Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

War in Ukraine

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by PITBOSS, Jan 21, 2022.

1. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Hello uftaipan.

Interesting developments recently. Ukraine seems to be hampering Russias Black Sea operations significantly.

The destruction of the large transport ships, radar installations and so forth seems to be having an effect as Russia is reporting limiting or curtailing certain Black Sea operations.

Hopefully the Ukranians can knock out the Kerch Bridge.

The ground war continues to be a tough slog but the Ukranians are making progress.

Would you be interested in sharing your thoughts about the Strategic and Tacticle situation with us?

• Like Like x 1
  2. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    Even eighteen months later, why would you want to move forward when your enemy keeps coming to you to be killed ?

3. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    Per the UK Telegraph, stop watching the map because it ain’t changing. This suggests that Russia ain’t moving backwards. See: companion post #20823

4. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    So, at the expense of the time-wasting exercise I knew it would be, I read your “source.” It certainly was not “from the horse’s mouse.” Johnson said, even in that article, that U.K. is giving Ukraine its “unwavering support.” That is a far cry from the propaganda fed to you that U.K. demanded Ukraine stop negotiating and get back to fighting. To be sure, the only “support” in that article was a quote from PRAVDA (Russian propaganda) parroting the Russian lying propaganda.

In other words, you have not provided any credible support.

Instead, you double-downed with the silliness that your unsupported position is “stuff [that] is well known.” It is not well known. Because it is a fabrication of Russian propaganda. There is no credible support, because it didn’t happen.

Ukrainians are fighting because their land, homes and families are under attack. That anyone believes the Ukrainians are fighting because theWest wants them to, is delirium.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    Perhaps you should do some research and see what they’re buying and “investing” in over there before you come on here blabbing your mouth. It’s noteworthy most who are on here thumping their chest about Ukraine know very little about what’s actually going on over there right now.

6. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    It’s Ukrainska Pravda, ie not Russian, ie not Russian propaganda, ie ran and owned by Ukrainians, ie founded by an anti-Russian Ukrainian who was murdered in 2000, most likely by someone tied to the Kremlin.

Get. A. Clue.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2023
    • Funny Funny x 2
  7. CHFG8R

CHFG8R GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    St. Augustine, FL
    How Goldman Sachs profits from war in Ukraine, loophole in sanctions
    I'll put what I know - and my sources - against yours every day and Sunday too. That said, the worst people in the world are still at it and I'm hardly surprised. These are the real enemies. The scumbags who put their Russia and China profits ahead of US national security. I'd personally reserve .30-06 for each of their skulls.

8. CHFG8R

CHFG8R GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    St. Augustine, FL
    That said, it's the only SINGULAR source you have. Anything else?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Still waiting for those news reports from various sources verifying the "FORCING" of Ukraine to fight instead of negotiate for terms. . . . And still waiting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Well listen to you, Lol. The same guy that boats of getting info from Tucker Carlson. Read your silly article again and see who was quoted to support the moronic conclusions that your mind so desperately needs to believe.
    Lol

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    It quoted the Russian minister. LOL!!! ND HIS SAME “conclusion” is confirmation-biased needy mind totally twisted the quote from the British.

Some people are so desperate to be “right” that they cling to anything to support what the so deeply need to hear. And then they come call other people names.

11. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Your view of sources, and his view of sources, will never mesh. His sources are words that support what he needs to hear; yours likely leads an objective person down the road of critical thinking and analysis.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2023
  12. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    I mean, if someone like you could telegraph their next move, they'd be cleared out of Ukraine by now, wouldn't they?

13. ValdostaGatorFan

ValdostaGatorFan GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    TitleTown, USA
    Coach always said that if you can get a hand on the ball, knock it down.

• Like Like x 1
  14. enviroGator

enviroGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    OMG... can you imagine the butt pucker going on as that is headed back at him! lolz

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Fresno, CA
    I’ve read that 10 times now, and it makes absolutely no sense to me …beyond the intended snark, of course.

16. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    You can call it snark, I will call it the truth. You love to hide behind the “you can’t measure the success by territorial gains”, because you know territorial gains are verifiable by satellite and drone imagery. You want to focus on number of casualties, which is completely unverifiable on either side.

Anybody with any hard numbers on casualties on either side are simply repeating propaganda they heard from COs in the field. Nobody knows who’s losing how many soldiers, but we know both sides are losing a lot and one side is able to replace and replenish while the other side, not so much. You’ve already admitted Ukraine cannot win a prolonged war with Russia, so I am not sure why you’re still beating that drum.

As I said before, when you see the Kremlin is paying soldiers up to 10x the average Russian salary to enlist, that tells you a few things. It tells you Russia isn’t hurting for cash. It tells you Russia will do whatever it takes to win. And it tells you Russia is not going anywhere.

As for offensives, what is the need? Russia invaded Ukraine a year and a half ago and still today in Ukraine, Russia hold vast swaths of what used to be Ukrainian territory and that line hasn’t moved in a year.

Not to mention the delusional take that we can somehow turn the people of Russia against Putin and Ukraine can win this. Here’s a flash: there are many people in Russia who think Putin is too soft on Ukraine. You’re not going to convince them to give up when the economy is booming, oil prices are hitting new highs and the Russian government is making any family tied to its soldiers rich. Stop lying to yourself.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    Not sure if this is verified but saw it linked on Drudge recently and thought it was interesting.

Cuba arrests 17 for trafficking men to fight for Russia in Ukraine

Cuban authorities have arrested 17 people on charges related to a human trafficking ring that allegedly lured young Cuban men to fight in Ukraine with the Russian military.

Cuba’s Foreign Ministry said earlier this week that authorities were working to dismantle the network, which operated in Cuba and Russia to facilitate Cubans joining the war against Ukraine.

Russian President Vladimir Putin last year signed a decree allowing foreigners signing up for military service in the Russian army to receive citizenship via a fast-track procedure.

Cuba says it has no part in the war in Ukraine and that it rejects the use of its citizens as mercenaries.

18. chemgator

chemgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Russia has been lying its ass off to recruits. One group was told that they would spend several months in training and be sent to the front in late December. They were, the Brits believe, sent to the front IMMEDIATELY. They are now cannon fodder. Russia will probably not be able to get away with this lie too long, as word will spread like wildfire.

Russia enticed soldiers to join a unit by saying it wouldn't fight in Ukraine for months, then sent it straight to the front, UK intel says

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. chemgator

Apr 3, 2007
    In addition to destroying a submarine and a large landing ship, Ukraine also damaged a maintenance facility. This will hinder all of Russia's Black Sea naval operations.

A spectacular attack in Crimea is part of Ukraine's effort to 'evict' Putin's navy from a prized Black Sea base, experts say

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. chemgator

Apr 3, 2007
    And yet, Russia still feels a need to go on the offensive to retake ground that they lost. They lost Robotyne, and are trying to take it back. They appear to be running low on troops to defend their defensive lines. Putting Ukraine in a position to defend territory will only cost more Russian soldiers their lives.

Russia attempting to regain lost ground in Ukraine’s south, says deputy defense minister

Opinion: Ukraine is actually making progress against Russia

• Like Like x 1