Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Twitter Updates 2024

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by bobbybaker86, Jan 1, 2023.

1. spike718

spike718 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    That rumor is a d line coach on the Jags I believe

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland
    Soon enough they will all be directed by agents.

3. kryptonite

kryptonite GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2008
    I'm taking into consideration 2021 through 2023. With Brooks you have to consider not just catches and yards because those are a given at Bama, but also look at targets/drops. He has had a handle problem, and we can't have that in our possession style offense.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    Some of what you’re saying I agree with, but in the specific position we are in, we are not like other schools and can’t afford to miss on solid recruits, especially guys that could come in and help immediately like Juco or portal kids.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. shane4three

Dec 24, 2014
    he has lots of talent, and we simply cannot be this picky. Expecting as we have in the past to grab a number two receiver in March, April, or May makes no sense at this point, as we’ve tried to do that in the past and not done so well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. AustinGator1

AustinGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Just a couple of thoughts...

Those of you freaking out and whining the sky is falling because we have not loaded up on portal kids and we don't have all our coaches yet.....Please, please, please for the love of God step back from your computer and stop posting. I can't laugh anymore at your uninformed posts, my sides are in serious pain at your horrible attempts to critisize the program.

I know you have probably stopped reading at this point because you always stop reading when someone tries to provide a dose of reality to you but just to repeat what has been said on this thread a hundred times and makes perfect sense.....

Missing out on portal kids from Penn and Yale etc that you keep whining about is good. I would hate to be that desperate to think Ivy League programs are going to help. There are going to be a ton of kids over the next week or so declaring for the portal as their bowl games get played. Those are going to be much higher quality players for our team and I am very confident Nappier and staff are well aware of that and have been doing their homework regarding potential targets. We will get some portal players but not alot as we have to fit under 85 and there simply are not enough spots available for them. You know why??? We did not lose as many players as was originally expected, we did not have that many that graduated out and we have a pretty darn good recruiting class coming in that will be taking most of the spots.

As for the coaching spots, the only coaches getting hired right now are from programs that are not in a bowl game or that got blown up (A&M etc). Once again after teams play their bowls over the next week you will see more coaches being hired not just by us but by other programs. The same goes for NFL coaches being available. The only reason we got Harris is because that staff got blown up. Harris knew it was coming. From what I have seen of him he was much better in College than the NFL. I look forward to seeing him get back to the level he was in college previously.

Please understand, I am not asking you to stop posting your doom and gloom, sky is falling, program is failing posts because they are truly entertaining for no small part because you actually believe the drivel you are posting. That is what makes them so funny. What I am asking is you please hold off for a couple of days so my sides can recover...Please do a solid for this Gator. I thank you in advance.

• Like Like x 8
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland
    Talent alone does not make a Gator. We absolutely have to be picky. You're entitled to your weak opinions but you don't have to post them.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  8. shane4three

Dec 24, 2014
    No, but urgency sure does help.
    Data doesn’t lie. 11-14 is not an opinion, It is fact.

If nothing changes, nothing changes.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  9. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Then you complain he is in panic mode and not being diligent.
    Everyone wants instant results and to see something happen....but you can't always get what you want

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  11. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    You mean like grabbing Pearsall?

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland
    I'm glad our coach is not panicking.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  13. freedomgator

freedomgator GC Hall of Fame

Mar 26, 2017
    I'm usually anti wall of text but...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. thegatorvault

thegatorvault All American

Jan 11, 2015
    Me too. If you remember the same thing happened last year with the portal. People with constant panic posts at every portal kid at a perceived position of need that didn’t come our way. Lots of them even bashed CBN for grabbing Mertz but at least they shut up about that.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Seems there’s some correlation between chasing cash and failing. We all need the cash but working hard and getting better should be top priority. I think many of the washout kids are just use to getting by on talent but it’s still hard work that pays off.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland
    Probably akin to morons liking shiny objects.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. LS1

LS1 All American

Sep 9, 2015
    Marysville, OH
    So we should have hired the first available DL coach just so we can get a visit from some portal kid you've never even heard of?

• Like x 4
    • Funny x 3
    • Winner x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  18. LS1

LS1 All American

Sep 9, 2015
    Marysville, OH
    The kid had 7 sacks at Butler COMMUNITY COLLEGE. But supposedly he won't visit until we hire a position coach? LOL. But yeah I guess we should all be losing sleep over a portal kid who wouldn't even make our two deep.

I know some of us like to be doom and gloom all the time, but let's try and keep things in perspective here.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 2
  19. WC53

WC53 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2015
    Old City
    This brings up a good point on the timing of ESD and portal opening. It all needs to be after the bowls are finished, or coaches leave mid season.

I guess it doesn’t affect programs with stable high quality staffs as much, but, too many variables in play at once.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland
    Most agree the calendar is fooked and many coaches at all levels have spoken out about it.

Maybe another thing the new pro CFB league will be able to fix.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1