Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

(SB) UF vs Stetson April 4, 2024 6 PM

Discussion in 'GatorGrowl's Diamond Gators' started by MCB51, Apr 4, 2024.

1. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Oxley was Florida Gatorade Player of the Year as a junior and is likely to repeat as a senior.

JMO, no UF doesn't have to go to the portal to get a pitcher for 2025. I watched Kelly Maxwell on YouTube last night from early in the season when Oklahoma came back to beat Washington 4-3. Other than collegiate experience that Rothrock and Brown are getting on the job as freshmen, I didn't see a pitcher any better than our freshman tandem.

My question I asked a few days ago on Oxley that hasn't been answered is will she be a 2-way player like Ava Brown as her offensive stats are good enough to get her on the field? I don't know her fielding percentage or position she plays when she isn't pitching.

Olivia Miller is talented and needs work. UF likely will need her this season, so she needs to get some work.

Looking ahead to 2025, UF will have 4 pitchers on the roster. One would think that is enough to get the job done at the highest levels of softball.

2. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I agree, but how are you going to get a quality 5th arm to come in and ride the bench. If anything, maybe a senior transfer with experience who can pitch in case of an injury, basically a one season rent-a-player who would like to finish her career with UF.

3. johnny_cakes

johnny_cakes GC Hall of Fame

Apr 2, 2017
    KSP Stadium
    Of the small parks we go to, it is by far the best. I don't know about the field conditions (CTW didn't put me in) but it has great sight lines for the fans. Most of all, smaller ball parks often have the walkways BETWEEN the fans and the field, which is a constant obstruction. Patricia Wilson Field has them BEHIND the fans, where they should be (like KSP).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1