Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Update: Video released - Illinois cop charged with murder for shooting a woman in her own home

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by WarDamnGator, Jul 19, 2024.

1. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    Funny, I never see you go on these rants in trans threads started by righty posters

2. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Bull crap.i'm literally calling them out in this thread, and have done so previously.

And one single line is hardly a rant.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. tilly

Ok. I will clarify. I was not making the point that a murder equals something less evil. I made a poor choice in a snarky post.

My (poorly made) point was, certain posters have a habit of starting these threads. And certain posters have a habit of starting those threads, and BOTH are terrible attempts to lump groups together.

I should have been clearer and the word missteps was a very poor choice on my part.

As for me not calling out trans threads, that is literally what I am doing here and have done in the past.

And i was not comparing cop threads to trans sports threads. I was referring to the threads or posts that accuse trans people of being sexual predators or commiting crimes, of which there have been several by the same couple of posters.(Some which have actually been locked or deleted over the years)

Regardless, I should have just commented on the tragic post at hand.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
  4. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    I think the ire is more over the people posting Trans stuff like it’s some kind of a major issue that merits the attention given rather than your comment about the quantity of stories neither side misses. You were just an easy target, lol.

5. tilly

Attention City, I think my wife may have hacked your account.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    We are out of milk.

• Funny Funny x 4
  7. tilly

She is lactose intolerant so now I know its really you.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. ValdostaGatorFan

ValdostaGatorFan GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    TitleTown, USA
    Before his firing, Grayson had been with the Sangamon county sheriff’s department for nearly 18 months. He served as an officer with several other police agencies in central Illinois for about seven years prior.

Illinois deputy charged with murder after shooting a Black woman

Makes you wonder if this is a gypsy cop who can't stay out of trouble and departments either don't look into his past or don't care...

BTW, bodycam is supposed to be released today.

• Informative Informative x 4
  9. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Well, the video is out, and it's as bad as it sounded ... unfreaking believable ...

She was calm, didn’t make any aggressive moves, looked scared out her mind when the cop pulled his gun, put her hands up and fell to the floor in what looked like legitimate fear to me …

The cop had told her to remove the pot from the stove because it was a fire hazard, which she did. The cops walked away from her as she moved the pot just a couple of feet to a nearby sink. One cop said he was moving away from her because she was handling a hot pot.

She said something like "I rebuke you in the name of Jesus", while standing about 15 feet from the cop and setting the pot down, on the other side of the counter, and that seemed to set him off ...

Sonya Massey murder: Illinois police bodycam video shows fatal shooting (fox32chicago.com)

Last edited: Jul 22, 2024
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. GCNumber7

GCNumber7 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Awful. WTF was the cop thinking?

11. danmanne65

danmanne65 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 2, 2022
    DeLand
    I don’t have words. We need to stop trusting police when they testify. If their testimony is not automatically believed accountability will follow. These two idiots need to be put under the jail.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  12. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    I couldn't understand what she said to him before he started yelling at her and saying she better not do it. Did anyone hear it clearly?

13. ValdostaGatorFan

Aug 21, 2007
    TitleTown, USA
    Damn. She was unarmed and he mistepped her right in the face. Just like he said he would.

Makes you wonder why he has worked at at least 4 different departments... I'd like know to know what this last department knew before they hired him.

Also, Nice tatt, murderer.

tatt.PNG

14. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Yep, the same folks who bitch about government over reach. Getting summarily executed by a cop is definitely government over reach. Carry on.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  15. WarDamnGator

Apr 8, 2007
    He must not have known the other guy had his camera on ... From CNN ... he said later, off camera to another officer that arrived:

“She had boiling water and came at me with boiling water,” he says in the video. “She said she was going to rebuke me in the name of Jesus and came at (me) with boiling water.”

If not the body camera, these two idiots would have gotten their story straight and skated ...

Sonya Massey shooting: Illinois police release bodycam video of fatal shooting of Black woman in her home | CNN

16. ValdostaGatorFan

Aug 21, 2007
    TitleTown, USA
    He turned his on after he shot. There's pre-record from his BWC with no audio leading up to the shooting.

Cops often rationalize and try and get audible statements on bodycam that they think will help them.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    Up there with the Daniel shaver killing and the south carolina man shot in the back as the worst ones i have seen. The aggressive language and lack of composure is one of the biggest issues with policing that seems to continue to be ignored. On the surface I see another agro cop with terrible deescalation skills but the headline focuses on race.

18. WarDamnGator

Apr 8, 2007
    I'm not even seeing what had to be "deescalated" in this situation -- other than his own actions. I think he took her saying "I rebuke you in the name of Jesus" as a threat, but he had just said he stepped away from her because she had a pot of hot water, and in that context, isn't it just a dumb way of saying "I disagree or disapprove" ... as in, "I'm just moving this pot, your fears are unfounded"? Or does that phrase have some threating meaning I'm missing?

19. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    Yeah de-escalation isn't the best term in this case. Preventing escalation to begin with was this guy's own failure as it is with many others.

I've shared my thoughts on these incidents several times and I don't see very much consideration to curbing some of the issues I have seen working with cops.

• Like Like x 1
  20. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    This was an execution. Both of those pieces of trash need to be thrown in prison but Trump wants to give full immunity to police officers, so we'll see what happens. RIP Sonya.

• Like Like x 1