Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Vance and Walz agree to a vice presidential debate on Oct. 1 hosted by CBS News

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by okeechobee, Aug 15, 2024.

1. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    To the extent that they 'happen,' they are medical emergencies, not people deciding they don't want a kid anymore at the last minute. You guys believe the dumbest shit imaginable, and in the absence of facts, you simply posit "oh there are probably lots happening we dont know about." Well guess what, when you ban abortion, there are going to be a lot of unregulated abortions you don't hear about lol.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. HeyItsMe

HeyItsMe GC Hall of Fame

Mar 7, 2009
    Exactly. Walz completely botched the answer to that question, though, no doubt about it, and I say that as a far left leaning liberal. Difference is I can admit when our guy screws up. Walz’s nuance and how in-depth he went with the topics that are important to people resonated with all of us, though. He gave really, really strong answers on many of the topics brought to light regarding policy.

3. vegasfox

vegasfox GC Hall of Fame

Feb 4, 2024
    Under Minnesota's abortion law(s) babies born alive can be left to die. Tim walz removed reporting requirements for these occurances

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Trickster

Trickster VIP Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Leave "veteran" out. One doesn't get to extol one's military service if one refuses to acknowledge the 2020 election was free and fair. What principle did Vance serve if not to uphold the essence of a democracy? It disgusts me that so many ex-military types, especially Marines, support a man for PRESIDENT who refuses to honor basic American democratic principles.

And all that whining about censorship, i.e., 'the left won't let us have a discussion about the validity of that election', is as big a pile of bullshit as I've ever heard.

Having said that, Vance did a good job.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    It's important to point out that freedom of speech and censorship is now on the ballot.

J.D. Vance in response to who is the threat to our democracy made the impactful comments that deciding who has the right to decide unacceptable disinformation is a blow to freedom of speech as it is the right of the citizenry to speak their minds in an open society such as the US possesses.

Vance also brought up the censoring of free speech which is in fact happening while granting favor to liberalism. It's election interference.

Nobody on either side should be for attacks on freedom of speech and censorship. Unfortunately, you'll see from comments here in support of same using some really convoluted reasoning to shutdown conservative speech.

6. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    That was the one comment in my “game thread” with my buddies during the debate—they weren’t literally attacking one another and focused in issues (regardless of what side you stood, and my group has people in both sides).

My comment to that is that the decorum we saw last night, and relished, was what all debates sounded like before the third grader came to power.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Under your bans people die for real, not in a religious weirdo's imagination, all because they cant get medical treatment

8. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Jon Stewart’s show on Monday hit in this type of allegation. I recommend it. He showed in his unique way just how obscenely hypocritical Trump’s accusations are when you put substance and reality behind the empty words.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Xenophobic
    Election liar
    Cat lady
    Pet eater

Weird.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  10. enviroGator

enviroGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    When your candidate admits to making up stories about people eating cats you kind of lose any high grounds about being truthful.

Walz has embellished his past, "Oh no, he is a liar!"

Trump and Vance daily unleash a fire hose of bull shit and "Oh, I totally trust Trump. He is an honest man. Straight shooter."

SMH.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Don’t you find it refreshing that he didn’t dodge the actual question, or hide behind some inane response? He flat out said he was being hyperbolic and admitted he was put there. Compare that to Vance’s dodging and reframing of questions, not time to Tump’s, well … every words he says.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Agreed, freedom of speech is on the ballot.
    FCC chair rejects Trump call to pull ABC licenses over presidential debate
    Trump: NBC, CNN should have ‘licenses or whatever’ pulled for not airing Iowa speech

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
  13. enviroGator

enviroGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    Wasn't happy he wasn't ready for that question any better than he was, but I agree. I liked that he admitted he had over stated it.

If the shoe was on Trumps foot, he would have attacked the moderator, attacked the question, claimed he was the one who suggested the girl put the flower down in front of the tank, and claimed total victory over the rigged moderators.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Let me help you out here:

Freedom of speech means that the government will not stop or punish your speech. It does not give you the right to another person's microphone. I can choose to not amplify your speech. I can also choose to counter your speech with additional speech. Both are my rights. By insisting on the need for all forms of amplification, you are creating free speech for me, not for thee.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. obgator

obgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    upload_2024-10-2_7-19-20.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    MAGA trying to claim the Democrats are the threat to democracy is the most hilarious thing I've seen in a long time. I don't even think they believe it They just have to use the talking point.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    According to CNN's instant poll of viewers who watched the VP debate, Walz was at 46% favorable, 32% unfavorable (net +14%) before the debate, while Vance was at 30% favorable, 52% unfavorable (net -22%). After the debate, 59% had a favorable view of Walz, with just 22% viewing him unfavorably (net +37%), while 41% had a favorable view of Vance, with 44% viewing him unfavorably (net -3%).

https://www.cnn.com/2024/10/02/politics/election-poll-walz-vance-debate/index.html

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    How many fairy births and minotaur births are aborted in the third term? About the same as humans.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    That jives with what I watched. I'm not sure anybody watching the debate with a rational head on their shoulders came away with a worse opinion of either of them than they started with

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1