Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Twitter Updates 2022

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by tommyvee, Jan 6, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. username

username GC Hall of Fame

Aug 17, 2017
    Pfft get out of here with your level headed thinking

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I like Napier, and I like our players... even the ones that are leaving for one reason or another. But if you can't tell that my opinion is not one that matters then why do you care what I think? If all you think I'm doing is complaining then ignore it/me and move on. I been putting out information on players, and doing the research... reading as much as possible about who I feel might help out the team. I just want to make this forum better. What have you put forth? Where's your value?

If all you're here to do is complain about other people's post then you're in for a rude awakening. I tolerate far more about the real haters out there, I am not one of them.

If you having anything of interest to post I want to read, because it like all opinions, unlike some people here that are quick to judge and slow to understand.

I am doing tine investing by reading countless articles and linking players and their stats. The thing about the tightends had nothing to do with you. I had some questions and they were answered by other thoughtful posters. So lighten up Francis, and butt out of my one on ones with other posters.

I like our team and I like Napier, but that too has nothing to do with you... and I don't care what you think. So I'll do you the favor of just ignoring you from now on.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. gatorpower

gatorpower GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Respectfully disagree

If you win conference championships, and if you are in the hunt for play-offs, you become a "legendary" coach. You end up, deservedly, having the reputation of a Spurrier, or Meyer. The absolute goal of any sports program is to win conference championships, to win national championships, to beat everyone on your schedule. Therefore, the goal of every sports program is to find legendary coaches.

Not many fan bases get to experience what that provides, but that is what every fan wants every season.

On the surface, what you wrote is pragmatic, wise, hell, might even be a missing beatitude from Jesus Christ himself. Etch it on a gold plate and make it a family heirloom. Can't win 'em all, right?

However, that conventional wisdom has no place in sports. Ain't no moral victories in sports. The absolute foundation of football is the drive to power. I do not want a coach who doesn't want to win it all, all the time, every year, every day. Respectfully, save the beatitudes for real life. If we don't win every game, I want to be disappointed. I want to hurt bad. I want our players, coaches and administration to feel that too. If I sit next to a little snot Gator fan at a bar, and he tells me he is OK with losing games, that he doesn't mind being a middling, average team, I will spill my beer on his head and then bash the pint glass into his skull until I work my way back to the wood of the bar top. I expect every fan to want to win every game and to hurt bad when we lose.

Not going to win them all every year? Absolutely. Not expecting to win them all ever year? Take up finger painting, or cloud watch, or volunteer for a boys club, or something. This is sports, not real life.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. MarineG8R

MarineG8R GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2014
    Enjoy the disappointment.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Tampa, FL
    “He said that NIL did not play a big role, as he didn't take any NIL meeting on recruiting trips.”

Is this just a play on words? Are upper tier recruits going to be in 2 camps now - those that are NIL driven & those that are serious football players first and aren’t consumed with NIL?

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. tdkrn12

tdkrn12 Junior

Nov 13, 2022
    Rochester
    No,I would settle for an intelligent conversation with other Gator fans. I guess that’s too much to ask from someone like you.

• Creative Creative x 1
  7. MarineG8R

MarineG8R GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2014
    Good to know your sense of humor is lacking.

Oh and good job on calling the class ranking being between 8-11 a week ago. Pat yourself on the back. Sorry people got mad at you.

I called it between 1-130. You should have read the nasty comments directed at me.

8. okcgator

okcgator GC Legend

Sep 24, 2015
    Dayton
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  9. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Hall of Fame

Feb 22, 2017
    Yea, Brewster was a big hire, but did relatively nothing while here. I don’t get the fascination with him at all.

Trading Seider for Knox, I get the frustration with that swap.

Both are in the past and continuing to make post after post complaining about it isn’t going to change anything though.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2013

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Hall of Fame

Feb 22, 2017
    Gee, I wonder where he’s headed.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. gatorpower

Apr 3, 2007
    What a mic drop! LOL

13. SuperMOM

SuperMOM GC Hall of Fame

Jan 31, 2016
    Wouldn’t it be funny if he went to scUM?

He claims to have grown up a Seminole fan.

14. gatorpower

Apr 3, 2007
    It is a play on words. No point in having NIL meetings with the athletic department, they can't pay anything anyway.

A person who can give you $500K/year is going to fly to your house with steaks made from an endangered species. Absolutely accurate.

Also, wouldn't surprise me if he meant the NIL deals were so comparable, he focused on other things. It's a good luxury to have

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Dude…..

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Damn!!! @tilly can we put some gas in the tank of the infamous Chip Kelly thread and fire that thing up again? Just the mere mention of Chip Kelly got things popping in my head again

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    New college playoff creates a spot for Conf champs, so Utah would be good in if playing under future rules. Utah got better as season progressed. UF got worse. Utah gets the home game next. How will we perform in high altitude? We have been a poor traveling team outside State and SE for many years

18. garettk

garettk GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2008
    Mayo, FL
    I just had an epiphany. Had I lived through this period of Gator football in my late-teens/early 20’s….. I’d either be a crackhead, murderer, or dead.

Thankfully, for me, I’m old and tired.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  19. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2013
    I think it would be funny if he followed Deion To Colorado

20. tommyvee

tommyvee GC Hall of Fame

May 16, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.