Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Twitter Updates 2022

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by tommyvee, Jan 6, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gatormonk

gatormonk GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. MadduxFanII

MadduxFanII GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    Three-star OT out of Ocala. Offers (according to 247) from Miami, Rutgers, UCONN and FAMU.

3. manigordo

manigordo GC Hall of Fame

New coach at exactly the same time as a new paradigm in recruiting. The times are much too fluid for anyone to claim that things are good or bad. BN asked for patience knowing this was the long game. Football is supposed to be fun, remember? One can enjoy the ride without being naive. On can critique without reminding everyone how smart they were under the old rules with different coaches. Come on Gators!

Opinions are the point here...just don't turn the board into poison.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2022
    • Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  4. MadduxFanII

Apr 10, 2007
    Actually, I was being a little unfair there -- I went deeper into 247 and they also have him with offers from FSU, Georgia Tech, Louisville, Maryland, Missouri, Ole Miss and Tennessee. Not sure why they would put the offers from Miami, Rutgers, UCONN and FAMU on the profile front page and leave the ones from the bigger schools harder to find.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  5. eastowest

eastowest GC Hall of Fame

May 13, 2007
    Might get a half dozen commits between now and next sunday...:emoji_fingers_crossed:

• Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  6. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

247 playing games? Do they have a history of being anti-UF?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. MadduxFanII

Apr 10, 2007
    I doubt it. I suspect it's just bad design. Never attribute to malice that which can be attributed to stupidity and all that.

• Like Like x 2
  8. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    At least one. OL Kinsler's in.

9. gatorzilla91

gatorzilla91 All American

Nov 21, 2014
    Hopefully the staff is putting pressure on people to commit now

• Like Like x 1
  10. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Is the coaches “putting pressure” on recruits the right way to get them to commit right now? I can see applying some pressure in the 11th hour when they’re trying to manage filling the final slots - but pressure to “commit” in June accomplishes nothing you can count on, and may even come across as a turn-off.

As said by many on here, I want kids to commit because they have decided UF is where they want to be. That doesn’t happen because we are so desperate we have to pressure these kids 7 months before they send in their LOI.

We have a whole season to play before NSD. I expect as the games play out this fall the recruiting picture for UF is gonna change a lot - especially because this new staff of ours is still a big unknown to these kids. There are zero guarantees at this point no matter who they may get to verbally commit this week

Go Gators

Last edited: Jun 19, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    Is it really a commit if still taking a visit to Miami?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. DeBigLeezard

DeBigLeezard GC Hall of Fame

Feb 25, 2010
    You better bet that the other schools are laying down the statement that Florida does not have ESTABLISHED coaches and a poor record these last two years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2013
    Right! our recruiting board always pretty much completely changes over the last 4 months from what it started at. And basically with NIL I suppose any player is available up till they ink their LOI if we get desperate enough at the 11th hour and decide to pony up the asking price.

• Like Like x 1
  14. kryptonite

kryptonite GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2008
    As far as I have read Napier does not require recruits to shut down their recruitment like Dabo requires. We are still recruiting a lot more OL, so he is well in his rights to finish visits he already set up. He has loved UF for a long time, so Cristobal isn't going to sway him.

15. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland
    BYE BYE kids who want a payday and play against lesser competition in the ACC then Miami is doing is a favor and is a good filter for the kids we DON'T WANT.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    Pressure and urgency are two different things. I like the urgency of trying to build the class now. Waiting until Nov and Dec is too late.

17. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2013
    To the same, starting to build a class and completing a class are different things. CBN started to build this class the minute he and his army hit the trails, started getting campus visits and accepting commitments, as we have 6 so far. They are putting in the labor, now let's see if it starts to bare fruit. The last few years we've had classes that were pretty much filled early and we've had classes that we scrambled and gambled just to fill spots. So lets try this more calculated and methodical method of CBN and see what that brings. One way ton look at it is, you can't say it doesn't work till it don't. Time will tell.

• Like Like x 1
  18. gatormonk

Apr 3, 2007
    Sigh

19. believer

believer GC Hall of Fame

Jun 2, 2007
    Miami must be cutting some good deals

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. gatormonk