Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Vance and Walz agree to a vice presidential debate on Oct. 1 hosted by CBS News

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by okeechobee, Aug 15, 2024.

1. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    No problem except the mods cut off Vance's mic so he couldn't respond. He responded in a professional way letting them know he wasn't going to be railroaded like ABC did to Trump in the non-debate.

Since you live in a nation that believes it's okay to trample on free speech, I can understand you having no problem with it.

Also, the rules for the debate were for open mics and for the candidates to fact check each other. There was no reason for the mods to cut Vance's mic in an attempt to take away his right to respond after they needlessly inserted themselves into the debate.

Limey Lefty seems like a good tag for you.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. gaterzfan

gaterzfan GC Hall of Fame

Feb 6, 2020
    You know the left is profoundly fubar when they characterize an intelligent, honest, well spoken, accomplished, veteran as “weird”. Really, the rest of America needs to awaken to the mindless hate of the progressive leftists in our nation.

• Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  3. HeyItsMe

HeyItsMe GC Hall of Fame

Mar 7, 2009
    His mic should have been cut off. He and his two minutes, they needed to move on and he kept droning on about it.

4. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Do you do professional comedy or just on here? Good stuff. Weirdo with eyeliner who wants to register pregnancies and thinks not having kids makes your vote less important is your idea of normal. Hilarious.

6. stingbb

stingbb Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    JD Vance was built for last night’s debate format. It was not a fair fight.

With that said, both VP candidates are night and day improvements over their running mates. Sad but true reality of our current situation.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. enviroGator

enviroGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    I was surprised by the tone, much different than I expected from Vance since he comes off as a major prick most of the time.

Walz came out nervous, but settled down and finished strong.

I felt Vance dodged a lot of the questions asked to him, and often tried to lay new ground that really hasn't been what the Pub party is about. His "we need to regain trust" comment sounded good, but the reality is it isn't about trust, it is about actions. The Pubs have been pushing for more and more restrictive abortion bans everywhere they can. JD, I trust you and the pubs will do exactly what you have been saying you want to do, and that is to further restrict the rights of women and doctors.

Walz did misspeak a few times. I'm sure Trump is already working on commercials to get cheap points off those glitches. I personally don't have a problem with someone mixing a word up from time to time (as I do it constantly), and that is different than with Trump where time and time again you see him struggle to read a word off the teleprompter because he doesn't seem to know the word.

Overall, JD did a good job for JD, possibly helping his star, but I don't think he did a good job for Trump. I heard a lot of "I feel ...." and "I would like ..." coming from him on topics where he wasn't following the "company line."

Walz didn't help himself or Kamala. But I don't think he hurt either either. Solid answers most of the time, little shaky on presentation. But he did come across as sincere which truthfully has been his strong suit.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. LimeyGator

LimeyGator Official Brexit Reporter!

"We agreed I could lie without you challenging me!"

Some interesting political priorities.

Fact check, Mics on: You literally don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about.

If calling me "Lefty Limey" means I value the truth from my public servants, fill your boots. I didn't realise being honest was a partisan issue any more.

• Like Like x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    If the mods had maintained their neutrality, this would not have happened, Vance still got his point across. The mods though biased at least behaved themselves thereafter.

I think Vance showed remarkable patience with the debate process. He could have just as easily created a stink, but he showed he was up for the job of VP with the way he conducted himself under fire. Thanks for that CBS.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. stingbb

stingbb Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    As bad as Walz openly admitting he lied about being in China during the Tiananmen Square protests? Or Walz saying he was friends with school shooters?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  11. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    You don't value the truth which is the same problem over in Great Britain.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2024 at 9:19 AM
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. LimeyGator

LimeyGator Official Brexit Reporter!

Can't disagree that many of our politicians don't.

I do. I can't stand people who lie.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. HeyItsMe

HeyItsMe GC Hall of Fame

Mar 7, 2009
    The Tiananmen Sqaure answer was completely botched by Walz and he should have been better prepared to answer it, flat out. The school shooters thing was clearly a misspeak, albeit a bad one. When you’re up one stage for 1.5 hours and have only two minutes to answer questions, chances are there will be slip ups along the way. That said, I thought Walz’s answers on actual policy related questions were much better than Vance’s and he really went into specifics, especially about things like healthcare and childcare. This was an even debate, Walz’s couple of gaffe’s not withstanding.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  14. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Funny. I like this kid.

15. enviroGator

enviroGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    I think there was a missed opportunity on the border to point out that after Trump had the border bill squashed so he could campaign on it, Biden used executive orders to implement the parts that he could on his own, and that because of those policies border encounters have plummeted.

Dems should be pointing that out every time they point out Trump killed the bill. It has been a huge success and really shows that Dems are about solutions, and not just about campaigning.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2024 at 8:48 AM
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. vegasfox

vegasfox GC Hall of Fame

Feb 4, 2024
    Do you believe in late 3rd term abortions? If a viable baby is born alive should it receive medical care or is it okay to kill it?

17. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    I dont believe in them in the sense that they are a thing made up by anti-abortion zealots. You guys have some weird fantasies.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Much worse. I'd much rather vote for a politician who admitted error in a past statement than one who threw a tantrum about being fact checked on his lies.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    Apparently you shouldn't fact check right wingers. They enjoy a fact-free lifestyle.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. vegasfox

vegasfox GC Hall of Fame

Feb 4, 2024
    Third term abortions are rare in Minnesota but they do occur. About 1 per year from 2019-2022 in Minnesota. I would that number increases in US states as you get closer to the equator. The 2022 late term abortion in Minnesota came at 32 weeks. I'm open to the possibility that there are 3rd term abortions we never hear about

VERIFY: Does the state of Minnesota allow abortion up to birth? | kare11.com

• Funny Funny x 2