Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Update: Kelly buzz..."The Thread" Hall of Fame bound.

Discussion in 'GC Hall of Fame' started by tilly, Nov 10, 2017.

1. icequeen

icequeen GC Hall of Fame

May 21, 2013
    Buffalo, NY
    No he doesn't go. Bills fans waaay too rowdy and stuff could happen. He's 8.

We're from FL. His dad is a Fins fan :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Got it.

It is a shame a kid cant go to a game because of the misbehavior of fans. Maybe one day he will get to go. I imagine he would be thrilled. i remember my first game as a kid and how amazed I was at the crowd and how exciting it was.

I once saw a UF fan start to abuse an FSU fan at a game and told him to stop. As did any number of UF fans near me. His reasoning was that FSU fans had abused him the year before. I told him that I did not care what happened the year before. it was not going to happen that day and i would get a police officer if he continued. I was very proud of all the UF fans who supported me.

I have other stories too. I blame Chip Kelly, but only to be on topic.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ApexNC

ApexNC GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    NC
    Believe it or not, there have been home games between the Carolina Hurricanes and Buffalo that I've been afraid to take the family to in Raleigh due to the stories I've heard about the Buffalo fans. They are just nasty

• Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  4. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    I live in Miami which is a division rival of Buffalo. I have seen it. But, they usually get drunk and dehydrate quickly here

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Tampa, FL
    Happy Saturday night everyone! The rum is tasting good tonight. Cheers!

IMG_0591.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  6. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    If they only knew..... they would rule the world.

7. icequeen

icequeen GC Hall of Fame

May 21, 2013
    Buffalo, NY
    They're awful. Not to mention the stadium is actually in Orchard Park so it's about 30 min each way, plus parking, etc. Just not a good place. Besides every time he goes by any stadium up here, he's all like "meh...Florida's bigger."

That boy's a Gator. If he could manage it he'd play football, baseball & basketball at UF.

Only reason he says he'd consider Oregon is because his favorite color is yellow and he likes their cheerleaders. LOL

• Like Like x 1
  8. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    sounds like he misses Fla. does he watch the Dolphins w his dad or you on Sunday Ticket?

9. fierygator

fierygator GC Legend

Oct 13, 2010
    Apex, NC
    I won’t vouch either way for “yellow” but the boy has some smarts in all the other areas you describe.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. icequeen

icequeen GC Hall of Fame

May 21, 2013
    Buffalo, NY
    No Sunday ticket. And he was actually born up here. Our daughter was 8 wks old when we moved up here. Both Gators (though she'll stay local...can't afford out of state UF)...we just raised 'em right ;)

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I looked for this thread this morning and was appalled to find that it had been allowed to fall off the first page. Then I realized that I was at Too Hot.

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. icequeen

icequeen GC Hall of Fame

May 21, 2013
    Buffalo, NY
    Coffee is your friend ;)

Loooooved seeing Helen Hunt just tank last night. Can't wait to see CK realize he doesn't have the firepower & cut & run. Give him 3 years tops before he runs off.

• Like Like x 2
  13. cocodrilo

Apr 8, 2007
    I know. It hadn't brewed yet. I wondered why I kept seeing the word Trump in so many of the thread titles.

CK? Oh, you mean Chip Kelly. Why bring him up here?

• Funny Funny x 3
  14. oldgatorman

oldgatorman GC Legend

Oct 20, 2014
    Since the ice is broken, I saw a short squib where Scott Frost was being interviewed. He said he thought he could finish the season and then have some time to think about it (what he wanted to do) but, he said, it doesn't work that way. It has its own time schedule.

I wondered if he was thinking about his opportunity to coach at U of F, which he put off and lost. I think he was, but of course I don't have anything to base that on other than his words from which I thought I detected a bit of melancholy. It made me remember he is a real novice in the world of head coaching. If he was thinking about us, then I am sure he is wiser now. He put us off (I am going to concentrate on my team) and then saw almost immediately that Mullen had been hired.

Or, it may be that he was always set to go to Nebraska and nothing else mattered. It is a matter of casual interest since we got a great coach in my opinion, but it is interesting to me how it came about.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. cocodrilo

Apr 8, 2007
    All I know is that Scott needs to shave.

16. mocgator

mocgator VIP Member

Apr 10, 2007
    The ATL
    the Kelly thread is dead...

Long live the Kelly thread.

• Funny Funny x 3
  17. icequeen

icequeen GC Hall of Fame

May 21, 2013
    Buffalo, NY
    That which is dead may never die.

18. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    The Undead. It will be interesting to see how Frost and Fisher leaving affects Mullen's (not Kelly's) ability to recruit.

• Like Like x 1
  19. biggynugs

biggynugs All American

Apr 3, 2007
    Orlando, fl
    Think we can get to 2000 pages with this thing?? I do have to admit I am going crazy logging onto Gator country every 7 minutes only to find 1 to no updates on existing threads.
    I hate to admit this, but we may have to fire Mullen so we can go back into coach search mode. Im having a hard time coming out of 5th gear.

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. icequeen

icequeen GC Hall of Fame

May 21, 2013
    Buffalo, NY
    My son's a happy camper. Bills got crushed and the Fins won :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 2