Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Update: Kelly buzz..."The Thread" Hall of Fame bound.

Discussion in 'GC Hall of Fame' started by tilly, Nov 10, 2017.

1. 3rdgengator

3rdgengator VIP Member

Dec 21, 2016
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. exiledgator

exiledgator Gruntled

Jan 5, 2010
    Maine
    Twitter: You've been warned!

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. GatorSko

GatorSko Junior

Sep 22, 2014
    sanford,fl
    Strickland better have big time assurances from Scott Frost if he Decides to pass up on Chip Kelly. We all know for a fact that Tennessee and A&M will pay him whatever he wants.

The worst case scenario is ... We pass up on Kelly, and frost decides last minute to go to Nebraska. He cannot allow that to happen.
    If we miss out on both.... We’ll be the laughingstock of college football. And there’s going to be hell to pay.

Strike now, sign Kelly, if Frost goes to Nebraska and he’s as good as we think, then we’ll see him in the playoffs in 2 to 3 years, and see who his best.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. gatorgrad92

gatorgrad92 All American

Nov 25, 2013
    FWIW, I read this in Grandpa Simpson's voice.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. hogtowngator

hogtowngator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I'm more referencing the comment that someone would "literally" crucify our AD. That would definitely be the lead on SportsCenter.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. LanceT

LanceT All American

Mar 20, 2013
    Ft. Campbell area
    When can we do the happy dance damnit
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  7. Sulla

Sulla VIP Member

Oct 28, 2012
    Oxford, MS
    If Stricklin is the guy I think he is and that tweet is accurate, I imagine he will try to get SOS onboard because the guy is a beloved legend here. And if the beloved legend won't budge, Stricklin will probably say, "Sorry bud, but this is the way it's going to be," and hire Kelly if that is truly what he thinks is best.

Stricklin is a smart guy about marketing and promotion and no doubt sees the importance in a happy Spurrier and what that means to the program. But I think he's also enough of a shark that if he truly thinks Kelly is best, he isn't going to let anyone influence him into whiffing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. atlantagator86

atlantagator86 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Clearwater, FL
    I'm not calling anybody out specifically, but I think people trying in any way to discredit Tilly, Trill or anybody else are WAY out of line and need to STFU!!!

This is a free message board. None of these guys are claiming to have direct insider information. All these guys are doing is passing along what they're hearing. They're doing it out of the goodness of their hearts and because they're as excited as the rest of us. And they're not asking anything in return, except for you to idolize them. ;) By all accounts, what they're posting is essentially consistent with the information people paying for "insider" information are getting.

Everything these guys post, or "insiders" for that matter, isn't going to be totally accurate and things can always change. It's all based on information, sometimes fragments, coming from different sources 2nd or 3rd party. It's not perfect but it's the only information weve got access to. Nothing should ever be considered "official" until there's a signed contract and official announcement. But that doesn't mean anybody is "wrong". At the time they posted the information, the people the information came from were probably led to believe that it was a done deal, and by all accounts it still is. But there are so many things that can change or hold things up in contract negotiations and I doubt anybody, including Stricklin and Kelly, know for sure exactly if/when the deal will be done.

Bottom line is that what Tilly, Trill and others are posting close to the best information out there. It may not go just how they say it will and there's even a possibility that it won't happen at all. But at this point, all signs are still pointing to Chip Kelly being our next head coach.

If you're one of those people who don't want to hear anything that's not guaranteed, you're looking in the wrong damn place if you're looking for answers on any website. You need to close your browser, turn off your computer, sit back and wait in front of your TV for the official press conference on ESPN.

So please do not try to discredit Tilly, Trill or any poster just because you don't like their information or it doesn't turn out to be 100% accurate or things have changed. If you don't like what they post, you don't have to read it.

