Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Trump's Troubles

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by G8trGr8t, Feb 13, 2021.

1. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    You say shit like, "We all know there will be riots and burning of cities and you all will be right there cheering on the criminals and lawlessness, you know, like the criminal you guys are trying to put in jail for life?" and you deserve every negative rating available. How dare you?

• Like Like x 1
  2. gtr2x

gtr2x GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    I will bet he gets convicted but never spends a day in jail due to who he is. If you or I had committed the same felonies we would already be in jail.

As for the Georgia charges, the stupid part is that even if Georgia had "found" the needed votes to give him the state, he would have still lost the election. Trump whining about Georgia results probably cost the Republicans at least 1 senate seat in that state. It's never about the party or the country, just what's good for djt.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    this should be fun.

the entire legal industry owes a debt of thanks for DT bilking so much out of his faithful just to give to the lawyers

Florida lawyer files legal challenge to disqualify Trump from 2024 presidential race (msn.com)

Alawyer from Palm Beach County has filed one of the first legal challenges to disqualify Donald Trump from the 2024 presidential race under a clause in the U.S. Constitution's 14th Amendment.

Boynton Beach tax attorney Lawrence Caplan filed the challenge in federal court in the Southern District of Florida citing the amendment's "disqualification clause" for those who engage in insurrections and rebellion against the United States. The amendment was ratified in 1868 after the Civil War, during Reconstruction, and also addressed the citizenship status of freed slaves and the re-integration of the defeated Confederate states back into the Union.

Applying the 14th Amendment's disqualification rule to Trump has been a rising talking point this month. Legal scholars, including from conservative corners, have advocated for it. And state elections officials have conceded they are having discussions about how they would respond if a challenge is lodged

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    I read the House January 6 Committee Report. Heavily footnoted and supported by citations to transcripts of witness testimony. The attempt to submit fake electors under certificates of authenticity is about as clear as it can get. You made the statements that both sides did this- I asked for an example and you had none. Almost all the witnesses are Republicans. This has nothing to with politics.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 2
  6. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Because of course they are. Which camp do they want to ship her off to?
    Isn't their blind loyalty to their orange god just adorable?

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Only Trump co-defendant being held in jail: ‘I showed up before the president’ (msn.com)

Interesting story about the only Trump co-conspirator being held without bail. The judge called him a flight risk and pointed to the fact that he was facing other charges for attacking the FBI agents who delivered his subpoena.

His role in the conspiracy was trying to threaten a poll worker, who was already be harassed by the Trump worshippers, into giving a false statement incriminating herself.

"According to an affidavit in that case, Floyd attacked a pair of FBI special agents who served him with a federal grand jury subpoena at his Maryland home for special counsel Jack Smith's election probe.

The affidavit says Floyd body slammed one of the agents as they were leaving and repeatedly bumped him while yelling expletives at him. He was charged with assaulting a federal officer.

"I do find that based on the open charge against you there are grounds for bond to be denied at this point,” Richardson said. “So I’m going to go ahead and find that you are at risk to commit additional felonies and a potential risk to flee the jurisdiction.”

• Informative Informative x 3
  8. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 4
  9. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Considering the GOP isn’t much more than an organized crime money laundering ring at this point, it’s about the least shocking move ever.

Maybe Jordan or one of the GA politicians is hoping to be “rewarded” like this guy!? (whose sole job in congress, was also seemingly to interfere with any investigations into Trump). What’s he up to these days?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2023
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  10. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    another prominent pub finally saying the obvious...good on him, but way too late. I would think that the pub candidates in Iowa would be blasting this clip from the rooftops

“We don’t have a right to take top secret information to our home” – GOP lawmaker slams Trump for allegedly taking secret information (msn.com)

Don Bacon, a lawmaker from Nebraska and a House Armed Service Committee member, spoke on NBC’s “Meet The Press.” Bacon said about alleged classified documents found during the Mar-a-Lago investigation, “We don’t have a right to take top secret information to our home.”

Speaking about allegations from the federal indictment against Trump, Bacon told NBC, “You don’t show our attack plans on Iran to people who are not clear or documents that talk about our nuclear technology or where our intelligence resources are located throughout the world.”

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    How long before we get the whining about how unfair that is?

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    I Wonder whether that was a compromise date to Trump’s request for a 2 year delay?

13. rtgator

rtgator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    FB_IMG_1632225425700.jpg

• Funny Funny x 4
  14. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    fast as possible for them not to have grounds for appeal due to insufficient time to prepare and leaving a little room to move it up a month every time DT says something against her orders?

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    correction, jury selection will begin on that date.

16. WC53

WC53 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2015
    Old City
    Anybody else think Ga gets out lawyered?

17. tampajack1

tampajack1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I’ll go with Georgia.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    Maga judge jeanine actually makes a good point….

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  19. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    perfect. wonder why other pub candidates aren't using this clip

20. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    My guess is they're still afraid of alienating supporters of the Orange One although it wouldn't surprise me if Chris Christie or Asa Hutchinson use the clip.