Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Vance and Walz agree to a vice presidential debate on Oct. 1 hosted by CBS News

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by okeechobee, Aug 15, 2024.

1. gator34654

gator34654 GC Hall of Fame

Jun 5, 2007
    Remember the hanging chad guy who whined? Or the candidate who lost Ga governor race? It happens. You have to be pretty naive not to believe sophisticated cheating happens on a large both in the past and present. There are a few swing states that just a few thousand votes either way can swing the election. The fact that you have mail in voting, early voting, voters without ID's, and it's easy to see how elections can be stolen. Think about which party is promoting early voting, no ID for voting, mail in voting, and who in democrat control cites are allowed to count the votes. Stalin once said, "I don't care how many vote, I just care who counts the votes." So, can people cheat and get away with it? Happens all the time.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  3. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Hey buddy..you are supposed to be using the fake "cut" Vance pics now for memes, not the round face fatty you used. Are you behind on talking points?

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. gaterzfan

gaterzfan GC Hall of Fame

Feb 6, 2020
    Best comparison I’ve seen of Vance and Walz:

When you’ve broken your leg, Vance is the neighbor who mows your lawn for you ….. while Walz is the guy that calls the HOA’s property manager to report your overgrown yard.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. mikemcd810

mikemcd810 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    And Donald Trump goes to church every Sunday and can recite his favorite Bible verses. What planet are you living on? One is a teacher with a history of selfless actions and the other is a venture capitalist.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Never read a more disconnected from reality post and that includes the Russian bots.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. swampbabe

swampbabe GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Viera, FL
    Agree. Vance is the guy that makes you cover your drink. What a skeevy putz.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  8. chemgator

chemgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    If I were moderating the debate, this is how the conversation would have went down:

Me: Fact-check Vance.

Vance: "You said you weren't going to fact-check!"

Me: "You said you weren't going to lie!" (Big smile on my face.)

Game. Set. Match.

• Like Like x 1
  9. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    Typical BS from our local Libs even though this one likes to identify as a republican

10. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    Body language expert tells Dr. Phil he saw 'panic' on Walz's face during key debate moment (msn.com)

Body language expert Scott Rouse called out Gov. Tim Walz, D-Minn., for panicking and trying to avoid answering a question about his presence at Tiananmen Square during the vice presidential debate Tuesday.

One of the debate’s most surprising moments came when the CBS debate moderators confronted the governor about his claim that he had been in Hong Kong during the Tiananmen Square protests, when he actually traveled to Asia in August 1989, a few months later.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    Vance is the guy that makes women put their hands over their drinks in a bar while he drones on about crypto.

Vance is the fast food manager that knows your complaint is right but still won't refund you for your burger.

Vance is the creep that makes women ask for someone to walk them to their car.

Vance is the guy that yells, "Don't you know who I am?" when a woman rejects him.

The Internet if full of them...

12. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    And … Trump brings his famous green bean casserole to Sunday’s potluck neighborhood dinner …

13. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    LOL at Americans who believe we have two distinctly different parties and a fiercely independent media …

14. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    This list is from August. Note the first. There's a bunch more.

The Internet Is Making Hilarious Comparisons Between Tim Walz And J.D. Vance, And I Can't Stop Laughing

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. phatGator

phatGator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2007
    Dayton, Ohio
    These comparisons between Vance and Walz are hilarious not because they are funny in themselves, but the fact that people make them up and think it’s funny to post them. These comparisons are nothing more than fantasies from their imaginations, where they get to paint anybody anyway they want based upon their own biases.

Everyone of these comparisons could easily have the names switched. Would they still be funny that way?

• Like Like x 1
  17. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    Vance is a polished ivy-league millennial who's adept at code-switching his personalities and seems to prefer a big stage to interacting with individuals and small groups. That seems the reverse of Bush 43, who was not a talented speaker but whom many liked personally and felt he was genuine. Walz, a non-lawyer who is far from smooth and not practiced in debate techniques, would be more comfortable talking to folks at the doughnut shop than a formal debate. Walz is also burdened by having a Resting Sad Face.

Style points weren't close to me. Vance is clearly better at debating. In terms of the substance, Vance's position on J6 is disqualifying to me - not to mention the odd claim about Trump saving the ACA.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2024 at 11:19 AM
    • Like Like x 1
  18. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Maybe? It all depends on the delivery.

• Like Like x 1
  19. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    Most political memes are silly caricatures but I guess it's true with comedy generally that attempted humor works best when there's a plausible grain of truth involved. To me, Vance seems able to switch from coming across as reasonable versus extreme, civil versus mean-spirited, etc., so that makes it difficult to put him in neat boxes. Whichever role he is playing, though, Vance still typically comes across as very smart, academic, calm, and calculating. To me, Walz comes across as kind and practical yet kind of frantic and uncomfortable. Just my take.

20. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    • Funny Funny x 1