Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Twitter Updates 2022

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by tommyvee, Jan 6, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    All this sounds good, but speaking of coaching, I hope we get the right defensive schemes worked out for next year, because I was NOT impressed with the inconsistency at DC last year. If we keep our recruits and add portal players of need to that then yes...

The DC is my only real concern for next year. But if we get that worked out and we land McCall then it's going to get good really fast for the Gators next year.

A top talent portal QB like McCall would be a game changer... literally.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. HeyItsMe

HeyItsMe GC Hall of Fame

Mar 7, 2009
    Hasn’t paid off for Jimbo at TAMU and he coaches circles around Mario.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    Yeah, it's probably happening because these coaches that once recruited these kids never lost track of their phone numbers, so I can see it happening to everyone.

4. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    notice i said MORE THAN LIKELY. Didnt say it guaranteed anything.

5. ncg8or

ncg8or All American

May 28, 2007
    I don't believe Pratt is in the portal yet, nor is Hartman. McCall is in the portal.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  6. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    Yeah, I know McCall is in the portal, not sure about Pratt. I thought someone mentioned that he was in it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Agator88

Agator88 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 7, 2014
    Yeah you can't blame either side, if the coach gets a bigger job at a p5 school and the kid becomes a All Conference caliber player. Why not reach out and see if there's mutual interest? It would just suck to be on the losing side of it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    The only thing coaches could do is to ask these young men to get a new number if they sign with their respective teams? Would that even fly in today's world? Lol, not sure it would.

9. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2013
    Coaches do it all the time when They take a new job and have to build their staff and recruit all while trying to coach their old team in the bowl Game

10. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Depends heavily on your definition of the word “it”. Call me naive but there are varying degrees in the range between right and wrong. Ruiz is so far to the wrong he’s making a mockery of the sport and literally flaunting it in everybody’s faces.

In stark contrast, UF and Napier have gone on record that they won’t get into that game where players are literally auctioning themselves to the highest bidder. Napier and staff are selling team and value beyond just a bag of money.

Wrong vs. Right. Same thing applies to the kids out there. Some kids and their families care about zero except how big is the bag of pay for play money. Others, like Rashada apparently, and hopefully Lagway too, can see beyond how big the bag is, and appreciate the multitude of other virtues a program is offering. I mean hey, it’s not like our guys aren’t getting a money bag too, just not as big.

In the end, I have some measure of faith that if the good guys stick to their values and principles they will ultimately have a stronger team and the kids on it will be better off than the kid and his greedy family burning through piles of Ruiz dirty dollars.

There are still some cases out there where good triumphs over evil, and I damn sure hope some of that comes to pass in college ball. In fact, you can already see examples where it’s happening

Go Gators

Last edited: Dec 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Agator88

Agator88 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 7, 2014
    Pass out them new NIL iPhones with new numbers day 1 haha

• Like Like x 1
  12. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

You are describing a scenario where a kid can move up with the new opportunity. Like the kids who followed CBN from Louisiana to UF. Of course that’s good for the kid and you can’t blame either side. But what that Coach out in Washington describes is something entirely different. He’s already got a P5 program. The bastards harassing his players are playing the Ruiz game and it’s deplorable

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    I wonder what pays more, teaching athletes or being their handler?

14. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    Ruiz opening up the sports agency means he's doubling down on this and not going away like some hope. We'll see what happens but I don't think it's a good thing for the rest of the state programs going forward.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. gatorfanbill

gatorfanbill All American

Feb 7, 2018
    Well, money can buy people, but it takes a lot more than money to satisfy people.

• Like Like x 2
  16. gatormonk

gatormonk GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  17. gatormonk

gatormonk GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

• Like Like x 3
  18. G8torsRUL

G8torsRUL GC Hall of Fame

Apr 14, 2007
    Pensacola
    I blocked this man, so his opinion must not mean much to me. Can’t recall why, but he must have said sometime I didn’t like, and I don’t block many.

• Funny Funny x 3
  19. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

What he’s doing is so obvious and it makes a total joke out of NIL. I can only hope he gets what he deserves in time

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    He is an attorney though. I think he knows the game enough to avoid any official "wrongdoing." He's calling everyone's bluff who threatens accountability while UF is taking the "legally safe" approach to this. I don't see it as a whole lot different than Alabama moving Tuas family from Hawaii or any other number of shady recruiting that has been going on. Al-betar has been doing stuff for Alabama for years before NIL and I assuming Kirby brought those methods over to Georgia. We know Jimbo said as much. Nothing has happened. Hell, we KNOW cams father got 180k amd we know Tennessee literally used bags lol and yet there was no punishment. Nothing will change. I think people assuming there will be fallout by some of these bad actors are just wistfully thinking.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.