Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Violent thugs and hooligans brutally attack police officers in D.C.

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by orangeblue_coop, Jan 6, 2021.

1. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    https://nypost.com/2021/01/06/protester-killed-in-capitol-was-air-force-vet-from-california/

2. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Is it online yet?

3. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC

4. g8rjd

g8rjd GC Hall of Fame

Jan 20, 2008
    Tallahassee, FL
    If anyone would like to read a book that predicted this, as it falls well within the pattern of authoritarianism, I highly recommend this author’s book, “Strongmen.”

5. PerSeGator

PerSeGator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2014
    I'm pretty sure only cabinet secretaries vote on the 25th amendment.

6. SeabudGator

SeabudGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 23, 2014
    It is funny how many of us are in the same boat. Yet so many knuckleheads have turned the Republican party into a caricature, at best, feeding on the fearful, uneducated, and disenfranchised. Those left defending this idiocy are just diehard cultists, loyal to a cult of personality. When their undermining of democracy and attack on equality are raised they ask for tolerance, failing to understand that tolerance of different view points stops when said viewpoints promote inequality, injustice, and certainly, the undermining of our democracy.

• Winner Winner x 6
  7. g8rjd

g8rjd GC Hall of Fame

Jan 20, 2008
    Tallahassee, FL
    Totally normal WH counsel advice to the West Wing staff here:

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    That’s sad. A lot of these Trump people are obviously mentally unstable, i saw the low quality video and while the general actions of a bunch of people could (and probably should) have lead to them getting shot on sight for what they were doing to the capitol, in light of all the people who didn’t get shot - this woman’s death seemed unnecessary.

I’m assuming the reason she was shot is they were trying to bust through into an area where people were hiding out. Guns were drawn and they still tried to break through. So it was basically just a message “you’re not getting through here”. That’s what it seemed like.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. SeabudGator

Apr 23, 2014
    How about also condemning the president for attempting to undermine our election, for threatening election officials and asking him to "find votes", for lying about fraud and undermining our democracy, and the protestors for trying to intimidate our officials? One is looting and the other is treason. It is easy to be against looting and violence, but you ignore the treason.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  10. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    I have no doubt they issued a number of warnings that a person trying to enter the room would be shot. It looked like that led to the area where multiple Congressmen and women were secured and being protected. Actions have consequences. Her blood is on the hands of people like Trump, Cruz, Hawley, and all the other nuts who stoked this violence.

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    “Orange Man Bad!”

Am I popular now? Please guys. All I want is approval from the libs on Too Hot:D

I’ve been repeatedly critical of Trump when he mouths off and it’s never enough for you guys. And that’s more than many of you can say regarding the wrongdoers on your own side.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 4
  12. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    I wonder if today was the Kraken the President's lawyers promised to unleash?

13. g8rjd

g8rjd GC Hall of Fame

Jan 20, 2008
    Tallahassee, FL
    Trump’s America:

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Life lesson from tonight: if you are in an office where the lawyer says not to listen to the boss because you could be prosecuted for treason, you should probably not hang around any longer.

This follows my life lesson from the morning: if you are giving a speech, never start a sentence with "Hitler was right about one thing..."

Days after she was sworn in, Illinois U.S. Rep. Mary Miller facing criticism for invoking Adolf Hitler during speech in Washington

Good day for life lessons...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    As the violent mob incited by President Donald Trump stormed the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday, some West Wing staffers panicked that they were possibly becoming participants in a coup to overthrow the government. “What do I do? Resign?” one nervous White House staffer asked a friend on Wednesday afternoon, shortly after news broke that a woman had been shot and killed inside the Capitol. The West Wing staffer told the friend that White House Counsel Pat Cipollone was urging White House officials not to speak to Trump or enable his coup attempt in any way, so they could reduce the chance they could be prosecuted for treason under the Sedition Act. “They’re being told to stay away from Trump,” the friend said. The White House declined to comment.

Cipollone’s purported concern that Trump was committing treason––a federal crime––illustrates the chaos and fear of Wednesday’s unprecedented events. At least one staffer isn’t waiting to flee the ship. On Wednesday night, CNN reported that Stephanie Grisham, the former White House communications director and Melania Trump’s current chief of staff, resigned over the Trump-inspired riot. As staff quit or steer clear, Trump is increasingly isolated and alone. According to a person close to the White House, Trump refused to take calls on Wednesday from business leaders who wanted him to call off the insurrectionists. A former West Wing staffer said Republicans were texting and calling Chief of Staff Mark Meadows to lobby him to intervene, but Meadows wasn’t answering.
    Tonight, there was a sense that the ground had shifted. Even Stephen Miller told one Republican that it was a terrible day. Twitter finally suspended Trump’s account—at least for 12 hours. And the immediate question facing Republicans became whether the violent scene today merits them invoking the 25th Amendment and removing Trump from office. The provision in the Constitution requires the vice president to secure support from the majority of the Cabinet or Congress. According to a D.C. strategist close to the White House, some prominent Republicans are lobbying Mike Pence to greenlight the process. “Pence has to initiate it,” the strategist said. Republicans I spoke to were doubtful Pence would take the extraordinary step given his longtime fealty to Trump––even in the face of being humiliated. “Maybe if Trump calls for another protest, then it’s possible,” the former West Wing official said.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    He didn't hesitate to use federal police and military to clear peaceful protesters from Lafayette Square so he could have a photo op holding that bible (that he's never read) but he refused to order the National Guard after his supporters had breached the Capitol building. What a steaming pile of excrement he is.

Pence took lead as Trump initially resisted sending National Guard to Capitol - CNNPolitics

Vice President Mike Pence, not President Donald Trump, helped facilitate the decision to mobilize members of the DC National Guard Wednesday when violence at the US Capitol building started to escalate, according to a source familiar with the move and public comments from top officials.

Trump, who has proven over the past year to be eager to deploy the National Guard when violence breaks out, initially resisted doing so on Capitol Hill Wednesday as a mob of his supporters breached the building, per a source familiar. Pence played a key role in coordinating with the Pentagon about deploying them, and urged them to move faster than they were.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Yes, I realize the deputy secretaries aren’t “cabinet level”, there was another tweet somewhere that “half the cabinet might resign”. So I was just sort of continuing that general discussion about all the people resigning. They are cowards. Resigning at this point is the easy way out, if anything else if there are a bunch of resignations but no impeachment/25th it puts things at greater peril.

18. SeabudGator

Apr 23, 2014
    So the answer is "NO", you will not condemn Trump for fostering this violence and lying/threatening to undermine our democracy... only "critical of Trump when he mouths off", not for treason. Got it. Not popular with "libs" as you disdainfully refer to them, or to moderates like me who care about our country.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. DawgFanFromAlabam

DawgFanFromAlabam GC Hall of Fame

Apr 18, 2007
    Are they in Mississippi near my in-laws?

20. intimigator1

intimigator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Male' Maldives
    Were there any arrests today? Didn't see the familiar zip ties ready to put on lawbreakers wrists.