Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Twitter Updates 2022

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by tommyvee, Jan 6, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g0ggles

g0ggles Senior

Sep 8, 2012
    Norfolk, Virginia

Agreed... still more known then Napier. Texas is still Texas, Sark can point to USCw/NFL experience/Bama. Miami can still point to NFL players.... Mario can pull Herbert out his a$$, he's an alum, it's south Florida, and include the NiL opportunities being thrown at these kids possibly.

Napier doesn't have a QB he can point to as evidence of development. He can highlight Louisiana players that have made the league, but they're not known players (the San Fran rb maybe).

Not knocking anyone's concerns regarding recruiting... I'm just not overreacting over June commitments. Let's see how things look in October, after a few games have been played

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
  3. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
  4. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

This scUM madness just has to blow up. They are being far too obvious about pay for play and I can’t imagine even the impotent NCAA ignoring it forever. Even Saban has called out the Aggies, and right now scUM is making that look like small potatoes.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Tampa, FL
    I firmly believe Ruiz is pushing this to the hilt because he ultimately wants litigation, only after he’s bought a top-shelf roster. His ilk is so bad for college ball, imho.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. MCB51

MCB51 Moderator

Nov 23, 2015
    FL
    Wouldn't those "paid for roster" be declared ineligible to play for them then?

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. upstategator

upstategator GC Legend

Nov 1, 2017
    Napier is not known. Again like I’ve stated elsewhere. It’s either lack of funding/ collective not knowing what to do and BN is not going to recruit with these guys. My guess is it’s a combo of the two.

8. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Tampa, FL
    Declared ineligible by who/whom? The NC2A is a useless limp noodle, and he knows it, hence why he’s doing this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. eastowest

eastowest GC Hall of Fame

May 13, 2007
    Going to be a long 9 weeks

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. MCB51

MCB51 Moderator

Nov 23, 2015
    FL
    Isn't the state of Florida in on making the laws that govern NIL in FL...so couldn't the state step in if schools are breaking the law?I am not talking about the NCAA here..but the actual law

• Like Like x 1
  11. garettk

garettk GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2008
    Mayo, FL
    Surprised this hasn’t already been asked. GREAT POINT.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  12. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Hall of Fame

Feb 22, 2017
    Yes. I’m sitting patiently wondering how this will play out. This should be jail time stuff,not just eligibility.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

I understand that SCOTUS took power away from the NCAA (like they had any power to begin with), but there shouldn’t be any laws prohibiting an organization to make rules you either adhere to, or you are deemed ineligible for rewards and awards.

Example: sure Miami you can pay anybody as much as you want - knock yourself out - BUT because you violated rule # x and rule # y, you are ineligible for any conference title, any bowl game, or any shot at a national championship. This should be easy - I don’t buy that they can’t do it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Hall of Fame

Feb 22, 2017
    They do have those rules, but they have no power to investigate the breaking of the rules. You’d think Ruiz bragging on twitter would be enough, but even fbi wire taps are apparently insufficient.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. spike718

spike718 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    The ncaa has stated they will not be penalizing players for breaking NIL rules but penalizing the schools only. What penalties they may impose on a school, don’t know.

scholarship reductions won’t matter as NIL could pay for them
    Bowl bans? Hurts both the school but all players as well
    Recruiting restrictions like no official visits or show cause penalties?

I don’t really know

the ncaa has been hesitant to do anything to infringe on the players with NIL and many here have mentioned they are scared of litigation that would be brought due to penalizing the players.

however, the schools are supposedly still under the ncaa and the ncaa will be less afraid of litigation from the schools vs litigation around players. Still wussies who are afraid of everyone but..I’m guessing they think they like their chances better and putting schools on probation or whatever vs making kids ineligible.

las always, without any real power to get statements and evidence..how can ncaa really prove anything?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. spike718

spike718 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    exactly - said better by you than my prior post

• Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  17. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

And yet every now and then they decide to make an example of somebody - of course the target of their choosing. You can’t trust them to be consistent - or rational - certainly not purposeful. They’re still dangerous- that’s the problem, especially for a school who has been on the receiving end of their ‘selective enforcement of the rules’ and paid a very high price while cheating all around us continued unabated

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. spike718

spike718 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Miami of Ohio better watch out! Lol

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  19. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

The point is, so should we. The precedent has already been established

• Like Like x 1
  20. filamg8torfan

filamg8torfan GC Legend

Mar 17, 2019
    My guess, those lawyers putting the bill now on nil are just setting themselves up when they legalized agents in the college level (HS next).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.