going old-school with heavy metal …

11. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Putin’s “comfort level.” Give me a break. The “comfort level” is and was nothing more than a pretext to steal Ukrainian resources and land. Worrying about NATO is a bogus talking point. Nobody threatened Russian land or lives. How people buy into the Putin lies is beyond me.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  12. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    What evidence do you have that proves Putin has been using the NATO expansion as an excuse for the past 24 years? If that is so, dude has some psychic powers. That is some amazing planning, setting up a pretext 24 years ago for an invasion in 2022.

13. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    This makes no sense at all. But, I’ll try to guess what you’re asking and state the obvious: nobody was threatening Russia, nobody was threatening Russian lives, and there was no talk or hint of any invasion of Russian territory.

How fast you people forget that on the eve of invasion, Russia first told the World that it had no intention of invading, then told the World that it needed to “cleanse” the Nazi leadership from Ukraine, then said he was worried bout NATO expansion, then changed tune to contrive a hundred different excuses.

Conversely, the very real threat of Russian expansion caused the proudly neutral and independent border states of Sweden and Finland to break all tradition and seek the protection of NATO. For someone so “scared” of NATO expanding its reach — EVEN THOUGH UKRAINE SAID IT WOULD NOT JOIN NATO — Putin took actions and moved the threat-based chess pieces to literally cause NATO to expand in order to pro ct Finland and Sweden.

Your side can’t keep its excuses in order or even straight.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    NATO expands by 16 countries since 1990. Russia expands by four oblast. It can’t be allowed!!!

15. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    What’s happening in Ukraine is just the tip of an iceberg …

• Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  16. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Who wants to join them? They offer nothing.

17. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    LOL it’s in my post above.

18. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Fine choices. All the best to them.

19. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    You: “Who would want to join them ?” *leers*

Me: “These nations.”

You: “Well, who would want them ?” *leers*

20. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    You first: NATO expanded by 16 countries since 1990, but Russia expanded by 4 Oblasts.

Then me: who would want to join them?

You: World dominating leadership countries such as Iran, Saudi Arabia, Ethiopia and Egypt.

Me: Exactly my point.