Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Twitter Updates 2024

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by bobbybaker86, Jan 1, 2023.

1. spike718

spike718 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    the packers “shares” is totally nothing but a piece of paper for a donation. It is technically worthless. Though it does get you invited to a meeting at Lambeau with 50,000 others.

share selling for the packers - (I am not a shareholder but I am a season ticket holder) is just a way to raise funds. You get nothing out of it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. spike718

spike718 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    from what I’ve read Cane dans didn’t want him back. Think he takes up space. There is a reason no stats are included in bus story- started 11 games and had 8 catches. Their fans would prefer he leaves to open up a scholarship.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Less Tv revenue and less fans in seats is coming if they don’t get their shit together. Big boosters may get fed up too. Try putting that cat back in the bag. They keep screwing the fans and boosters and it could bite them in the ass.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    So they don’t actually own shares if the team was sold?

5. tommyvee

tommyvee GC Hall of Fame

May 16, 2007
    Is he on scholarship? I would think he’d be processed out if he hasn’t found a way to be productive his first 8 years on campus.

6. ufmc84

ufmc84 All American

Aug 13, 2017
    Right. That’s my point though, it’s a better fund raising tactic than what is currently circulating at Florida, “if we suck it’s your fault for not pitching in.” It’s effective even if it’s purely symbolic, but maybe I’m underestimating koozies.

• Like Like x 2
  7. tarponbro

tarponbro All American

Feb 10, 2016
    Jacksonville, Fl.
    I don't need them to win. I want them to win and at a very high level. It gives me a little sense of pride when our football and/or basketball team is one of the best in the country and it gives me pride in UF when our university is one of the best in the country overall in both academics and athletics. You don't have to donate 10% of your salary. If you donate $25 per month or even $15 per month it can make a difference if enough people do this. I have invested a few thousand dollars in a very small business and have a loan to pay off so I'm not committing to donating much right now, not even on a monthly basis. In a few months I'll know much better how much I can donate.

8. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    • Like Like x 2
  9. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2013
    Pretty sure he wanted to play on the same team as his son this season before he retires so he stuck around one more year.o_O:D

• Funny Funny x 13
    • Like Like x 1
  10. gator_n_sc

Oct 8, 2013
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Did you sign the check?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. gator_n_sc

Oct 8, 2013
    No I was at the same table as Mrs. Grimsley and Mrs. Robinson while we were playing at the local Bingo hall yesterday they both LOVE UF and they gave me that "Wink, wink, nudge, nudge" when I tried to press them on the issue

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Show her a good time?

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. spike718

spike718 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Correct. They are not real shares of a stock in anything. Simply a donation to get a piece of (worthless) paper. You can resell them like a comic book /collectors item but they have no actual monetary value.

here is an article from 2021 that explains better…

“It’s a huge day if you like giving away money to a billion dollar organization and getting nothing in return. That’s right folks, your chance to become an “owner” of the Green Bay Packers is here!

On Tuesday the Packers opened up shares of their “common stock” for the first time in 10 years. It gives anyone the chance to say they’re part owner of an NFL team for the low, low price of $300. Alternatively, you could just lie about it and tell people you part own an NFL team, because you’re pretty much getting the same thing out of it.

So, what does that $300 get you? What can you expect as a part owner of one of the proudest teams in NFL history? Nothing at all! It doesn’t matter if NFL profits soar, or if the Packers become the most valuable sports franchise in the world — the team is very quick to tell you that you won’t make anything. Heck, it’s right there on the landing page.

[​IMG]
    So, by the Packers own admission, the “stock” isn’t stock. The only way you can call it stock is if you ignore the common sense meaning of the term stock. Get it? Dig a little further in and they make it clear that you can’t sell, trade, or transfer your stock to anyone — except an immediate family member in the event of a death. So, once again, not a stock.

Surely you must get some really sweet deals for being a shareholder, right? Hell no you don’t! Do you think this is some sort of utopian co-op? That’s commie trash. You don’t get tickets, don’t get the rights to any preferential seating, you don’t get a say on any hirings or the football direction of the team.

You DO however get the right to vote on who makes up the board, from a pre-approved list of people sent to shareholders. Also a certificate, because who doesn’t like a good certificate? Also, there’s a $35 additional handling fee for the certificate. You didn’t think your $300 investment would actually get you the certificate, right?

Maybe you really like the idea of voting on who makes up the board. It makes you feel in power. Well, it sure as shit shouldn’t, because there are 501,000 shares currently owned, with another 300,000 being made in this offering. So, your $300 will give you the voting power of 0.000125 percent — and you can keep getting diluted forever, because the available float the Packers can change whenever they feel like it, wee!

Don’t get too discouraged though. If you decide voting and keeping up with the Packers is just too much, you can always just ignore their messages and not vote. Then after five years the team can revoke your share and pay you the handsome sum of $0.025. Who knows what two cents will look like in the future? That’s fun to imagine, right?!

The new float will raise $90 million for the Packers, with plans to make further renovations to the stadium. In the 2011 float the funds were used to make improvements to Lambeau Field as well, presumably without raising ticket prices. Joke’s on you for believing that, because despite getting fans to pay for stadium improvements by calling them “owners” the team still took taxpayer money, and will keep taking it until 2031!

As for ticket prices, surely raising all this money multiple times in team history was a brilliant way to pay it forward. A wonderful world where those who could afford shares offset the cost of rising ticket prices for families. That had to have happened, right? Hell no! Ticket prices have soared over the last decade, and now the Packers have the fourth most expensive tickets in the entire NFL!

So don’t miss your opportunity today to become an owner of the Green Bay Packers. The only investment I can think of worse than spending $300 on a share of the Packers, is spending $250 on this vintage 1992 Flowbee, which was a vacuum that cuts your hair. Actually, scratch that, the Flowbee will save you money on haircuts with every single use. A couple of years and it pays for itself. The Packers stock will never pay for itself, you just get to brag about being one of 800,000 other rubes. But at least you get a cool certificate.”

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  15. MarineG8R

MarineG8R GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. xenythx

xenythx GC Hall of Fame

Jul 20, 2007
    If we get Grimsley, Robinson, and one more surprise, our 2024 recruiting class starts looking damn good again.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. gator_n_sc

Oct 8, 2013
    Woo-hoo, top 5 class is back on again!!!!!!

(jk)

• Funny Funny x 4
  18. gator_n_sc

Oct 8, 2013
    Who you think i am hitting on recruits mommas like that @bobbybaker86 ?

But I mean if you call letting her use my bingo marker because hers wasn't working, showing her a good time, then you betcha.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Get er Bobby

20. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    Spike - The Packers stock is no different than the booster fee the Gator fan pays for the privilege of paying full price for your season football tickets and seats. You may get priority to pay for other full price Bowl or away game tickets but these is about it.