Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Twitter Updates 2022

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by tommyvee, Jan 6, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scooterp

scooterp GC Hall of Fame

Feb 15, 2012
    Yes. But he’s been mainly a career back up since. Not that there is anything wrong with that …but definitely not a 1st round talent

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. eastowest

eastowest GC Hall of Fame

May 13, 2007

3. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    24 td’s to 9 int’s his first year as a starter
    16 td’s to 9 int’s his last year in college

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. lizardbreath

lizardbreath GC Hall of Fame

Aug 30, 2017
    Pace, FL
    What bandwagon? I have heard zero serious predictions of AR being a Heisman candidate - certainly not on this board. Anyway, you said something earlier to the effect that there was a fair comparison between the two because neither one had proven he could run the offense before being handed the starting job - so we're no better off than we were last year. Again, that is a SITUATIONAL comparison, not a valid assessment of the relative talent and ceilings of two very different players. You disqualified your own stats breakdown from last year, due to a tiny and inconclusive sample, before then going on to cite them as an argument for "caution." Be as cautious and reserved as you want to be, you're on one end of the spectrum in that area and, clearly, I'm on the other. But one aspect of any comparison of the two QBs must be the capacity to make a big play out of a broken one - or just relentlessly stress a defense with a brilliant skill set. And in those regards, yet again, there is no comparison. JMHO.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    And he took the kneeler’s job

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

The only thing I’m pushing back on is the notion that everybody was as geeked about EJ in the preseason as we are about AR — saying the same things. We weren’t.

I’m also not on the Richardson for Heisman bandwagon yet. He has a lot to prove over the course of several games before that stuff becomes appropriate.

But there’s no denying that AR has already shown a higher ceiling than EJ ever did. We should be fired up about our team and QB without all the negative Nancy’s jumping in with all their “yeah, but” comments that are largely irrelevant.

Go Gators

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. eastowest

eastowest GC Hall of Fame

May 13, 2007

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  8. incoldblood

incoldblood GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2016
    Don’t forget Lil’Tate!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  9. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  10. grant1

grant1 GC Hall of Fame

Nov 10, 2009
    I never said “everybody”, but it seemed like a prevalent notion that EJ was going to excell under the QB whisperer.

Yeah, but I still expect us to beat Utah and UK.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  11. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Peace brother

12. SuperMOM

SuperMOM GC Hall of Fame

Jan 31, 2016
    FTR:

this kid and Buford beat the snot out of Alabama’s Thompson HS tonight. Thompson has Peter Wood and Tony Mitchell.

Thompson was back to back to back champions in Alabamas largest classification. Buford just moved up to 7A this season.

• Informative Informative x 4
  13. gatorpower

gatorpower GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    IIRC, the people I remember being wildly optimistic about EJ assumed 1) we were holding him back to just running, 2) we did not want to hurt his confidence by giving him complex reads, 3) he could run his way out of trouble in ways that Trask could not, and 4) he had a canon and another year with Mullen and the team with a big schedule that could have been promising with everyone replacing their QB1.

Turns out 1) all he was doing was running because that's all he could do, 2) he cannot make complex reads, 3) you cannot run your way out of trouble when they're stacking the box, and 4) turns out being in the system for 3+ years didn't fix any of the aforementioned problems.

We only presumed he was good; that we were seeing a QB forced to play in 1st gear.

AR looked on FIRE last year. He brought things to the game that EJ never even hinted at.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  14. Endless Excuses

Endless Excuses GC Hall of Fame

Jan 13, 2010
    Swampville
    Im raising my hand here. Figured Urbans choice for QB who became Mullens guy later pretty much guaranteed he would be the real deal here. Admitting I was brutally wrong and he was nothing more than a more shifty brain farting Felipe Franks. AR though is a freaking specimen who you can see other wordly talent and touch combined with 240 lbs and break away speed and athleticism. Does he have it upstairs though...we shall see. If that answer is yes then you have the overall number 1 pick in next years NFL draft to watch every Saturday this season and what will likely be a very good year to look forward to...

• Like Like x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  15. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    I thought EJ was going to excell but I realized very quickly it wasn’t so. I never however expected Wueffelhouse to open

Last edited: Aug 19, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Yeah back then it was all about Touchdown Terry Dean

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. tommyvee

tommyvee GC Hall of Fame

May 16, 2007
    Hope he can just play football and have fun.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    I loooove how quick AR’s release is

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 5
  19. igabradley

igabradley GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Chattahoochee
    When you watched them warm up throwing the ball you wondered how would Danny ever get on the field with that motion. Then when on the field after a mistake when they were getting screamed at by Spurrier, one of them melted and the other took it in stride as coaching. He was the one that won the 2nd Heisman btw......

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017

• Informative Informative x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.