Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Trump's Troubles

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by G8trGr8t, Feb 13, 2021.

1. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    I haven’t either, candid. But summary judgment orders are not “scary”, and there is no credible information that I have read that the judge decided to just enter an order of this magnitude because he’s a Leftie dolt. The judge reviewed significant (expand very expensive) legal briefs, filled with documentary evidence, no to mention carefully sculpted legal arguments by both sides. He doesn’t rule in a vapid vendetta.

I get that people don’t want to believe the media. But the actual legal motions, and order, are public documents. You can get them and review them yourself. I think you’d be stunned at the information and arguments presented to the Court by both sides.

Edit: Now I’ve read the SJ Order, thanks to @AzCatFan, and the Order is only “scary” of you’re someone making a living working for the Trump Organization.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2023
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  2. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Here's the full text to the summary judgement. It's probably great reading if you need a cure for insomnia, but if anyone wants to plow through it, more power to them. Summary judgements are rare, but do happen. Again, how does and can Trump defend literally having two sets of books; one he used to secure loans and lower rates, and one he used for government tax purposes to lower his tax burden? How does Trump defend property evaluations over 100X county assessor evaluations? The answer is, he can't, and as the Judge states, this is the real world, and not Trump's world.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Sohogator

Sohogator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 22, 2012
    I bet you own a gun. But seriously how do you manage to get through life so uninformed?
    Troubling.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Scary in the sense " that if they can execute Ted Bundy they can execute you too"? Talk about failed logic.

5. surfn1080

surfn1080 Premium Member

Sep 26, 2008
    You don’t find anything wrong with potentially closing a massive corporation over a fraud case based on absolutely no expert witnesses? The craziest part is it doesn’t take a real estate expert to know that you don’t use a Florida property appraiser value for what a property is worth.

6. Sohogator

Aug 22, 2012
    By no definition of the word is Trump org massive except for the fraud it has perpetuated over the decades. It’s a criminal enterprise and is being rightfully dissolved.

Sorry this makes you sad. Perhaps you could donate to Trump to help him through this difficult time.
    LOL
    As for the rest of the nonsense you posted, you don’t need to repeatedly tell us you don’t know what you’re talking about. We got it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. coleg

coleg GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2011
    "Trump might think Mar-a-Lago is worth $1.8 billion, but in 2020, his own company said the Palm Beach appraiser was right. That year, the county valued Mar-a-Lago at $27 million."
    This begs the question, why then did the Trump org. agree with the valuation? Hint: think taxes. This is exactly the two sets of books fraud the judge ruled upon.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Sohogator

Aug 22, 2012
    Actually he argued the valuation was too high..

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. surfn1080

surfn1080 Premium Member

Sep 26, 2008
    yes, we are taxed on whatever value they come up with. Who wouldn't agree with the county on that considering its lower than market value?? lmao...

Anyhow welcome to the grown-up table. It would be very difficult for you to find a property's true market value at what the property appraiser gave it.

10. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Some people, when they are absolutely, totally and completely lost, actually stop and ask for directions. Others plow ahead.

Pedal to the metal, Surf.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  11. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    It happened to Enron among others and they really were massive with over 20,000 employees (vs trump’s 12) and they were shut down because of accounting fraud.

From the Wiki account:

At the end of 2001, it was revealed that Enron's reported financial condition was sustained by an institutionalized, systematic, and creatively planned accounting fraud

The scandal also affected the greater business world by causing, together with even larger fraudulent bankruptcy WorldCom, the dissolution of the Arthur Andersen accounting firm, which had been Enron and WorldCom's main auditor for years.[2]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2023
  12. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    The amount of evidence is overwhelming and apparent. He literally kept two separate sets of books to defraud the lenders and the taxing agencies

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. BossaGator

BossaGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    Arlington, VA
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  14. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    He's the one that went down to Coffee Co and accessed the voting machines iirc. If he implicates someone above him - Rudy? Sidney Kraken, Esq?

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Sohogator

Aug 22, 2012
    Gag order coming? How bout prison. Any other person would be. Trump is engendering /enabling so much hate I am starting to feel someone will act on it. Lock him up.
    Jack Smith Seeks Gag Order On Trump For Claiming Milley Committed ‘Treason’ and Suggesting He Should Be Executed

The filing cites a Sept. 22 post by Trump on his Truth Social platform stating that Ret. Gen. Mark Milley, the former chair of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, committed treason and that “in times gone by,” he would have been put to death.

Milley is a witness in Trump’s D.C. criminal case, where the former president is under indictment for attempting to overturn the 2020 presidential election. The general served under Trump at the time.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Sohogator

Aug 22, 2012
    Trump missed his calling as a park ranger. Several years ago he came up with a “jenius” idea to stop wildfires in CA namely “rake your forests”.. today he’s got an even better idea “dampen your floors”. When he rots in jail the best thing about it is I’ll never hear him speak again. It will be if he’s dead.

Trump Offers Californians a Solution For Wildfires: ‘Dampen Your Forests’

17. surfn1080

surfn1080 Premium Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Was that part of this summary judgement? Again I didn’t read any of it. From what I understand this one was based on Trumps misrepresentation of the value.

18. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    A sprinkler system! Works for a lawn, there’s no reason it wouldn’t work on all public land.
    Sometimes, tbe simplest and best solutions are overlooked by the so-called “experts.”

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    If the polls are right, he is the ideal GOP candidate.

20. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    There are different values when loans are applied for. Banks use different values. F it example, market value, liquidation (value), use (business related property). The findings against Trump are based, in part, on things like lying about square footage (value per square foot inflated) and other factors that go into all of those values.