Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

(SB) UF vs Indiana March 16, 2024 2:30 pm SECN +

Discussion in 'GatorGrowl's Diamond Gators' started by MCB51, Mar 16, 2024.

1. johnny_cakes

johnny_cakes GC Hall of Fame

Apr 2, 2017
    KSP Stadium
    I think the photos may have been transferred.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. sweetpotato2

sweetpotato2 GC Legend

May 5, 2023
    I watched the replay. call on the field was a HBP. Tim asked for a review after the review the call on the field stood. Tim talked to the umpires again and the umpires had a meeting ( with out the replay). the call was over turned because HP umpire technically didn't signal a HBP.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  3. johnny_cakes

Apr 2, 2017
    KSP Stadium
    This is so confusing!

The lack of a hand gesture negates what the umpire actually called verbally? If that's the rule, it makes no sense.

4. sweetpotato2

sweetpotato2 GC Legend

May 5, 2023
    exactly. Even Kyle was confused about it. Now that I watched the game I think we got away with it.

5. sandman70

sandman70 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bruder only had 45ab she spent almost all her time on the bench. Williams is a starter hitting .122.

6. johnny_cakes

Apr 2, 2017
    KSP Stadium
    Not to beat a dead horse, but were you able to actually see that it was Walton's challenge? Everyone in the stadium (and probably TV commentators) thought it was because the runner went to 1B.

Everything makes sense if it was an IU challenge of no HBP, but rather than wait at the plate, the runner went to 1B.

After review, it was announced to the crowd that the call stood. CTW then ran out to confer with the umps when the runner didn't return from 1B. Then that old guy ump said there was no HBP call by the home plate ump and the runner returned.

This whole think piqued my curiosity at the game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. sweetpotato2

sweetpotato2 GC Legend

May 5, 2023
    Sorry. I can’t really explain it. But here’s the game if you want to watch it.

8. johnny_cakes

Apr 2, 2017
    KSP Stadium
    It appears to be an umpire review, which makes sense with the subsequent statements by the umpires.

The call at the plate, NOT HIT BY PITCH, was upheld after review.

CTW would not have challenged a "not hit by pitch" call. IU was out of challenges. The three umps are seen getting together apparently because the IU runner went to first, and it seems to be an umpire initiated challenge.

What is uncontroverted is that the process took almost 10 minutes via the time stamps on the YouTube. That is unacceptable.

And this horse is officially dead and can be buried!!

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Hall of Fame

Feb 22, 2017
    Oh, just kick it a few more times. You know you want to. :emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1