Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Twitter Updates 2024

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by bobbybaker86, Jan 1, 2023.

1. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    My thoughts EXACTLY!!!! This schedule isn’t as daunting as some are making it out to be. When I say, I mean I believe we have the talent to win 7+ games

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. zman-1

zman-1 GC Legend

Mar 5, 2017
    West of the equator
    Did this ship sail or are we still in the thick of it?

4. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    Miami bound bruh buuuuut I know UF can and WILL still be in it till the end.

Even if he surprised and committed to UF, I wouldn’t/won’t feel his pledge is solid.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. garettk

garettk GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2008
    Mayo, FL
    God I love college sports

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    The only thing he has wrong is that #17 has already occurred.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. bogator

bogator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Fort Myers
    The one on the bottom makes my stomach turn for some reason

• Funny Funny x 5
  9. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    I appreciate Cole pumping the Gators. While many of you are expressing "well the schedule may not be that tough",
    I suspect most fans and pundits don't really start to get the "feel" for how good teams are until week 3 or 4.

What is undeniably true is we face a number of pre-season high ranking programs - UGA and TX being the
    highest thought of.

I don't think anyone doubts those two are the most daunting teams on the schedule.

The second tier: Ole Miss, FSU, LSU, Tamu.

Of these 4 teams, Ole Miss seems to be the darling of the preseason prognostication crowd.
    Loaded up on the transfer portal (although they have recently had a spate of defections).
    Tamu - new coach, new system.
    FSU - new QB. Will the defense be as good?
    LSU - new QB, terrible defense like UF last year.
    \

The third tier: Miami, UCF, MSU.
    Why is Miami down here? Well, yes, much like UF, they had a good recruiting and transfer portal off season, but
    they have been barely above .500 in the "ACC". I'm going like the good folks at Mizzou - SHOW ME.
    UCF - They have a pulse, but this must be a win, in the Swamp. Losing this one would be as bad or worse than losing to Miami.
    MSU - The cowbells will be ringing, can UF win a road game?

Dead lock synch: Samford
    Well, hopefully the defense shows up against them this time.

This post proves nothing, but it will be an awful entertaining season, in terms of matchups.
    I will stick with many and suggest Miami is crucially important. Whomever loses this contest
    will have a firestorm of criticism, I am not sure either team can afford to lose this game and expect to keep their current coach by seasons end.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2024 at 2:18 PM
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    I’m not sure what to make of the schedule. We could have two top 10 teams or six top 10 teams on our schedule.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    In the event, Miami and Florida are extremely well coached and play perfect games, somebody still have to lose

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    Somebody said look for him to transfer to UGA

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  13. kryptonite

kryptonite GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2008
    There you go pissing off Kentucky again. Thanks.

• Funny Funny x 3
  14. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Sounds like subterfuge for other schools to ingest.

Budget amounts can and do change and there is no NIL limit to how much money an NIL can be worth.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2024 at 12:43 AM
  15. r0r080

r0r080 Senior

Jul 31, 2019
    Florida had the talent last year to win 7 to 8 games, but the folks responsible with putting a viable product on the field weren't able to make that a reality. So here we are a couple of months away from Florida's 1st contest against Miami, attempting to put a honest perspective on possible win total for next this coming season. Without getting into a potential win total for next season, I believe the real debate we should be having is will the Florida staff finally put a viable product on the field this season? I believe we are already seeing manifestations of negative recruiting with the 2025 class - (8 recruits so far, of which 6 are 3*s), yes ESD is still 5 months and 2 days away..... so much can still happen between now and then. Imagine another season like this past season whether it be win total or a poor product on the field, can Napiers job and his perceived job security endure another season like that? Where would that leave recruiting, particularly if the administration waits until the end of the season to act?

The contest against Miami will set the tone for the entire season. A loss to Miami, in my mind puts Napier in a must win situation for all of the next 4 games. Anything less than that to me puts the administration in position to have to act! The eternal optimist in me sees potential, but I also have to admit a measure of doubt is weighing heavier on me than it would normally at the beginning of the season.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    There is much to be proven...no question about that. But IMO the powers that be understand and agree with the process Napier has envisioned, and that is/was clearly a total rebuild from the ground up. Certainly some bumps along the way.....NIL/portal changing the game, some staff issues,etc. Support from the people that matter won't stop the noise, that is abundantly clear. So it is important hat the team make strides this season, to me it's important they "look" like a team that compete with almost anyone. How that translates to wins and losses is hard to say until we see how everyone stacks up.
    FYI, just a quick glimpse at Rivals has 6 of our 8 commitments as 4 stars and one of the 2 remaining is a kicker. I think the quality thus far is very good.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Our biggest obstacle to achieving success is impatience

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. 4RoswellGators

4RoswellGators GC Legend

Apr 3, 2007
    Perfect analysis summed up in eight words.

Unless there is a disaster AND a HOF coach wants to coach at UF, I see no benefit to making a change at the end of the season. Our roster will be gutted b/c of the portal and we will enter rebuild #4?, 5?, 6? (what number are we on?). In addition, there are no guarantees that the next guy will have all of the answers. It isn't worth it.

Examples of disasters:
    Losing to Samford
    Severe ethics violations

I think @apkgator is right when he stated "IMO the powers that be understand and agree with the process Napier has envisioned, and that is/was clearly a total rebuild from the ground up."

Those people have access to everything this staff is doing and have a lot invested in Billy.

It really doesn't matter b/c we're winning eight MF games! (assuming the DL can put some pressure on the damn QB). :cool:

• Like Like x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
  19. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Can't help but think "we have to beat miami"

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    It may be daunting. But we, our staff, has to be better this year. Most likely will be.

• Winner Winner x 1