Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Twitter Updates 2022

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by tommyvee, Jan 6, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShadowCat

ShadowCat All American

Jan 6, 2015
    Proof they are right? Signing day isn't over, nor is the February date come and gone.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. scooterp

scooterp GC Hall of Fame

Feb 15, 2012
    For some it’s just not possible. They don’t have the stomach to sit through some of the necessary phases to complete what is an obvious rebuild.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. username

username GC Hall of Fame

Aug 17, 2017
    Thanks!

4. MarineG8R

MarineG8R GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2014
    Buuuuuuuuuuuuuttttttttt what about the other school!!!!!

5. zman-1

zman-1 GC Legend

Mar 5, 2017
    West of the equator
    How about you give it a rest. Getting tired of your attacks on other posters. Message boards are places for debate which means varying opinions. It seems you have adopted the "party whip" position to keep everyone in line and it is most unappreciated. I certainly do not agree with many posts on this board, but I appreciate the fresh perspective. Surrounding ourselves with "yes" men only provides an echo chamber. Not helpful.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. MarineG8R

Nov 19, 2014
    I agree with this, but that particular poster does nothing but shows up when things seem a little down and posts..

[​IMG]

That's it. He deserves the ridicule IMO.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. ShadowCat

ShadowCat All American

Jan 6, 2015
    Oh grow up, message boards are full of debates, arguements, and hard comments. Can't handle it, leave.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. zman-1

zman-1 GC Legend

Mar 5, 2017
    West of the equator
    I would "disagree" with you, but do not want to apply bacon to your post. I'm just getting tired of the personal attacks on this board. Debate the subject and leave the mud slinging out.

9. zman-1

zman-1 GC Legend

Mar 5, 2017
    West of the equator
    Case in point.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. MarineG8R

Nov 19, 2014
    That was kind of my point. That poster doesn't debate anything. Just drops the drama.

But I'll agree on the personal attacks. That's fair.

• Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  11. ShadowCat

ShadowCat All American

Jan 6, 2015
    Yup. Forum police now? You can check all my posts, hardly an attacker. And plenty of shots at me to. Again, it is what message boards are made.of... not Leave it to Beaver conversations.

12. zman-1

zman-1 GC Legend

Mar 5, 2017
    West of the equator
    You just can't help yourself.

13. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia

Happy ESD Marine. Your comment:
    It’s pretty much been laid out that UF isn’t going to play the NIL negotiating game.
    My response: I suspect that the persons "In Control" of Gator NIL may be playing the "Wait and See" strategy and are not inclined to put massive amounts of "chips" on the table .................... YET................ (This particular recruiting cycle).

I base this thought on the consideration Gator persons in control monitoring the "bought and paid for" TAMU class of last cycle, took a hard look at that debacle, and are taking an even harder look at the Miami / Ruiz situation, among others.

UF's financial resources are not "unlimited" nor are the resources of the boosters.

Considering that if UF is able to sign the bulk of the committed class, it's still a "good class", - perhaps the decision makers are exercising financial patience and prudence when it comes to that last dozen 5 stars. Perhaps the attitude is - lets not drop millions on "unproven" kids this cycle and see how the market, and even more importantly, how the rules and regulations change, based on the current reality.

This is cold comfort for the recruitnicks on the board. Myself included, but I'm trying to rationlize why UF suddenly seems to be "withdrawn" from recruiting, here at the midnight hour.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. tommyvee

tommyvee GC Hall of Fame

May 16, 2007

• Like Like x 3
  15. gatorzilla91

gatorzilla91 All American

Nov 21, 2014
    “Deserves the ridicule”

Yeah being unhappy about a 3 game losing streak, humiliated on national tv in a bowl game, piss poor finish in recruiting and now signing the worst QB in the portal is definitely an overreaction

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  16. tommyvee

tommyvee GC Hall of Fame

May 16, 2007
    Some are glass half full, some are glass half empty and some are glass half broken.

For those on the fence, I offer some positivity. Will Norman, who some were worried about since he moved back home and wasn’t very vocal, is in. Sharif Denson, who some thought were Miami bound late, is in. Kelby Collins, who everybody’s saying to watch Bama after the visit, is in.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. carolinagator_772

carolinagator_772 Senior

Jan 2, 2021
    Who would be the other option?

18. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    Emory Jones ?

*runs away*

• Funny Funny x 5
  19. gatorich

gatorich GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Pensacola, FL
    Again, NIL was never meant to be used as a recruiting tool, it was to reimburse players that the school was making money off of using their name, image or likeness. It has been subverted by the likes of aTm, scUM and others. My take it that UF is trying to keep it for what it was intended but is being drawn into the recruiting aspect as most other schools have been. Until the NCAA, or whoever, gets control of this it is the wild west with plenty of lowlife institutions willing to jump right in.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  20. hendu24

hendu24 Freshman

Dec 11, 2010
    Cormani not signing today.. per his mom

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.