Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Update: Kelly buzz..."The Thread" Hall of Fame bound.

Discussion in 'GC Hall of Fame' started by tilly, Nov 10, 2017.

1. gatorgrl

gatorgrl GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Jacksonville
    Because NE has cornfields. When you have nothing but cornfields and blizzards, you go watch your team win or lose. We have beaches and sun. Duh.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Matthanuf06

Matthanuf06 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 13, 2007
    He should get total control. Anything else and we weren’t really serious to begin with

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  3. Gator72211

Gator72211 GC Legend

Jun 10, 2015
    Don’t let the door hit ya where SOS split ya. ;)

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. BenTrillGriffin

BenTrillGriffin All American

Oct 7, 2012
    Orlando
    I agree with you there, he can get those same speedy 3 stars he's getting at UCF is what I meant.

I should have been clear in what I was saying, all he cares about is speed.

5. propagator

propagator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    DONT
    Don’t remember hearing / reading Frost was a no.
    Would be a real kick in the crotch if true​

6. arkiegator

arkiegator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    [​IMG] Just say hello to Coach Charlie Strong!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Matthanuf06

Matthanuf06 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 13, 2007
    Oh god. If it comes out that the UAA demanded Kelly retain any member of the staff the entire UAA should be fired immediately. That would be beyond incompetent

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Tampa, FL
    So you're saying UCLA will have given him a better deal...i.e. more $$$ all the way around. I personally will be surprised if this ultimately came down to $$$.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    It depends. He might be asking for something that has no precedent, even at other schools. We don't know. I have to trust our UAA to look out for UF's interests more than I would Chip Kelly and his agents.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. freedomgator

freedomgator GC Hall of Fame

Mar 26, 2017
    Who said we were being coy or cheap? Maybe Kelly is being ridiculous here. We don't know.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. GatorDad63

GatorDad63 GC Legend

Dec 15, 2010
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. inmacwetrust

inmacwetrust Junior

Oct 3, 2015
    I'm gonna receive that punt and return with this...

Sell your soul? I disagree. Respectfully.

The University of Florida having posture is VERY important to our university, brand and program in moving forward.

Anything else would look cowardly, and that's not the University of Florida. :cool:

13. CitRain12

CitRain12 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    If we miss on frost and Kelly the entire administration should be sent packing. We've had a month's head start and we've been beaten to the punch by a middle tier Pac 12 and possibly big 10 teams.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  14. antny

antny GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007
    Only they have and will for even smaller schools. Not all kids are the same. In this day and age of 24hour coverage and television for nearly every game a players fit into a scheme is bigger than school name or tradition. I know ans have known plenty of kids recruited over the years

15. vaxcardinal

vaxcardinal GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Groundskeeper will not allow it

16. 1oldgator

1oldgator All American

Sep 14, 2014
    There has to be a final offer, you can not be held hostage in a negotiation. i honestly wonder with some of the "give him anything he wants" post if some of you have even bought your first car yet.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. crl

crl GC Legend

Nov 8, 2008
    And neither has a QB that will be playing in the NFL. That's for sure.

18. 08Gatorbait

08Gatorbait Junior

Nov 27, 2013
    Tampa
    NFL proves college success? Great logic. I'll go tell Spurrier and Saban. He was at USC under probation and did well till the numbers added up. Had 3/4 a roster vs Luck and Harbaugh and Kelly at Oregon. Hard fight. Add in he was insanely young. To young. He is older, and his upside is absurdly high. One of the best offensive minds in football college or pros. Insanely good recruiter. Yes. His upside is higher than anyone but Frost we are looking at. Without question. Hands down. HIs downside is also the largest because of his personality.

Taggart has potential? With what recruiting? He can build, but the coaching part he is at best average. He is a good recruiter, and program developer. We don't need a developer. We need an X and O mastermind. He clearly isn't one. Simple as that. Proof is in his paultry record.

Miles is insane, we want offense..remember?

Mullen I am behind but his wife hates us. Happy wife, happy life. So not happening. HIs work at Miss State is down right incredible for how bad a program it was. He is easily the best coach of their programs history. Recruiting is a bit concerning but that's what assistant coaches are for.

Strong I agree. NO.

Gundy has a massive buy out and is at his alma mater.

Norvell is a middle yes or no. He could be very good, he could be very average. He has basically held steady with what Fuente created. Seeing him get beat down by Frost leaves a bad taste. Add in Arkansas and Tenn seem more likely for him pending Arky not taking Gus.

Now one interesting one is Sumlin. His success at Texas A&M was better than they have had in quite awhile. Some concerns but, maybe he just took that program as far as it can go? It's not exactly as elite as the Aggie fans believe it to be. I think I could actually be behind that hire, pending a strong DC.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland