Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Urban Klavzar

Discussion in 'Nuttin but Net' started by core545, Jun 16, 2024.

1. bullish

bullish GC Hall of Fame

Nov 14, 2010
    Walter has the best stroke on shooting that I have seen in a long time. Think Dupay, Humphrey, Andrew Moten, Lil Erv, all Of these could shoot the eyeballs out but Walter is bigger, and has proven last year, especially the SEC tournament, that he is money. We beat some tough teams last year and gave everyone a run for their money. One of the best guard tandems in Gator history. I expect another year of him setting records and winning a lot of games. Jason Williams didn’t get enough time to be in my thinking, but I loved his game and flair. Walter is poetry in motion shooting a basketball, perfect form. I feel before he leaves us, everyone will know it nation-wide and I think he will forever be remembered as being one of if not the greatest shooting guard ever in an Gator uniform.

• Like Like x 4
  2. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist

Apr 3, 2007
    I believe that Eric wrote that the European leagues don’t assign assists as freely as the US does so not to be too concerned about that stat.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. beechgator

beechgator GC Legend

Aug 31, 2007
    Clayton is "pretty good?" Wha?

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. filamg8torfan

filamg8torfan GC Legend

Mar 17, 2019
    Agree. Competition is good for any team. Best one in practice gets more minutes. I like fearless little guys around the rim. That's why I liked Iverson's game. Not saying he will play like Iverson was, but I like the kid's tenacity.

5. murphree_hall

murphree_hall VIP Member

Jul 11, 2019
    Most impressive thing in that video clip was the drop step two-handed dunk. I didn't think he had that in him. The other skills and abilities, I expected. It's going to be almost impossible to put him in the starting lineup over Clayton or Martin. Maaaybe Richard, but that is also a stretch. Richard is a glue guy. I think Urban takes over the starting job next year, but not this year, while having a big role off the bench in 2024-2025. I think this becomes a fight for minutes between Urban and Aberdeen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. murphree_hall

murphree_hall VIP Member

Jul 11, 2019
    Maaan... people are reckless with the Clayton disrespect here. He had a couple of tough stretches in 2-3 games last year and some of us forget how much of a baller and star this dude is on the basketball court. I will accept no Walter Clayton Jr. slander!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. 108

108 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    NYC
    Exciting times, looking forward to the upcoming season..

8. jeffphillips21

jeffphillips21 GC Hall of Fame

Jun 20, 2009
    Vancouver
    I'm fine with a big role off the bench, either way he looks like he could be an impact player for us this year. We might be even deeper across the board than we were last year, and that's saying a lot. I can't wait to see how much Condon and Haugh have improved as well. I think Condo is going to be a beast on both ends of the floor

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. GatorPlanet

GatorPlanet GC Hall of Fame

Apr 15, 2007
    Maitland, FL
    Since you brought up practice and Iverson in the same post...

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. filamg8torfan

filamg8torfan GC Legend

Mar 17, 2019
    Pros dont care about practice. You're talking about practice man! Lol. I guess some of these guys might think the same way as Iverson since they are semi pro now.