Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

USSC lifts bump stock ban

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by oragator1, Jun 14, 2024.

1. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    jo, you know EXACTLY who these people are. They are the reincarnation of Jim Crow Southerners of 1877 to 1969.
    What more evidence do you need? They sacked the capital Jan. 6th! Murdered police!! Were calling for violent revolution,
    the ripping apart of the Constitution and supported the illegal ascenion of power of a man that has clearly made his
    goal of being a totalitarian dictator public. And most of them hide behind waving American Flags and the King James Bible.

• Like Like x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  2. GolphinGator

GolphinGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Gainesville/ Micanopy
    I don't own a bump stock and don't plan on buying one, but I find it funny that so many here seem to think that gun laws ever stopped someone from killing people. It is easy enough for someone to make one if they want to and I not think a murderer cares about gun laws or any law.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    The problem is that you assume rationality. Essentially, you are assuming that every murder is planned and not based on short-term emotional outbursts. In the real world, this is, of course, complete nonsense. There is a reason that countries with less guns tend to have much lower murder rates.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    You are absolutely right. Mass shootings have never been a problem in the country. Carry on and tell those platitudes to the families of the next group that gets shot.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  5. slocala

slocala VIP Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Government issued Soma should solve the problem.

6. GolphinGator

Apr 9, 2007
    Gainesville/ Micanopy
    Do you have a problem reading? I never said anything close to that. Laws have not stopped mass shooting or any murder of any kind. The bump stock ban didn't stop them from happening. I really don't care if they are against the law, but I am not fool enough to think that them being against the law is going to stop some nut job from killing people with one or by or using some other means.

7. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Matthew Kacsmaryk the judicial nominee that keeps on giving and if Trump is elected we can expect many more judges like Kacsmaryk and Aileen Cannon especially if the Republicans regain a Senate majority.

8. sierragator

Apr 8, 2007
    You obviously have no problem with the status quo as you are clearly in favor of doing nothing about it. Carry on.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  9. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    Mass shootings are only okay if the victims are Palestinians.

10. GolphinGator

Apr 9, 2007
    Gainesville/ Micanopy
    [
    So you are for more laws even if they don't stop mass shootings or murders.

11. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    It is funny how this logic of only passing laws if they fully stop an activity only applies to gun laws. What are your thoughts on drug laws? Immigration laws? Both of those don't stop their activities. You good with getting rid of all of those?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  12. GolphinGator

Apr 9, 2007
    Gainesville/ Micanopy
    So you are for people being put in jail for smoking or growing pot? If not then does that mean you are against all drug laws? No reason to pass more that don't work. And I am sure there are plenty of bad drug laws and immigration laws that should not have been passed. If they can pass some that work I am all for it. I didn't say I was against laws, only ones that will not work and anyone with a brain would know they will not work and are passed only for political show.

• Like Like x 1
  13. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Presidential proclamations are no substitute for legislative action. Trump found that out on immigration. Biden on guns. At some point it’s going to have to get bad enough for them to do something… really bad apparently.

14. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Nope. I'm against drug laws (and do not favor gun bans).

Are you in favor of putting people in jail for selling fentanyl? If yes, then your argument falls apart, as people regularly use and sell fentanyl. Nobody seems to reasonably believe that the activity will be stopped by laws, so why pass or enforce such a law?

15. sierragator

Apr 8, 2007
    Walking , talking definition of insanity in our midst. No one is coming to your door for your precious guns. I hope no one you care about gets caught up in a mass shooting.

16. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    The idea of mitigation is completely lost on some people. If a law doesn’t prevent all gun violence then they think it’s worthless.

If you don’t think the proliferation of firearms in this country is a contributing factor to our excessive gun violence then you’re a moron.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    It appears that laws stopped mass shooting in Australia. Certainly has in other places like Japan. If laws were effective in so many other nations, why do you suspect that they would not be effective (esp. in the long term) in the U.S.?

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. GatorBen

GatorBen Premium Member

Apr 9, 2007
    This one is technically Trump figuring it out on guns. Biden is currently learning it in the lower courts on the the pistol brace rule and the receiver/frame rule.

19. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    Wait, what?

- A law requiring training might not have educated or scared the 18 year old who bought weapons for the younger Columbine shooters, and prevented her from doing so?

- A law requiring training might not have educated the woman with the mentally ill son, and convinced her to lock up her AR-15, possibly preventing the Sandy Hook shooting or scope of it?

- A law preventing 18 year-olds from buying AR-15s or other high powered rifles might not have prevented the Uvalde shooting, or the scope of killing?

- A better NICs/background check system might not have prevented the Charleston church shooting? (since Dylan Roof should have been denied firearms purchase ability)

- Closing the gun show loophole might not prevent some criminals from obtaining weapons, probably preventing some murders and shootings?

And we could go on and on and on and on.....

Bro, you just say stupid shit over and over again to the point that you actually believe it. But that obviously doesn't make it true. Or make anyone else believe your nonsense. Do you actually know anything about these incidents?

20. GolphinGator

Apr 9, 2007
    Gainesville/ Micanopy
    I never said that no laws work, but many that are passed are total BS. We have rights here that the people of Australia don't have. Good luck trying to get people here to turn their guns in. They will not and they shouldn't.

• Agree Agree x 1