Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Update: Kelly buzz..."The Thread" Hall of Fame bound.

Discussion in 'GC Hall of Fame' started by tilly, Nov 10, 2017.

1. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Dude's an ESPN insider putting his name to it. Generally means he is sure. These guys jobs depend on keeping their name clean,

2. flipdaddy5

flipdaddy5 All American

Jan 3, 2015
    Well fellas, theres always tomorrow :D

3. Pasco08

Pasco08 All American

Sep 5, 2013
    Dade City FL
    Wing is being so incredibly irrational about this I feel like he has been taken over by a Nole fan or something. He wants frost but is on here losing his mind over us getting Kelly? This doesn't make sense lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. uf99

uf99 Freshman

Dec 14, 2010
    At 7pm. With Jordan uniforms.

I hope they also bring Rick Flair.... and Snoop (he can help with the California targets)

5. gatorr4life

gatorr4life -WE ARE THE BOYS- Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    So sick of waiting.

6. G. Gordon Gator

G. Gordon Gator All American

May 3, 2017
    [​IMG]

7. gator0711

gator0711 Freshman

Dec 26, 2009
    Still have hope. 11 minutes left

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. incoldblood

incoldblood GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2016
    Guess you cherry pick your "insiders" lol. Nothing in there says anything about official notification. They "let it be known"

9. tilly

OK *shrug*

I keep hoping this thing somehow turns back to Frost so I hope you are right.

10. tilly

Bruce Feldman with an interesting take...and mentions that all the NFL money still coming to CK could make him a bargain.

• Like Like x 1
  11. gator_life_forever

gator_life_forever Freshman

Oct 30, 2017
    I think if Frost has said no thanks you've got to pull the trigger on Kelly now before other schools get in his ear.

• Winner Winner x 2
  12. tilly

I don't think Frost has said no. I just think Frost is focused on his team...and is listening to Nebraska. But your premise is the same. Need to act quickly if CK is the guy. Seems that is where the smoke is at the moment...mostly due to Frost being preoccupied.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  13. jdfmoc

jdfmoc Sophomore

Nov 24, 2013

Frost has said no trust me... He has said yes to Nebraska

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/JTL87/history/20171114/0630Z/KLNK/KORL

Jet enroute under the cover of darkness

For what its worth the Nebraska king air was scheduled but appears to be a maintenance issue or something..

Anyways that's all for now

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    If Chip is on the table, the hell with Scott Frost. I was all in on Scott Frost until Chip became a realistic option. The fact is that he's 46-7 in college with two Rose Bowl wins and nearly beat the Auburn team with Cam Newton and Nick Fairley in the NCG. Mark Helfrich, a much lesser coach, took Kelly's team to 24-4 in the two years after his departure. I feel confident that Kelly would have won a NC had he stayed at Oregon with Marcus Mariota.

Frost is a promising young coach. Chip Kelly is a Nick Saban or Steve Spurrier leaving the NFL. He's proven. He's a winner. He runs exactly the sort of offense and scheme that we desperately want. Chip Kelly is an innovator. Most of all, he adapts to his personnel. Nick Foles had one of the most efficient seasons of all time in the NFL running Chip's offense. I watched Nick Foles QB my team; he's not a starting QB in the NFL. To coax that out of him against NFL defenses was absolute mastery by Kelly.

Best of all, you better bet that Chip has learned things from working in the NFL. My personal opinion is that Chip was not a good fit in the NFL. I felt that way when he was winning in Philly. However, he's a perfect fit in college. More and more teams have taken what he did and incorporated that into their systems at the college level. And for those who actually believe that means Chip has been left behind, come on. The guy adapted his system successfully to the NFL (and NFL teams have taken a lot from his system). I have no doubt that he's still one of the best offensive minds in college football.

To put it bluntly, Chip Kelly is the best hire we can make (Bob Stoops is retired, so I'm not counting him). If Chip wants in, write him a blank check. He's a proven winner. You rarely find those sort of coaches available. Some people are afraid that Chip might bolt back to the NFL. Yes, that's a possibility. However, Chip was fired from both the 49ers and the Eagles. There's no guarantee that a NFL team wants to take another shot on him. Nonetheless, what I can guarantee is that if Chip Kelly gets another shot at the NFL, it's because he's been incredibly successful at UF.

Personally, I'm willing to look for another coach in 4-5 years if it means Chip Kelly jumped back to the NFL. Why? Because that likely means we averaged 11+ wins per year, won at least one NC, and have a squad that is stocked for the next guy. If the scariest part of this scenario is that we'd be so successful that our HC will get a promotion, that is a guy we need to hire RIGHT NOW.

• Agree x 16
    • Winner x 9
    • Like x 5
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Best Post Ever x 1
  15. G. Gordon Gator

May 3, 2017
  16. jdfmoc

jdfmoc Sophomore

Nov 24, 2013
    Botb uaa jets are in their respective hangar spots... I will check at work if any action also i am keeping an eye on the uaa so called back up fleet...

They have used several other jets in the past for various reasons mainly for secretive.. Random jet in ramp vs a florida gator jet sitting on the ramp

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. G. Gordon Gator

May 3, 2017
    You lay out a good case, Counselor. Forward your brief to AD Streakin and tell him to cut that check!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. toddaz

toddaz Junior

Oct 15, 2017
    Considering the dollar amounts and importance of this issue, there's no way this should be taking so long to iron out the last few details. Especially when considering the speed of communication these days.

If they don't get Kelly nailed down soon, assuming Frost is leaning away, then I say we just hire Wingtee and be done with it.

19. G. Gordon Gator

May 3, 2017
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. G. Gordon Gator

May 3, 2017
    Okay now I see how Strictlen was replying to Jason Ross, who had referenced the Foley part of the story in calling him out.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1