Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Twitter Updates 2024

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by bobbybaker86, Jan 1, 2023.

1. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland
    You have succinctly summarized the man and his mission.

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Same here Rickster.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. G8torsRUL

G8torsRUL GC Hall of Fame

Apr 14, 2007
    Pensacola
    • Like Like x 4
  4. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  5. gator_n_sc

Oct 8, 2013
    Idk, I might have to create an account just so i can read the tea leaves. I blame UF recruiting for me feeling I may need to do this as it has become some what of an addiction to follow recruiting. Twitter is stupid for selling to Money greedy Elon Musk

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Maybe Elon is taking several steps to clean up that cesspool and this is one of them, however inconvenient it may be for those of us who make the deliberate decision to not sign up for Twitter. Just a thought

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. gator_n_sc

Oct 8, 2013
    Paying 12 $ a month or what ever it is doesn't really do any thing to clean up the idiots, their ad revenue dropped 59% last month. He's moving toward charging for basic access and a little more fir the blue checkmark for access to more features. But I get it he has to recoup his money he spent and he wouldn't be where he's at if he wasn't smart.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Yeah I don’t think he’s doing this just to make extra money

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Readers like me don't even comment on Twitter, so how can that new change of policy make Twitter cleaner?

11. propagator

propagator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Yes and I thought we was good at his job talking into the mic.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

I got no idea twatter works — I’m only guessing that Musk has a lot more $$ tied up in cars, batteries, and rockets, and is more interested in cleaning up twatter than making near-term bucks on it. Just a guess

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  13. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    He hired a questionable new CEO that it attacking the wrong people. But I'll bet real money that she knows how to kill off a social media company right from underneath the likes of even Musk... because that's what she is doing.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Well there has been speculation that Elon bought Twitter in order to kill it. Perhaps you’re right. If so I won’t shed a tear — although something else will certainly replace it. It’s unfortunate that social media is so blatantly irresponsible. People should be more accountable for what they broadcast to the world, but when mainstream media sets the example what are the chances of that?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. gator_n_sc

Oct 8, 2013
    Well like all his companies like tesla he has to appease his board members and stock holders as they really hold the power and can vote to remove him as CEO if shit starts not going well as they don't have as much money or companies as he does and probably care more about the revenue for 1 particular company then he does. Though I'm sure he probably still has a billion dollars buried in one of his back yards somewhere

16. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

I hope so. Dude is a national resource for applied cutting edge technology

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    There needs to be a replacement that is politically neutral... and maybe even sports only by design. I wish someone would start a recruiting version of a twitter type social media site that on which we can all skip the other garbage they bombard us with (used to) on Twitter.

• Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    His foresight and vision is the reason why other car companies are making electric cars today... with his company's technology. Let's not get carried away about him because his new CEO is shatting on Twitter.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Politically neutral will likely never happen, but at least it should have the opportunity to be

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. gator_n_sc

Oct 8, 2013
    I like Elon and like you feel his other companies are much more important to our society and mankind way more so than His venture Into social media imo. Plus I'm just still salty because now I can't read half of the posts in the most active thread in GC's Awesome recruiting. :confused:

• Friendly Friendly x 1