Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Twitter Updates 2024

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by bobbybaker86, Jan 1, 2023.

1. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

You make it sound like “the universities” are taking all this money generated by the poor football players and stuffing their pockets. In reality, most university athletic departments operate in the red after paying for virtually every other sport provided to the students by the university, including dozens of Title 9 programs.

While it’s true the coaches’ salaries are ridiculous, it simply comes down to a value scale. A great coach is worth more to the university than a great player. A lot more. Name all the great quarterbacks who passed through Bama -come & gone every 2-3 years, while there was one constant: the ridiculously overpaid Nick Saban, and the zillions of Dollars that dude generated for the institution and all its activities and programs feeding off the big football teat.

Yes some coaches underperform and are generally run off with stupid buyouts, but that’s the cost of doing business in this world where entertainment trumps everything else. It’s a high-risk business and not all investments pan out.

The players aren’t being taken advantage of — without the program and its exorbitant costs of operation, there would be no sport in which the kid can demonstrate his value to the MFL — in hopes of becoming another ridiculously overpaid entertainer. Can you see the irony?

If you want to talk stupid, it’s these kids who cast their entire lot into a career path with less than a 2% chance of success, all the while thumbing their noses at the “free” education and “free” world- class facilities and talent designed to equip them for a successful and meaningful career that will support them and their future families for 3 to 4+ decades. Instead, 98% of them fail to reach the gold ring and many unfortunately end up broke and blaming the system for taking advantage of them. SMH

Last edited: Jun 21, 2024
    • Like x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Best Post Ever x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  2. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    Wow...seems like a keeper, huh! :eek::eek:

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Hall of Fame

Feb 22, 2017
    Looks like it’s what made him lock her down. Sounds like they were not exclusive when she did this.

4. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    She has been beset with health issues if I understand correctly. Why in the world she would make this public is beyond me.
    Maybe her and Matt are swingers? Well she announced it to the world. Thats the path to wealth and social media glory these days.
    Revealing ones "inner scumbag".

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Gatorhead

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    That may be true, but why reveal that to the public other than dumbass attention seeking? I would be furious if I was Matt.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. paidinfull

Feb 22, 2017
    Listen to it again. Sounds like this was at the very beginning of their dating, and he was still messing with other girls. She wanted more attention from him and she got it.

• Informative Informative x 3
  7. paidinfull

Feb 22, 2017
    It’s a dumb podcast. I’m guessing it’s not a big deal to them at this stage in their lives. Me and my wife have definitely joked about things we did when we first started dating to get more attention, including both of us still having pretty good relationships with our ex’s. When we decided to move forward together, we left the past in the past and it’s nothing more than something to joke about nowadays.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Gatorhead

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia

She may get a little more attention from Matt over this....lol

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    Is Matt still with LA? Maybe she's trying to qualify for the Real (trashy) Housewives of Beverly Hills. :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. paidinfull

Feb 22, 2017
    She doesn’t actually say she slept with the guy either like the header implies. Just that she dated a guy that lived in the same dorm. He was still dating other girls at the time too. It would not bother me if my wife said something similar in public. I’m aware of what went on when we were dating. At the end of the day I won the prize.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. danmanne65

danmanne65 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 2, 2022
    DeLand
    There is an article on npr about the future of relationships. Seemed a little sensational but monogamous relationships seem to be on the wane.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

World class bitch

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. believer

believer GC Hall of Fame

Jun 2, 2007
    Makes me happy I found my wife. I can’t tolerate those kinds of games.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. paidinfull

Feb 22, 2017
    I don’t think she was saying they aren’t monogamous, lol. I don’t know if they are or aren’t. I certainly wasn’t implying that about my relationship, just that I’m comfortable joking about things that happened prior to us fully committing to each other.

15. danmanne65

danmanne65 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 2, 2022
    DeLand
    Well the article seemed to imply that relationships go thru phases and strict monogamy seems to be less important.

16. Gatorhead

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia

Quite a while ago I read somewhere that someone did a survey of married couples and the % of "out of wedlock trysts" is pretty high, for male and female, over the
    course of a marriage.

17. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    They practicing already for 25

18. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    We a bunch of hoes. I’m glad I got that out of my system.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  19. akaijenkins1

akaijenkins1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Tim Tebow brought FAR more wealth to the University of Florida than the University of Florida brought to Tim Tebow.

I wanted to use Tim to underline the point here: that kid made this university a BOATLOAD of money at a time when he could only accept room, board and tuition. If present conditions were the conditions then, he would also have that boatload of money, an obscene amount of money.

And he deserved to. Because if you place Tim Tebow the player on any other team that value travels with him.

UF without Tebow has the football generating value... it does now. Right now in this moment.

The dog whistles in this post are INSANE. The fact that the others in here are co-signing is... wow.

I think my time on this site is at its end.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  20. paidinfull

Feb 22, 2017

Room, board, tuition, books, tutors, clothes, pocket change, top notch training, top notch nutrition, top notch education, a place to showcase skills for the next level, etc, etc, etc. These guys have been given a lot more than three hots and a cot for a long, long time.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1