Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Twitter Updates 2024

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by bobbybaker86, Jan 1, 2023.

1. eastowest

eastowest GC Hall of Fame

May 13, 2007
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Hall of Fame

Feb 22, 2017
    There’s different levels for me too. Guys that gave us three or four years of hard work, but had been clearly passed up and were not going to see the field, I’ll wish the best of luck. Guys that saw significant pt as a true freshman, and quasi threatened to leave after that. Then received damn near an equal split at a position that’s currently run by committee in their sophomore year and then left after that? Meh.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2023
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. garettk

garettk GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2008
    Mayo, FL
    It takes a lot nowadays to get me to lol. That did it.

• Funny Funny x 4
  4. Gatorborn

Gatorborn GC Legend

Jul 11, 2014
    South Carolina
    AR is on the shelf right now because Indy has fake turf so bad the league has ordered the Colts to replace it before next season. That same field has been partially blamed for Andrew Luck's injuries and retirement.

Why the Indianapolis Colts won't switch to grass at Lucas Oil Stadium

• Informative Informative x 3
  5. Endless Excuses

Endless Excuses GC Hall of Fame

Jan 13, 2010
    Swampville
    Just like the same coach hired all the coaches who need to be jettisoned at UF (and that number is significantly higher than the current number of 2)...just like the same coach who brought in most of the roster which just lost 7 games and before you say were young...next year (year 3) we likely lose more games than this year. The same guy who thought ETN would be a great fit on our team also brought in our whole offensive line, our special teams whatever...the 127th ranked defense....right...he probably thought they were talented too.

You can try and discredit AR however you wish but he looked pretty damn good in Indy when he was playing, looked entirely worthy of his selection and believe it or not he looked capable of throwing many of the passes he didnt throw well around here. Richardson wasnt a reach by the Colts either...he was slotted in to the top 7 by almost every team so I woudnt use that as a measuring stick on their other draft picks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. crl

crl GC Legend

Nov 8, 2008
    Exactly.

7. crl

crl GC Legend

Nov 8, 2008
    I can't blame ETN. If he goes to the right school (one with a good OL that emphasizes the run), he's going to run for a lot of yards barring injury and really showcase himself. And Montrell is mediocre at best. If he makes even an NFL practice squad for more than a year I will be shocked. Even with his ability to pass pro.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Endless Excuses

Endless Excuses GC Hall of Fame

Jan 13, 2010
    Swampville
    Agreed ETN has a looong way to go but what Im pointing out you either play to their strengths or coach em up...and if they leave you can sell yourself all you want but losing elite talent (and yes ETN is elite) is a disaster both now and the egg on your face after. Losing Princely...another disaster...you can blame the players all you want but when a guy ETN gets 5 carries in a game something aint right. When Trey Wilson has 5 receptions in the first quarter and then never sees the field again...something is off. When you have back to back disaster seasons and with your best players leaving something isnt right.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. crl

crl GC Legend

Nov 8, 2008
    Huh? I thought they were doing better with Minshew, but I don't pay that much attention to them TBH.

• Like Like x 1
  10. crl

crl GC Legend

Nov 8, 2008
    Well unfortunately nowadays 90% of CFB players are that type of player. Hard to fill a squad with just the 10%.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  11. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Hall of Fame

Feb 22, 2017
    Minshew did actually win a few games.

12. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    It’s maybe not that bad but yes, free agency made me lose interest in the nfl. Seeing hated rivals on my team or the players I liked playing against my team did it in for me. Tge younger generation have no problem just being a fan of a player instead of a team. Lebron fans are a good example, it’s the player not the team for many today.ive always been a Lakers fan but I can’t watch him and like him on my team.

13. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    I’d assume they were dinged up or there was another issue. ETN for the most part got equal carries, and I believe he was dinged up early in the year for a while. That last game where Wilson slap the coaches hand off of him may have something to do with him sitting out part of a game. We don’t know why players play or don’t but I have not seen Napier not letting players play like Mullen did. Young players got plenty of playing time on these last two teams

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    It’s hard to agree with that when Johnson has almost the exact same yards per carry. ETN is a better big play open field runner no doubt but how do the end up getting the same average? Maybe Johnson is better at getting the tougher yards.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland
    I figured he's not even in Gainesville just trolling.

16. tarponbro

tarponbro All American

Feb 10, 2016
    Jacksonville, Fl.
    They're dead to me wherever they go. They quit on the team. There aren't family emergencies or anything like that, at least not that I've read about or heard of, so they're quitters, plain and simple.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2013
    He also retired early because the lions sucked and he was the only option they had. They were running him ragged. Imagine if they had a passing game (which would require him to block) maybe he would have stuck around a bit longer

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    I agree with Ally Peek, spitting out "Gator for Life" statements are disingenuous, and frankly an insult to all those who stuck it out, want to leave for whatever reason, go for it, but don't soft soap Gator Nation about love for UF. Sickening really.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  19. carolinagator_772

carolinagator_772 Senior

Jan 2, 2021
    Next man up.

20. gatorzilla91

gatorzilla91 All American

Nov 21, 2014
    So if you’ve got the opportunity to play for a championship contender and a better NIL deal while your current team continues to flounder you wouldn’t take it?