Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Twitter Updates 2024

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by bobbybaker86, Jan 1, 2023.

1. devincdoss

devincdoss Senior

Aug 9, 2017
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Billy Napier or the big Lebowski?

2. 06GATORS08

06GATORS08 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2009
    Oh man this off-season can't be over soon enough.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. 06GATORS08

06GATORS08 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2009
    Also, they were quite generous with Jimbo. When he is the West Virginia coach in a couple of years he can rock this look:
    upload_2023-7-15_10-7-0.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  4. eastowest

eastowest GC Hall of Fame

May 13, 2007

• Funny x 6
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Best Post Ever x 1
  5. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Have used Amazon Fire TV sticks for all of my streaming needs, 4 TVs.

YouTube TV has been my best streaming TV provider. I've been streaming since August, 2017 and have saved a ton of money over cable.

Unfortunately, YouTube TV recently raised their price. I'm now paying $80.43 which includes tax and fees. It's still the best so I'm staying with the service.

I have Starz, but only for 2 months while I watch Outlander. During the time, we'll watch a few Starz movies to boot. I don't miss premium services for movies as streaming gives you more than you can ever watch or would want to watch, Roku free TV channel, Amazon prime movies and shows including Freevee.

The ESPN app is a must. No, having the ESPN channels on YouTube TV does not give you access to ESPN+ which I hardly ever watch, but it does give access to all of the ESPN channels. I subscribed to ESPN+ for 1 month so I could watch UF gymnastics during the NCAA regional competitions.

Must say it is great to be able to order what you want when you want and then cancel. So many people order premium service and then just leave it on their monthly bills. That's not me.

Looking ahead to the future, say 1 to 2 years out, Disney is leaning to packaging and selling the ESPN channels as a standalone premium service. The price being mentioned is somewhere between $15 and $25, say $20. What is nice about this is that you can have all the sports you want including the ESPN app for $20. Add Philo TV at $25 plus add an antenna for local channels and you are at $45 plus tax and fees monthly. I hope Disney actually follows through with this.

News? Get it online. I quit watching just about all tv news long ago as they are all a bunch of politized liars.

Streaming is the future so you may as well get onboard. More and more cable companies are dropping cable tv and are just providing internet service.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2013
    Yeah im bad, because between myself, wife, and kids we all have our favorite shows on different platforms so I've got damn near all them. Netflix, hulu w/ add ons of Starz, and showtime, we got sling TV orange& Blue, HBO max, appleTV+, paramountTV, Peacock and Prime. And the crazy part is I still use an App on my phone for movies currently still in theaters.

Been meaning to get rid of some like sling but that is the one that shows all the sports channels for my games. So getting rid of it now a just before our comeback season is silly. Lol. Can probably lose showtime and Starz but it's only 5$ month, which is less then 2 Gatorades

All this and yet I usually just spend any extra time posting here with you guys. :rolleyes:

7. bernie_lomax

bernie_lomax Sophomore

Jan 26, 2016
    Thanks. Agree and good to know about potential ESPN divestiture.
    My 2 cents on pros and cons of popular streaming setups…
    • Fire stick w YouTube tv:
    There is a weird stutter that is a known issue if you’re watching fast paced action like sports on YouTube tv on a fire stick. Most people don’t notice it. I’m not any kind of technical/graphics geek but I can’t unsee it and it drives me nuts. (Sorry if I just afflicted some of you). ​
    • Fire stick w Hulu:
    Doesn’t have the stutter issue. However You cannot fast forward through commercials. Another huge issue for me as I like to rewatch plays then catch up to live action during commercials. Yes you are forced to watch the commercials then in order to catch up you’ll have to skip parts of the game/ telecast. ​
    • solution (for me at least) Roku stick w YouTube tv:
    Solves the issue with setups above. However, Fire stick is more reliable than Roku imo. I often have issues w Roku picking up my wifi signal and fire stick in another room further from router is fine. I’ll have to switch to another wifi or reset. Also you can get fire stick for next to nothing when Amazon runs deals on them. But all things considered the best arrangement. ​

8. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Maybe a function of your Internet speed? I pay for 250 Mbps through Cox, but they deliver in excess of 300 on average.

- Fire stick w YouTube tv:

There is a weird stutter that is a known issue if you’re watching fast paced action like sports on YouTube tv on a fire stick. Most people don’t notice it. I’m not any kind of technical/graphics geek but I can’t unsee it and it drives me nuts. (Sorry if I just afflicted some of you).

I watch tons of sports and have never experienced the weird stutter you are experiencing.

BTW, I tried AT&T fiber, but they failed to deliver the speeds they are selling.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. mchess1

mchess1 Sophomore

Jan 19, 2022
    Palm Beach, Florida
    Unless it’s changed recently, most of YouTube TVs content is 720p. For those still using, has that changed?

10. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    If you purchase a new LG TV, they have their own TV channels and network (100 channels) of movies, sports, ..that you can access for free.

11. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    My picture is clear, no fuzzy like you see with 720p. YouTube sells 4K for a higher price which means we are likely getting 1080p. IPTV typically provides 720p. YouTube TV is much better.

Your better TVs can make 1080p look like 4K. OLED and the next generation down do an excellent job of providing high quality looking video.

12. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland
    YTTV set to record all NCAA football combined with resume from last watch is killer. I can switch back and forth between multiple games and not miss a play or ever watch a commercial.

Or watch any game any time of course.

When Gators are on I don't switch much but will often keep an eye on another game on another device like tablet or laptop.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Cox in pcola gives you a terabyte of data then starts charging for data after that. 4K eats data like no tomorrow. I have two kids that game and a 4K system costs me data. 1080 is fine for most things and saves a lot of data.
    It gets expensive quick when my kids go past a terabyte. Cox warned me when I have used 75% of my data.

14. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I haven't tried to figure out how to do it yet, but YouTube TV has split screen available now too. I think you can have up to 4 different games showing at one time.

A biggie for me is YouTube TV has almost unlimited DVR service. I have a library full of movies, shows, and sporting events that get updated anytime the programs are televised. Those recording that go expired do so only after 9 months without being televised which is the only limitation on their DVR service. Anything in the library automatically goes back to 9 months when the program is televised on any of the YouTube channels. No other streaming service offers this amount of recording flexibility.

My one and only complaint about YouTube TV is that I'd like to be able to look back 72 hours and watch any program I want during that time. Little ole frndly TV will let you do this plus record a program(s) from 30 minutes after it has been shown back for 72 hours. If the program is recorded, you can fast forward through the commercials.

• Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  15. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Lots of useful information being shared here. I’d like to see this thread get a name change and be pinned for ongoing information sharing — and a new Twitter Updates 2023 thread created. Can the admins do that?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I'm in Pensacola too. according to the Cox website, they allow up to 1.1 TB of data. I've never been over, but it's just my wife and me. Neither of us do gaming. I have more concern with having enough download speed to run all of our devices when we want to, 4 tvs, 1 printer, 3 Alexas, 2 computers, and 2 cell phones when accessing the internet from home. I need every bit of the 300 Mbps average Cox is giving me to avoid buffering which I will not tolerate. I tried out AT&T 500 fiber, but the download speed was far less than the download speed I've been getting with Cox 250. Unfortunately, AT&T fiber did not deliver for me.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  17. UFLawyer

UFLawyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    I’m not complaining, I’m actually laughing, but four pages about Internet TV, and not a single tweet about recruiting. Maybe just a bit off topic….LOL

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Bobby is laying down on the twitter job. :)

19. gatormonk

gatormonk GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

20. eastowest

eastowest GC Hall of Fame

May 13, 2007

• Agree Agree x 1