• Agree x 4
    • Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Best Post Ever x 1
  9. LanceT

LanceT All American

Mar 20, 2013
    Ft. Campbell area
    We're all left in outer space here...
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. flat ronnie

flat ronnie All American

Oct 30, 2017
    If we pass on Chip it's a loss no matter if we get Frost. They are not equals. At least not yet.

We just had Jim Mcelwain coaching a dumpster inferno a month ago. Fast forward a few weeks and CHIP FREAKIN KELLY wants to coach the Florida Gators. That's like a dream.

If we pass up on this opportunity for Frost or Mullen or Strong or whomever, it is completely mind blowing...

• Agree Agree x 9
  11. rump74

rump74 GC Legend

Dec 18, 2009
    I read elsewhere that the Matt Corral to visit Bama wasn't true and supposedly MC discounted the visit on tweeter.?

As for SOS wanting Frost, booster wanting Strong and Slim Shady and CK wanting each other - it lines up. Cant remember if it was in this thread or another but there were reports of factions. Take into account what SOS said on the Martin show....
    I think its planned and SOS is running the smokescreen. CK will be the HC.
    I have no sources, but have read tons of poorly written thriller novels - Atlas Shrugged being the headpiece.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. flipdaddy5

flipdaddy5 All American

Jan 3, 2015
    So even though GC is currently broken, we are fast approaching 200, so I'm just here to help get there since I was here for 100.

13. kes

kes GC Hall of Fame

May 26, 2007
    DeLand, FL
    While I can't imagine sos being totally overlooked in this process while an available asset, I also can't imagine him having anything more than input either. Strock is calling the shots. You would ask his opinion in my opinion but do you have to be in unison? I don't suspect the AD has to make sure any one person agrees short of his boss.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. puntersarepeopletoo

puntersarepeopletoo All American

Oct 10, 2017
    I dont know how accurate the twitter report is on spurrier fucking with this hire potentially but imagine this dark timeline

Florida passes over Chip and hires Frost all because Steven wouldn't let Stricklin do his job.

UT hires Chip, again, this is a hypothetical I'm not getting into how realistic it is that Chip does or doesn't want to live in Knoxville.

Frost fails because he couldnt handle to jump from UCF to UF with his grand 2 years of experience.

UT becomes the powerhouse of the east over Georgia 3-4 years down the line.

Spurrier would basically become the most hated Gator ever because his opinion somehow held enough weight that he cost Florida a shot at Chip, who ended up at UT and turned them around instantly.

If what the reporter said was true, Steve, go play golf.

15. flat ronnie

flat ronnie All American

Oct 30, 2017
    You can call me out by name, its ok. I don' mean any disrespect towards them, just think it could be a bit irresponsible to post stuff like Ballgame and a clock counting down to zero when they know people on here look to them for accurate info.

That's all. Again, no disrespect meant.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. igabradley

igabradley GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Chattahoochee
    At the top of the page click your username. When you get to that page on the left hand side under setting is preferences, click that and you will get see the preferences click and dropdown will have the options.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. UrbanGator

UrbanGator GC Legend

Apr 3, 2007
    Maitland, Florida
    Who would leak it?
    Let’s see, Scott Stricklin had to go to the SEC office for approval. Maybe there is a rival there that might want this info out to hopefully derail the process. Chip Kelly has an agent, maybe somebody there wants to leak it to create a sense of urgency and drive the overall deal up? Maybe somebody connected with a big money booster wants to be known as
    The one in the know.

Probably all these, that is why we are hearing snippets of info, some with better detail than others.

18. rump74

rump74 GC Legend

Dec 18, 2009

• Like Like x 2
  19. G. Gordon Gator

G. Gordon Gator All American

May 3, 2017
    Agreed! Something ought to be done about those rapscallions. We can't bust heads like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to tell 'em stories that don't go anywhere - like the time I caught the ferry over to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe, so, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. Give me five bees for a quarter, you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah: the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones.

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. exiledgator

exiledgator Gruntled

Jan 5, 2010
    Maine
    Imagine if all the boobs in all the world never experienced gravity.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1