Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Update: Kelly buzz..."The Thread" Hall of Fame bound.

Discussion in 'GC Hall of Fame' started by tilly, Nov 10, 2017.

1. GATOR_4Life

GATOR_4Life Junior

Aug 16, 2010
    Marietta, Ga
    UF has also gotten tougher as the price tag for out of state schools has gone up. Add in bright futures and unless your kid is getting into a legit top10 school, it just isn't worth the price difference.

2. mcogator

mcogator Sophomore

Nov 22, 2016
    Torrance, CA
    On point 2, in the last 20 years, the only two overweight coaches to win th MNC are Bowden and Fulmer.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    With regard to UF academic reputation versus UCLA, it depends on major. For example, UF journalism program is better than UCLA. Many athletes now think they will go into broadcasting after career, UF can position this as a strength. Al and Chris do Sunday Night Football broadcast, Jessie Palmer was former Batchelor and now broadcaster and Good Morning America contributor, Erin Andrews and Dancing with Stars and Fox, Emmit winning Dancing with Stars, and Tim Tebow, Doering, James Bates, Kevin Carter, Heather Mitts, Jenn Brown, ... UF brand translates well nationally

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    I agree with you about academics 100%. I'd also say I'm disappointed that our football program has taken a major step back the last 10 years. Like it or not, athletics and the Bell Cow (football program) is a big part of a university.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. justkidding1

justkidding1 Junior

Nov 16, 2017
    Gator fans are awesome IMO. I live in Seattle so always a treat for me to go support the Gators and be surrounded by Gator family. Dallas against Michigan was the last time I had that chance. The pep rally was great and the love for our school and fellow Gators was abundant.

Also got to meet Stricklin and was impressed. He also mentioned that this is a special place.

We have some asshole fans just like every school but they don't come anywhere close to the number of good alums and other people who support our school and program.

Sometimes lately it is true that we don't have a winning attitude. We should know that we are top 5 level school. Whether we are currently there or a few spots lower does not matter. What matters is that we should know we can attain the best and roll up our sleeves, get the best ball coach we can, build up our facilities and get where we should be in football.

On the other hand, folks like you are sad. That said, your trash attitude will never scuff UF's shine.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. vaxcardinal

vaxcardinal GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    The academic reputation of Florida is much higher in the south than nationally.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. vaxcardinal

Apr 8, 2007
    I don't thing the gator reputation increased based on appearances on the bachelor or dancing with the stars. And you forgot about Lochte

8. GatorLuke

GatorLuke GC Legend

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    Happy Thanaksgiving to GC fam!
    Looking forward to this coaching search being finished to say the least. Good news is the Gator family and Gator Nation are some of the best in the country. Thankful I was introduced to the Gators at a very young age by my father and Uncle. If it’s not CK it’s a shame, as CK has a Nick Saban like opportunity here. We all will move forward and get behind whoever the guy is. We are Fam and stronger than any 1 coach. Go Gators, Beat FSU and a cherry on top with hiring CK!!!!

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. Notoriousgator

Notoriousgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Lol.

Regarding that rant. Has anyone ever heard the kid that Gundy was supposedly "sticking up" for tell his side of the story?

Bobby Reid said the outburst was an act and that Gundy is a shady liar. Reid says that act has ended his life.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Can I like agree and disagree all the same time

11. BobK89

BobK89 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Tampa, FL
    Shouldn't be. UF is a member of the American Association of Universities (AAU), THE top 62 public and private universities in the country.

• Winner Winner x 4
  12. alex4r

alex4r Sophomore

Nov 27, 2016
    I think he said that in 2008 but Gundy ended up hiring him a few years later

13. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Because the nation just doesn't know the facts.football sometimes overshadows the fact that it's a great academic institution

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. hotelgator

hotelgator Junior

Jun 21, 2007
    Boston
    If your not getting upset and allowing losses to ruin your day, your maturing as a person not loosing interest!
    Why would you be here if you didn't care?
    Never let others dictate you!

Go Gators

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. vaxcardinal

Apr 8, 2007
    But the reality is different.

16. vaxcardinal

Apr 8, 2007
    Yep. When I review resumes I view Florida students higher than students at other schools. But that's based on the fact that I graduated from UF

• Like Like x 1
  17. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Ha ha ha. This thread will go to 1,000 pages based solely on complete and utter bullshit, mostly put out there by people with so called "inside" information. We all know who they are.

Check back with Tilly at page 2, 000, after the news media breaks the story. He will dish the scoop then.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. justkidding1

justkidding1 Junior

Nov 16, 2017
    Maybe but the reputation is known nationally. There is a reason that major tech companies like google and MSFT show up at our career fair :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I think we are both in metro dc. It has gotten better over the time I have lived up here.
    This area is also a bit of a skewed sample set because outside of California, no area has higher ranked public universities. You also have a lot of people who come in from other areas and went to good schools. So we are kind of an “average” school. For example, my last boss was a Penn grad, one of my teammates was a Cornell grad and another a William and Mary grad...on my current team we have UVA and William and Mary etc.
    For most of the south we are the exception rankings wise, here it feels like the norm.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. crl

crl GC Legend

Nov 8, 2008
    My sister lives in LA and is a UF alum also and her kids didn't even consider UF because out there UF academically is not considered anything special. The one that has already graduated is at Georgetown.