Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Update: Kelly buzz..."The Thread" Hall of Fame bound.

Discussion in 'GC Hall of Fame' started by tilly, Nov 10, 2017.

1. brianufl

brianufl Freshman

Dec 11, 2010
    Balls is downstairs. Grog House is upstairs...or at least it was.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. 31g8r

31g8r GC Hall of Fame

Oct 20, 2013

To build exactly what he wants in his vision

3. flwgator2

flwgator2 GC Legend

Feb 2, 2011
    You wonder why coaches like Gary Patterson, Mike Gundy, and Chris Peterson been at small schools for so long. Peterson turned down USC for Washington for the same thing. Not every coach wants to be a high pressure school like UF, Ohio State, USC and Bama. Kelly can go 9-3 every year at UCLA and he will be a god there. I won't hate on Stricklin if Kelly doesn't come here. It's all about the commitment to the school.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Trying to be honest throughout...It is my understanding that all meeting reports about UCLA were false...But that MAY have changed today. It should be mentioned that Chris Landry had the Mac thing right when others did not. And is very specific in listing names of people at this alleged UCLA meeting today.

While Lowe, Feldman and Forde were saying Mac was safe, Landry said the opposite:
    https://www.seccountry.com/florida/...es-weigh-possibility-florida-mcelwain-divorce

Doesn't mean I am changing the thread title, but It does bear mentioning. TIFWIW.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  5. cdngator411

cdngator411 All American

Oct 28, 2017
    Some of my fantasy team names are going to be named some ridiculous things if it falls thru and I lose my bet. But I got full faith that Stretch Sylvester has this under control.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. evermoresg

evermoresg All American

Sep 4, 2009
    RIP 29th Street
    Obviously you haven't been paying attention to our season

7. gatorfan17

gatorfan17 Freshman

Oct 29, 2017
    UCLA doesn’t have competitive facilities either. They only have partial practice fields.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Matthanuf06

Matthanuf06 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 13, 2007
    While true, by the time the baseball field gets moved and we build the facility we are talking like 4-5 years? Even if Kelly built us into a dynasty the most you can expect is 10 years.

But either way it’s a great point. We have to give Kelly full flexibility when it comes to designing the facility

9. Matthanuf06

Matthanuf06 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 13, 2007
    How important is the length of the field when everything else is totally modern and decked
    Out?

10. UFMBA14

UFMBA14 Premium Member

Oct 30, 2014
    My narrative? Or the narrative of literally ever reliable insider on here that doesn’t let their insight sway in the breeze of every random tweet and “report” that pops up from god knows where?

11. GatorBait42

GatorBait42 Junior

Apr 3, 2007
    Seeing what you are Tilly, and I'm not feeling as good and cozy as I was earlier today.

It appears this ride has taken a turn for the worst, and some insiders elsewhere who many have been relying on could look really really silly when this is all said and done.

I see people connected legitimately out in LA, people I trust, reporting this is near a done deal in wrong direction.

Strap in boys this is going to take a lot of stomach to get through, and may get a lot worse before it gets better

Go Gators

12. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Well, if he is still entertaining offers he can not be litigated by SF if he accepts a job next week.

13. gatornation81

gatornation81 Junior

Oct 22, 2010
    You just proved my point. You only want to hear UF insider takes. Tilley just posted about needing to consider a report you laughed off.

14. GatorTAG

GatorTAG Junior

Nov 9, 2017
    I once played on a flag football team called "Show us you TD's". :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. UFMBA14

UFMBA14 Premium Member

Oct 30, 2014
    Who should I listen to? Open to recommendations of reliable and reputable sources, as long as they’re both of those things.

16. GatorBait42

GatorBait42 Junior

Apr 3, 2007
    My hope is this a dog and pony show for the SF contract, but that entire thing never made sense to me. I wouldn't hang my hat on that.

17. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Daytona Beach
    I tell you right now guys. If Kelly or Frost wont come to UF is Taggart , Sumlin or Kiffin even in the mix? Mullen I think will be the UT Coach. I think Ole Miss Hangs on to Luke. I think Morris to Tamu, Malzone to Arky . Now the question is who goes to Auburn ? Petrino ? I think Strong stays at USF right now.

18. gatorfan17

gatorfan17 Freshman

Oct 29, 2017
    Lack of campus environment at the Rose Bowl, There is tons of restrictions on further development in Westwood, CA

Honestly, I don’t think UCLA would buy in to the Kelly Plan (nutrition, etc.)

Some of the other reasons are below.

Keep Calm,

CK has one choice, us. UCLA doesn’t have the funds to hire CK and make the facilities improvements that they desperately need and he would demand, especially with Jim Mora’s $12 Million buyout. UCLA’s athletic department has a $30 Million deficit compared to ours EVERY YEAR.

This will be announced on Saturday afternoon before the Iron Bowl or early Sunday Morning with a Monday Morning Press Conference.

UCLA doesn’t even have a full practice field.

Just think of how pissed CK would be if he had to have practice and simulate his no huddle offense on a field that is only 70 yards long with a team that is a second priority in LA.

UCLA isn’t a state flagship, doesn’t have a commitment to football and would view him as too brash/honest.

Right now CK is contacting potential assistants and plotting his takeover of the SEC.

Gator fans will love him, it will remind them of the SOS days when we were good and we knew it.

Prediction: Saban quits/retires by 2021 because he tired of CK scoring 40+ on him in the SEC Championship Game.

Sleep well everyone and have a Happy Thanksgiving

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. jdfmoc

jdfmoc Sophomore

Nov 24, 2013
    Lol if corral was excited about being coached by mac and nuss then he should feel like he won the lottery with kelly (if him)

I was referencing a recruit saying in sneider isn't retain or rump or bell then I'm going elsewhere...

Not saying who i think should be retained.. I was turning it around saying maybe the coach doesnt want u... Any offense of recruit should stay silent statically we cant get any worst so a new offensive staff should excite you (period)

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. 21

21 GC Hall of Fame

Aug 24, 2007
    Which job do you think Chip will choose when everything is said and done?