Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Tucker Carlson releases exclusive Jan. 6 footage, says politicians, media lied about Sicknick, 'QAno

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by flgator2, Mar 7, 2023.

1. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    Are you sure about that? His Plea Agreement reflects that he pled to a single count of Obstruction of an Official Proceeding pursuant to 18 U.S.C. s. 1512(c)(2).

https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/case-multi-defendant/file/1430991/download

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. G8tas

G8tas GC Hall of Fame

Sep 22, 2008
    Now you are defending Jacob Chansley? Also, if you believe anything that Tucker Carlson says despite what all court documents show then we have nothing to discuss

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    Here's the problem. Once you lose credibility, as Tucker and Fox have done, you don't get it back easily. Murdoch just admitted they are full of shit and lie for ratings. So maybe there is, in fact, more to the story, as you said. But I won't watch/read/ingest Fox News to find out, because I have no confidence what they are saying is accurate. The video could be doctored, manipulated, taken of of context, fabricated or whatever. Why would anyone believe anything they put out?

I need my news from semi legitimate news sources. And Fox themselves admitted that isn't them.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2023
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    Tucker didn't include this fact in his video, you can't blame his viewers for not knowing anything he doesn't spoonfeed them.

5. Emmitto

Emmitto VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Page one: someone waited over two years for Tucker to tell him what to say and in the next sentence called everyone ELSE "sheeple."

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    Tucker admitted under oath that he knew Biden won.

Just last night on his show, he said Trump really won.

Anyone listening to him is the dictionary definition of a rube.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. jjgator55

jjgator55 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    By their logic Dahmer didn’t do anything wrong, he just has an eating disorder.

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Tucker literally argued in court that he’s an entertainer and shouldn’t be taken as a news man.
    And yet, here we are, again.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    I suppose they can argue that they didn't have all of the videos before, but a ton of footage has been publicly available for a long time. Many of us were even watching this stuff live. I don't recall Tucker and others making these full-throated defenses until after these guys (or at least most of them) had already pled or been convicted. I wonder if they would be circling the wagons if Trump had declared he was not running again? Maybe they feel the need to pettifog and downplay the event in case Trump wins the nomination. Or perhaps it's more about a distraction from the disclosure of the internal communications within Fox News about the election fraud claims.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Easy... ANTIFA posed as these peaceful protestors. What a nice group.. apparently.

11. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Yeah, that's the ticket. The maga folks were peaceful tourists engaging in political discourse. The violent ones were all paid antifa people to make the maga people and their orange god look bad. I hear the Brooklyn Bridge is for sale....

12. slayerxing

slayerxing GC Hall of Fame

Aug 14, 2007
    How in gods green earth do people still believe anything fox “news” tells them? They have openly admitted to lying for ratings many times now…… wth….

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  13. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Yes, it is when that video was not released to the public but only to Tucker Carlson. They were looking for a counter narrative, not truth. And that counter narrative flies in the face of the actual results in the criminal justice system and comes from a person that has openly admitted to lying to you about this sort of stuff to deliver you the narrative that you want.

This is false. If you weren't part of either the violent entry or violence within the building, they gave you a chance to enter a plea to a misdemeanor. Find me a person who hasn't had a trial, is still in jail, and is not charged with a violent crime. I'll wait. But if you can't find one, I'm going to need you to admit you lied about that to keep your credibility on this.

First, Chansley did not plea to assaulting a police officer. He pleaded to obstruction of an official proceeding, which Tucker just showed him doing. Second, if you know so little of his case, why are you trying to defend him by saying things that aren't true? Or do you know and are purposefully not telling the truth?

What lies are those specifically? Let's get down to specifics, not just a counter-narrative to make you feel better. Find a quote that is untrue.

And can you acknowledge that you have been misleading in your post? If that is almost as bad as breaching the Capitol, what does that say about your actions here?

• Winner Winner x 6
  14. obgator

obgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    Tons of video and still they deny what is plainly visible. In too deep to turn back now.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    So none of us actually saw any of what went down that day, gotcha.:rolleyes:

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  17. boligator

boligator All American

Apr 3, 2007
    Trump loves the uneducated!!!!

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. 1990Gator

1990Gator VIP Member

Dec 30, 2013

About as much as the lefties try to convince the country that all the riots and burning of businesses a few summers ago were "mostly peaceful protests"

Equally disgusting.

• Off-topic Off-topic x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  19. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Most of what happened in 2020 were peaceful protests. That is a factual statement. Nobody has suggested that rioting or the burning of businesses is peaceful, just that the vast majority of protests did not involve either riots or the burning of businesses.

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2020/oct/20/erica-chenoweth-and-jeremy-pressman-black-lives-ma/

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. mikemcd810

mikemcd810 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I don't remember anyone here sticking up for the people who did commit crimes and trying to excuse their behavior during the BLM protests. It's not imcorrect to say that they were mostly peaceful in that the vast, vast, majority of people involved in the protests were doing so peacefully, and the comparatively small number of people who looted businesses or started fires should be prosecuted and held accountable.

You could say the same about Jan 6th in that the majority of people did not enter the Capitol building or commit any crime. The difference is that you have posters and politicians defending the Jan 6th individuals who DID commit a crime by excusing/minimizing their behavior and even advocating for pardons.

On the other hand, democratic politicians were not encouraging or condoning any of the violence, looting, or arson. I didn't see any stating that the people who were arrested should receive pardons.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3