Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Twitter Updates 2022

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by tommyvee, Jan 6, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tdkrn12

tdkrn12 Junior

Nov 13, 2022
    Rochester

Interesting stuff

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. WC53

WC53 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2015
    Old City
    There is a rabid portion of fans and recruits that love to see the trolling of other bases and coaches. Next we want teenagers to be logical and their momma’s to not want a house. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Yep, and some schools could actually ruin a kid from ever playing football at another school due to the scholarship limitations. The schools and coaches basically owned these kids livelihoods and futures.

But not allowing a student athlete to even get a legitimate job was stupid crazy overreach by the NCAA.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. LS1

LS1 All American

Sep 9, 2015
    Marysville, OH
    "We"? Who is "we"?? You're not fooling anyone, poser.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Agator88

Agator88 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 7, 2014
    Denny Thompson says this every week on the pod with Hacker. He has other schools contact him in regards to guys who aren't in the portal. Which is why when the portal opens up, guys are signed a day later. They have had a relationship prior to ever being officially in the portal.

He said this week UF probably already has their guy, well if it ends up being Pratt. That would mean he's been in contact while prepping for Tulanes biggest bowl game in school history.

Something doesn't sit right with me when you're part of a team, but still planning your next move with another team behind the scenes. I don't think you can be all in if you're doing this back channel stuff. Granted most probably have an agent or handler doing it for them, so idk.

• Informative Informative x 3
  6. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    That's a lot of assumptions to get negative on the good guys. We don't know who called whom, and when if at all that it happened. We don't know that Pratt as you say (hypothetical) called our coach, or if a coach Napier as you say (another hypothetical) might have called that said player.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

That’s true Wing. But whatever it takes for Ga to not win the NC again. Hey, if OSU pulls the upset then I’m TCU all the way!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    This has to stop. I'll bet we're on the wrong end of that more so than we are looking for players.We've hemorrhaged player these last two years, and that means it's more likely that other coaches from other teams are calling our players.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. ncg8or

ncg8or All American

May 28, 2007
    Will be interesting to see what happens with the QBs currently in the portal, yet to enter the portal, leaving early for the NFL, and the Gators

With Austin Reed withdrawing his name to stay at Western Kentucky (thanks to a shiny new NIL deal to keep him), that leaves Devin Leary as the only guy currently in the portal that it sounds like we'd be interested in, at least from what I've read. Still no word on Pratt, McCall, or Hartman. With our season ending tomorrow, ESD, and these bowl games concluding it's going to be a crazy 2-3 weeks coming up and seeing the dominoes start to fall.

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. WC53

WC53 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2015
    Old City
    Scholly’s are a moot at this point withthe big NIL deals. Maybe just icing. Contracts and no compete clauses oh my ;) except it is all controlled by two few big name agents/lawyers. Sounds like Ticketmaster ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    I'd wait for McCall and/or Pratt to finish their seasons first. Those are my two favorites at QB. With the right QB we win at least 10 games next year... maybe even more, IMHO.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. tdkrn12

tdkrn12 Junior

Nov 13, 2022
    Rochester
    Pratt hasn’t officially entered yet has he?

13. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Theres no denying it makes sense — there’s also no denying they’re destroying our favorite sport - especially when kids just come out and communicate that they’re going to the highest bidder. I freaking hate this

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    they arent? Looks like they are this cycle to me and i dont think this is a one cycle thing.

And Miami absolutely did NOT have more talent this past season when MC took over than when Kirby took over for Richt. Richt left the 9, 12, 8, and 6 ranked class to Kirby who also added the 8th ranked class to his first recruiting class

my point is if you continue to stack talent, more than likely it’ll pay off at some point

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. username

username GC Hall of Fame

Aug 17, 2017
    My point is it’s the same thing, and we are all doing it as non billionaires

16. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

RIP college football

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  17. username

username GC Hall of Fame

Aug 17, 2017
    My point is that people complaining about him are doing what he is doing. Just having much less of an impact therefore even less reason to do it

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  18. bullish

bullish GC Hall of Fame

Nov 14, 2010
    FSU and Miami are recruiting extremely well this year. I feel they are both trending up. Florida if they hold on to everyone and add a surprise or two will be also. When you let coaches run the program into the ground staying too long, it hurts the momentum of your program and brings up the programs near you, and gives them momentum. Grantham staying, Mullen not recruiting was the kiss of death, FSU definitely got some good athletes and have an exciting offense. More a product of coaching hires. It is going to take time with us going with a strong run game and average passing game. I never thought Florida would win the SEC with a strong running game and that is what Napier knows. Hopefully we will have a great QB that can run an offense that can score quick when needed and consistently move the chains.
    Proof will be when you see a halfback pass leading the receiver downfield or an TE crossing the middle and hit leading him downfield or even hitting the long ball when needed. Florida major sports are in the bottom third of the SEC and in rebuild jobs. Tough times for fans!

19. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    He has, but we have a bowl game and he has a bowl game. Not to mention we don't know what has been said behind the scenes as of yet. I'll bet someone on our coaching staff members is in contact with both of them.

But, if I were making the call the edge for me would go to McCall. He's just really accurate with he football, and that's what we need as our QB1 for next year. Rashada needs one year to adjust, and maybe we keep Miller for one more year, because injuries happen and McCall likes to run the ball when things break down.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2022
  20. Agator88

Agator88 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 7, 2014
    Oh for sure I didn't mean it as a negative against our staff, its all 100% speculation. I would be thrilled to get the guy, and he's the name I have been most excited about as a fan. I was just using him due to the rumors he's going to enter the portal after their bowl game.

I'm going be excited as a Gator fan to get whoever and if every staff is doing these things then you have to do it or be left behind.

I was just looking at it as a former athlete, I couldn't see myself doing that. Which like I also said, I never had the opportunity to play at UF either or be offered a crazy amount of NIL money. I don't blame anyone for doing what they're doing. I would def feel bad about it if I'm a Tulane fan, or another school that's losing a player under the hypothetical I laid out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.