Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Trump's Troubles

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by G8trGr8t, Feb 13, 2021.

1. gatorchamps0607

gatorchamps0607 Always Rasta VIP Member

Aug 14, 2007
    Gallatin, TN
    Ok one more because I cant help myself when I get going with people like y'all...

Is Orange and Bluke the only contrary voice you guys hear around here now? Since I've been away you pushed out more? Insufferable... lmfao, nothing changes.

upload_2023-8-25_7-55-9.png

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. enviroGator

enviroGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    Yep, that is exactly what the half you keep going on about is doing.

I agree 100% it is very sad that that 50% are so brainwashed that they think they are the ones who are being attacked. Trump and crew tried to steal our vote from us. We have every right to be pissed, but for some reason, it is you who are aggrieved.

But there is one guy who is really really happy for what is going on. And that is Putin. Investing in Trump has had a great ROI for him having managed to get the Right on the verge of Civil War.

3. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    upload_2023-8-25_8-57-56.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 2
  4. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Of course nobody here has seen *all* of the evidence in GA, but we did hear Trump on tape discussing finding him votes. That was a person from Trumps own party that recorded that, and knew it was a crime (he likely recorded it because he knew exactly what was coming or had already been pressed on “finding votes”).

I think most of the details of the “RICO” stuff is new to people, several of these people I had never heard of before, and honestly i don’t think I care enough to dig too much into each individual. But the general idea about the fake electors schemes are not news, Trump people attempted that fraud in several states. There are fake electors being charged in other states as well for submitting fraudulent documents, but because of that phone call and some of the other activities there is more evidence in GA that it was a scheme orchestrated from the White House.

Do you think people who commit fraud should be prosecuted? Like… you are ok with the fake electors in Michigan being charged? But not in Georgia? Or is it just that you think Trump shouldn’t be charged despite the glaring evidence against him?

Last edited: Aug 25, 2023
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    It is a nasty precedent. You know what else is a nasty precedent? The US President knowingly lying to the American People and the World that our elections were untrustworthy, and that he won. It’s a frightfully bad precedent to allow our leader to knowingly sew distrust in the very fabric of our democratic way of government, solely to appease his ego. It’s a really bad precedent to allow that President to use the government to endeavor to literally steal an election by contriving as scheme, and then executing on that scheme, to stop the transfer of power. It's a horrendously bad precedent to allow anyone to interfere with our electoral process.

It would be an epic failure to the rule of law to allow Trump to go unpunished for the criminal acts that have threatened our very way of democratic government.

Donald Trump handed those who lack an ounce of integrity to playbook to try and literally steal an election. For example, Kari Lake loses, so she claims fraud.

This is not about Donald Trump, although everything in this universe revolves around him, according to him. This is about preserving democracy and ensuring that no politician ever tried to copy the playbook of lying about election fraud and the sanctity of the vote. They will all know that we. As a people will enforce the law and hold those who try and usurp power accountable.

• Winner Winner x 6
  6. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    I’m going to guess that you haven’t reviewed any evidence that was collected by the January 6 Commission. I’m not talking about their conclusions, I know you’ll take the position it was partisan. I’m talking about Trump’s internal emails. I’m talking about the testimony from Trump’s inner circle. Hard evidence that you can review and independently make up your mind (although much of it is so straight forward that it’s not a close call).

These cases are not about free speech. These cases are about criminal actions, most made behind the scenes, in a direct and deliberate effort to steal an election decided by the American voters.

Here’s the link, which provides literally all the collected evidence.

Select January 6th Committee Final Report and Supporting Materials Collection

• Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    When I see and hear people say, “You haven’t seen the evidence,” it blows my mind. A massive amount of real evidence has long since been collected. And it is available to anyone. I get that MAGAs don’t want to believe the indictments, and don’t trust the media (because Trump told them it was all lies). But evidence is there, easily available.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    The evidence is out there whether on the J6 website or the indictments that Jack Smith has released. No one is "taking CNN's word for it."

Also, the feds always have aces up their sleeves when they indict someone. It will get worse for Trump and company, not better.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    Even assuming he is convicted and loses his appeals, I am confident he will never spend a single night in jail. He will be too old and there would be too many security concerns. Some have speculated that if a former president were ever incarcerated, the secret service still wouldn't leave his side. I don't know how that would even work but find it highly unlikely we will find out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Sohogator

Sohogator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 22, 2012
    This is the biggest steaming pile of crap I’ve had the displeasure of reading today (the day is young). It’s up there with the civil war thread. You live a rich delusional life. No one when push comes to shove, gives a crap about trump. When it comes to getting off their lard asses and bar stools it’s a hard pass. They’ll give their money avidly, watch on faux news and bitch on stormfront, but they writ large are lethargic, elderly poorly educated, bigots and morons. 10’s of protesters showed up in Georgia. 10’s!. Similarly no one showed in NYC, Miami, Mar a Lago or at the Georgia courthouse.

these clowns with guns are most likely to shot them selves in their rice dicks. Anyone who pokes their head out will get steamrolled .

Not worried one whit about Trumpaloons except for their outside political influence in local and state politics. Even there they’re getting rolled (see abortion votes)..

Last edited: Aug 25, 2023
  11. Sohogator

Sohogator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 22, 2012
    Speaking for myself I don’t suffer fools. There are still many here but most rotate on and off my ignore list.

12. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Shades of Nixon's "if the president does it, it's not illegal."

Fox News' legal analyst Gregg Jarrett:

https://www.mediamatters.org/larry-...-donald-trump-has-immunity-overturn-elections

13. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
  14. jeffbrig

jeffbrig GC Hall of Fame

Aug 7, 2007
    What a ridiculous straw man argument. Nothing Trump did was about unraveling or uncovering fraudulent votes. In fact, he was the one ASKING people to put in fraudulent votes. "Find me some votes" in Georgia. And organizing fake sets of electors in multiple states.

Just throwing more stuff at the wall to see what sticks with the faux news crowd. I don't know how these people can look at themselves in the mirror at night.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  15. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    ML house arrest seems most likely scenario. Maybe build him a cell at Camp David? sad that he would get that kind of preferential treatment after all the felonies he has committed. there will certainly be a long list of medical ailments for his 6'3 215 lb self that no prison could address when his appeals run out and sentence is passed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    I think at worst, he'd get the Goodfellas treatment with very special accommodations. But instead of them slicing garlic for the sauce, preparing lobster, and listening to good music over wine, Trump would be listening to the J6 chorus on repeat and pounding down Bic Macs. Absolutely no way for a real gangster to live.

[​IMG]

17. tripsright

tripsright GC Legend

Dec 2, 2021
    Florida
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. tripsright

tripsright GC Legend

Dec 2, 2021
    Florida
    :confused:

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. tripsright

tripsright GC Legend

Dec 2, 2021
    Florida
    Ie: “I have no reasonably logical defense of my position, so I’m moving along. Back to the future!”

• Like Like x 1
  20. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist

Apr 3, 2007
    While the documents case seems black and white to me, I’m actually a little bit sympathetic of this criticism of election case, where depending on the details we may have a situation where the government is trying to be the arbiter of truth penalizing Trump for his beliefs.

That said, I agree with you that even if everyone agrees with me that Trump, the person, is allowed to believe anything he wants, Trump, the president, is not allowed to do whatever he wants. Each of his actions in this case might be just enough on the edge that he is found not guilty on any charge. Fine with me. But to suggest that any of us knows enough to suggest that he shouldn’t even stand trial is arrogant and dangerous. These prosecutors are vested with the power to bring charges when they feel they have warrant, and that’s what’s happening here. This is how the system works.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1