Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Twitter Updates 2022

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by tommyvee, Jan 6, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    yet we didn’t come back with Smith, Russaw, and Mitchell annnd they also came to our state again and got higher rated Florida kids than us. Collins was a great get though

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2013

They don't get all the top rated kids in fla eitherMy point was we do get top rated kids from out of state. I personally like how well we recruited our home state this year

• Like Like x 1
  3. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    i felt we did great in state. Left some crumbs on the table but hopefully next year that wont be the case

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. ShadowCat

ShadowCat All American

Jan 6, 2015
    Yes, we do get top rated players from other states. However, it is few and far between vs how many Florida kids we lose to out of state schools.

We had a great recruiting class and ironically made inroads within our own state finally. Hopefully it continues to improve which will help the on field product, which of course will help recruiting and so on.

5. gatordadx2

gatordadx2 Premium Member

Dec 24, 2017
    Yes, and I am hoping he just needs reps and the game to slow down a little for him. I noticed a few "Wiffs" by #75

6. tegator80

tegator80 GC Hall of Fame

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    This all feels like Round 1 (or 2) of a 15 round fight. I see a landscape like the Wild West: yes, if you don't know how to survive it, someone will take it from you. But if the ultimate goal is to win tough games, unless you have a generational player in mind, getting into a bidding war is likely going to cause some major disruptions in the team dynamic. I have to believe, as I also believe no one really knows how to negotiate it all, Napier realizes he has to reach out but not with silly desperation. Will it work in the short term well enough to keep the fans appeased? That to me is THE $64,000 question.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. agrigatorspyv

agrigatorspyv Senior

Sep 23, 2018
    Deland, Fl
    Your entire post is predicated on the idea that our boosters dont fork out cash? Purely speculative. I think being competitve (not absurd) with NIL and the relationship piece will bring recruiting success.

It already has... we got some real dogs. Looking at quality, not quantity, even the stargazers put this collection of players at top 6.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. gator_annarbor

gator_annarbor Senior

Nov 9, 2019
    Except that Napier won’t last a 15 round fight without competing for SEC titles. So how do we win in the next 2-3 years?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. carolinagator_772

carolinagator_772 Senior

Jan 2, 2021
    I am on the Treasure Coast. Coincidentally, I did date a KY fan. Luckily for me that was back in the day when we would count a W for that game before the schedule came out. I do remember sweating out one game though.

• Like Like x 1
  10. carolinagator_772

carolinagator_772 Senior

Jan 2, 2021
    My guy, that’s what makes you that dude lol.

11. ridgetop

ridgetop GC Hall of Fame

Aug 4, 2020
    Top of the ridge
    Seems some a new to the recruiting world?
    UF has JUMPED… exploded… up the recruiting ranks from just last year. This after a miserable season.
    Napier has recruited far better than we have seen in years.
    UF brings in… and offers …far more players than they can take. UF will win some and lose far far more. It’s part of the numbers game.
    Certain teams are throwing money around for a top recruiting class. We have seen this before… last year at Texas A and M.It doesn’t guarantee success.
    There are too many posters (won’t call them fans) making gloom and doom assumptions. Again…so far Napier has made BIG strides. No one should have expected us to go from the mess Mullen and Grantham left to a top contending team in one year.

• Agree x 7
    • Best Post Ever x 4
    • Like x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Winner x 1
  12. tegator80

tegator80 GC Hall of Fame

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    It all has to do with our collective definition of "winning". I am talking about what he has to do to win enough quality games to last until reality finally hits and there is more organization. Think like what we have been for quite a few years in basketball (beginning in the latter stages of Donovan's regime), although Napier will not get nearly the same time as White and presumably Golden.

What I mainly see is a sort of game like Fantasy Football; making some kind of statistics and turning it into a game, even though no one has "won" anything. So we did not win, or seriously competed, against Bama, UGa or aTm in the Battle of the Fantasy Recruiting War.

And in the realm of winning real games, the old model had at its heart a team that played as a unit and not as a bunch of individuals. The newer model seems to have as much collective talent on board as possible so that you can put better pieces in play if/when the "regulars" mess up or get injured. Methinks Napier wants the old model with the recognition that some elite talent thrown in here and there WILL produce results.

Will it work? All I can say is that he IS our HC until he isn't and he IS going to build the program his way.

13. agrigatorspyv

agrigatorspyv Senior

Sep 23, 2018
    Deland, Fl
    Exactly. Give the man his 4 years and then judge the results. Scrutinizing and crticizing every single inch of the marathon is obnoxious and exhausting.

• Agree x 8
    • Winner x 6
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! x 1
  14. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Is Harris our first ever from IMG?

15. TJtheGator

TJtheGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    No, we got Wilson last year and Wilcoxson a few years prior.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  16. SuperMOM

SuperMOM GC Hall of Fame

Jan 31, 2016
  17. TJtheGator

TJtheGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    That is some serious attrition. Perhaps Saban’s machine is starting to fall apart.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. your_perfect_enemy

your_perfect_enemy GC Hall of Fame

Apr 7, 2010
    Not saying he's going to be an all american next year but in fairness he was playing out of position

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. gatorpjb

gatorpjb All American

Jan 1, 2021
    Lithia, Florida
    That’s a fair point, but I think most Gator fans can agree that saying he could probably start for the Seattle Seahawks right now… is just a wee bit hyperbolic.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. your_perfect_enemy

your_perfect_enemy GC Hall of Fame

Apr 7, 2010
    haha correct, that is absurd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.