Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

US deficit projected to reach $1.9 trillion this year

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by studegator, Jun 19, 2024.

1. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    We are very much aligned - and best I can tell in a small minority.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    Yeah sure, buddy. Your eyes may be open, but unless it's time to complain about Biden you are covering them like one of those "see no evil" monkeys.

Trump immediately blowing up the deficit.....or planning more tax cuts? "See no evil."

3. G8tas

G8tas GC Hall of Fame

Sep 22, 2008
    Yep conservatives forget all about the deficit as soon as they see a Republican in office

• Like Like x 1
  4. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    This is reaching, even for you.

5. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    And neither will the rest of the world.

Music has to keep playing.

6. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    Look at federal spending and tell me what it’s done the last 4 years and tell me about tax cuts.
    Mind you the GOV did jack spending through the roof to deal with COVID.

7. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    It will end just like it would for any family who continued racking up credit card debt, despite having good paying jobs. The creditors will start to say "okay, enough is enough. You need to pay down some principal before we increase your credit line." Once said family is unable to do that due to the interest charges and payments coming due for other credit cards and loans, credit cards become maxed out. Now nobody wants to lend you money. Your credit score takes a massive hit because high debt in proportion to credit limit is a credit score killer. The ratings agencies will downgrade the U.S. credit rating, making it even harder for the U.S. government to borrow their way out of the quagmire. Eventually, the U.S. will begin defaulting on debt obligations. When this happens, you will see a massive shift away from the U.S. dollar as the world's reserve currency (if said shift hasn't already begun to occur). And then as another poster mentioned, hyperinflation sets in as we scramble to print money to pay our way out of debt.

Frankly, I think before it gets that far, there will be a war. And it is these times that are often catalysts for major wars. If the U.S. comes out victorious, there could be a windfall like there was in the late 1940's and 1950's. But, boy is it going to be difficult to fund a war machine when you're already so far in debt everyone is afraid to lend to you.

8. GatorNorth

GatorNorth Premium Member Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Atlanta
    Aren't the budgets/appropriations prepared and approved in advance? So 09 was Bush's final fiscal year, 17 was Obama's, 21 was Trump's and 25 will be Biden's, regardless of who wins the election in this November. Unless, of course, there is extraordinary new unplanned spending like a GFC bailout or covid stimulus added to that initial fiscal year.

9. AgingGator

AgingGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    You and Jo should get married.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Anything that isn’t defense or SS/Medicare is a comparatively small number

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    I found you YOUR special someone!

aNwvx64_460s.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. AgingGator

AgingGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    Now I realize the basis for your irrational hatred of Trump; your wife obviously has a big crush on him. From the looks of that picture, she gives it more attention than she gives you.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    I see what you did- my wife!

Not really that funny, but pretty good coming from you. So good job.

Here's a challenge for you though: try to bring your mind to a place where deeply disliking : rape, adultery, crime, fraud, accepting help in an election from Russia, lying to the public, conspiring to overturn an election, coercing both state officials and foreign governments, and joyfully watching hundreds of cops being beaten isn't........"irrational hate."

Supporting a criminal traitor shouldn't be normal, and hating one abnormal. Try to expand your mind to allow you to cease being on Team Traitor!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. NavyGator93

NavyGator93 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2015
    Georgia
    I always get a kick out of MAGA when they bring up fiscal responsibility or the deficit.

"Ignoring the pandemic relief measures enacted by both presidents, the proportion of debt addition still holds around 2-to-1, with former President Trump adding $4.8 trillion in non-pandemic-aid fiscal debt and Biden adding $2.2 trillion."

https://thehill.com/business/4736740-trump-biden-fiscal-policy-deficit/

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1