Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Trump's Troubles

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by G8trGr8t, Feb 13, 2021.

1. fubar1

fubar1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Jacksonville, FL
    What a weird thread

2. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    No kidding. Who could have ever imagined that someone like Trump would ever be elected president?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  3. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    check likely bounced

4. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. chemgator

chemgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Liz Cheney was listening in on a phone conversation that Trump's legal team was having where they described his plan to have fake electors vote for him in the Electoral College vote. Fortunately, Mike Pence did not cooperate with Trump's plan.

Liz Cheney Reveals 'Dangerous And Chilling' Moment She Overheard Trump's True Plan

• Informative Informative x 4
  6. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    Jack Smith has Trump's texts trying to incite violence in Michigan during the vote count to try and stop it.

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. fubar1

fubar1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Jacksonville, FL
    Who would imagine there’d be a thread of grown men wasting copious amounts of time obsessed with compiling a running list of notes on a person they hate.

There’s a condition for that.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    The post omitted a number of significant qualifying statements with respect to the said person. Among them he is is running for election to the highest office in the United States, following his defeat in an election when he ran for a second term for said office for the first time in American history he refused to accede to the peaceful transfer of power and attempted to orchestrate (a fortunately failed) coup d'état, he has been indicted for multiple crimes including the said failed coup, and last but certainly not least he has promised that if elected he will weaponize the government against his perceived enemies once again circumventing constitutional norms and will employ one overriding criterion in selecting advisors and subordinates that of personal loyalty to him.

There is a term for that, it's called concern for the future of the United States as a Constitutional Republic.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    You don't think a list of legal concerns involving someone running for the presidency of the United States is noteworthy? Weird.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  10. WC53

WC53 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2015
    Old City
    Liz for 3

11. fubar1

fubar1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Jacksonville, FL
    Thank you for further confirming my point.

12. Sohogator

Sohogator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 22, 2012
    Yeah well it’s not TDS. That’s a malady of the GOP. Speaking for myself I suffer from fealty to truth, justice and the American way. All lacking on team Trump.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    link? texts to whom? I would be surprised if Trump actually texted anybody. He is well known for not writing anything down or using email

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    called concern for our democracy and the rule of law. perhaps those things are not of interest to you

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    He did slip up a bit more with the 1/6 stuff though (including the Georgia phone call, which is about as incriminating as it gets).

This text in question is not from Trump. It’s between a Trump campaign staffer and a campaign lawyer discussing using a riot to disrupt the vote counting in Michigan. So I guess the question is if the person is a co-defendant, or if it’s someone that cooperated about where these criminal orders were coming from. Seems to me for something like that to be truly damning would require the principles in that conversation to point the finger at Trump, otherwise of course his defense will be it was a rogue staffer/lawyer.

16. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    He's a slavish fan boy of that person so it's really not shocking.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Considering that my point was that the frequent mentions of Trump are based on the concern that his election could result in the end of the US as a constitutional republic it surprises me that you agree with my analysis. I originally thought that your implicit point was that concern with Trump is an irrational obsession. I'm genuinely surprised that you apparently (although probably unintentionally) agree with my post that there are multiple rational reasons for concern regarding Trump.

• Like Like x 1
  18. fubar1

fubar1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Jacksonville, FL
    How far along are you in treatment?

19. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    yep. Seems damning if admitted. Smith used it in a court filing indicating he intends to introduce it as evidence and to date he has not said or done frivolous things particularly as regards to his cases and the court system.

https://michiganadvance.com/2023/12...detroit-to-try-and-subvert-the-2020-election/

https://thehill.com/regulation/cour...cial-counsel-trump-2020-election-case-motive/
    Prosecutors also plan to show evidence gathered about other Trump associates, including the encouraging of riots at a Detroit vote-counting center and the targeting of a Republican National Committee attorney who countered Trump’s claims of fraud.

“The Campaign Employee encouraged rioting and other methods of obstruction when he learned that the vote count was trending in favor of the defendant’s opponent,” the filing says of a campaign employee who sought to mobilize riots at the TCF Center after President Biden took the lead in vote counts.

“Thereafter, Trump made repeated false claims regarding election activities at the TCF Center, when in truth his agent was seeking to cause a riot to disrupt the count.”

Jan. 6 attack was 'exactly' what Trump intended, special counsel claims in court filing
    Special counsel Jack Smith, in a court filing Tuesday, detailed additional evidence he plans to introduce at the trial of former President Donald Trump on charges of unlawfully trying to overturn the results of the 2020 election, including evidence of Trump's alleged state of mind as his supporters attacked the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6.

"This evidence shows that the rioters' disruption of the certification proceeding is exactly what the defendant intended on January 6," Smith said in the filing.

Smith revealed to the judge that “on November 4, 2020,” a Trump Campaign “employee exchanged a series of text messages with an attorney supporting the Campaign’s election day operations at the TCF Center in Detroit, where votes were being counted. In the messages, the Campaign Employee encouraged rioting and other methods of obstruction when he learned that the vote count was trending in favor of Trump’s opponent."

20. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I recognize reality. If you do not recognize the danger represented by Trump you are apparently suffering from the syndrome described in this paper and are the one who needs treatment.
    Tenacity of attachment to a cult leader: a psychiatric perspective - PubMed
    The author describes the attitudes of these and other devotees who submitted to the irrational guru. The leader's radical teachings, his purported closeness to God, and his embodiment of a countercultural ideal of freedom appeared to be factors that bolstered his overwhelming authority in his followers' lives. The devotees used denial, rationalization, and other defensive operations to maintain the fantasy that the leader was acting for their benefit.
    Although the paper was not about MAGA nation (it concerns a much smaller cult) the characteristics described in the paper are also very applicable to Trump and his followers.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1