Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Tucker Carlson visits Russia, attends ballet

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by citygator, Feb 4, 2024.

1. vegasfox

vegasfox GC Hall of Fame

Feb 4, 2024
    Bottom line it's not what I like about Putin . The question is why Putin is hated to such a degree by almost all Democrats andany Republicans as well.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. vegasfox

vegasfox GC Hall of Fame

Feb 4, 2024
    Putin endedost of theassive corruption in Russia. Ukraine resembles what Russia would be without Putin (under Yeltsin, for example)

Our CIA visited Zelensky early on and told him not to steal so much US money. He keeps doing it and we want to send him more?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. vegasfox

vegasfox GC Hall of Fame

Feb 4, 2024
    Russia is mo longer communist. Putin neutered the oligarchs. Russia is far more prosperous than Ukraine
    Ukraine is held back by its corruption. The people are very intelligent and hardworking and the country is rich in resources. They needed a Putin to rid their country of corrupt oligarchs like Kolomoisky (who installed Xelensky).

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Agreed, Russia is a totalitarian state with a half assed capatalistic system that allows them to be competitive in Oil and Gas, simply because it is in the ground there.
    I don't pretend to have statistical information nor is it a field of study of mine, but given the gigantic natural resourse advantages of Russia, clearly the corrupt politics of the totalitarians keep the Russian people, as usual, sucking hind tit.

Being in construction I can tell you this, statistics were released about the cost of construction of the Sochi winter Olympics of 2014.
    Costs were 300% higher if compared to bids from contractors in NATO nations to build similar facilities.

Reports I read indicate that 50% of the construction costs of those facilities went to nothing more than palm greasing, political graft and "the cost of doing construction" in Russia.

Regarding Putin and your comments about "getting rid" of Russia Oligarchs, ummmm - what? There are still plenty of those paying Putin his graftmoney for allowing them their job title. I have noticed those people faling off balconies quite frequently these days but that is the Putin system
    of law and order now, isn't it. SMH

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I had an original of that album with the insert. Should have kept it

6. exiledgator

exiledgator Gruntled

Jan 5, 2010
    Maine
    I sure hope this site doesn't get flooded with Russian bots. There's no point in even acknowledging these "posters", and interacting with them would be a waste of time.

I don't want to grow an ignore list and then have to sift through half-conversations with unseen bots.

I also don't want GC to be in a tough spot on the issue. Let's all please, for the love of GC, just ignore these people collectively. They add nothing and only seek to disrupt real discourse.

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
  7. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist

Apr 3, 2007
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    It does beg the question as to how many on line forums are polluted with bots and trolls. Probably more than we would prefer to imagine.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. exiledgator

exiledgator Gruntled

Jan 5, 2010
    Maine
    Totally. Let's not give them the oxygen they need.

New guy is so out to lunch it's absurd. As someone that knows people in Russia and Ukraine (s)he's clearly parroting propaganda. They're not here to discuss anything, just push the agenda of a warring state bent on conquest. On a college sports board, no less. Let's nip them in the bud.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  10. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    Putin is a murderous former KGB agent who likes to throw his opposition off of 10-story balconies, poison them with irradiated tea or lock them away in prison camps.

Anyone who verbally fellates him is either brainwashed or stupid.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Fresno, CA
    Way more than you can imagine. The worst part out is it cuts both ways and deliberately riles up the worst elements of the extremes on both sides. Mostly it is Russia, but China plays a huge role in it as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Oh, yes, no corruption in Russia. The Russian Laundromat is a reference to a very large laundromat in which they clean clothes in Moscow. The Russian mafia, intelligence services, business, and civilian government are all separate entities. You get medium sized potato for today, as the ridiculousness on a forum for mostly college graduates is a bit much to earn you the large potato.

13. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    I wonder how far down the Google search terms you have to get to find Too Hot when you're a Russian bot/troll? Really strange they made it here somehow, to engage with the like 35 active posters here.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. exiledgator

exiledgator Gruntled

Jan 5, 2010
    Maine
    Well, a beachhead had already been established, so probably just hitting small, soft targets between their bigger prey.

Or maybe their niche is sports boards and they're spread across the college and professional message boards.

15. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    A " boiler room" could hit hundreds of sites a day.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    AI probably helps, too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Are you sure Too Hot isn’t the ideological cornerstone of American influence?

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  18. thom1507

thom1507 All American

Oct 13, 2019
    Strange take to compare Carlsen to a former secretary of state, senator, and current member of Biden's white house. Care to provide some info on this? The only two recent Russian trips that had anything to do with Kerry that I could find was in 2021 and 2015. He was the special envoy of the President in 2021, so yea, he was a US government official. In 2015, he was the secretary of state.

19. Trickster

Trickster VIP Member

Sep 20, 2014
    It still boggles my mind that we have Russian sympathizers on this site (and in this country), e.g., the ones who gave you funny emojis.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Trickster

Trickster VIP Member

Sep 20, 2014
    No matter what anyone posts on here, you have some snide, even nonsensical response.