Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Trump's Troubles

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by G8trGr8t, Feb 13, 2021.

1. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    What a powerful quote and honestly my sentiment 100%.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  2. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Suddenly this afternoon everyone on a CNN panel that's following the trial is calling him Pecker. I guess a memo went out telling everyone to stop with the "David" silliness. And they are all keeping straight faces.

3. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    lot of uncomfortable people in them pews, as they should be

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Pecker spews the dirt on Trump...bah dum dum....

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. higator85

higator85 All American

May 20, 2020
    His childhood must have been tough..

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    lol, so true. think about it, djt couldn't get hired at chick-fil-a or Wawa with his record but people willing to vote for him for potus...smdh

pubs against trump getting engaged. I like it

How Toxic Is Trump? Republican Group's Hidden Camera Reveals Uncomfortable Truth (msn.com)

“If Trump is too big of a liability to get a job at your local mall, he is too big of a liability to be president of the United States,” the voiceover says in the new video from Republican Voters Against Trump, which will air on Fox News, among other places.

The video features a job-seeker explaining his troubled past to prospective retail employers. “I’m currently facing 88 felonies,” he explains, adding that the charges include retention of classified information and falsifying business documents. He also mentions being found liable for sexual assault. “We run a full background,” one manager tells him, adding bluntly: “It won’t go through.”
    The group said the spot will air nationally during “Morning Joe” on MSNBC and “Fox & Friends” on Fox News as well as digitally in the swing states of Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, and is part of an ongoing $50 million ad campaign against Trump.

Republican Voters Against Trump has also been running spots featuring rank-and-file GOP voters explaining why they can’t support the former president ― and why they plan to vote for President Joe Biden instead.

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Didn’t think of this one.

• Funny Funny x 7
  8. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    So wild that he is still the GOP pick for president.

• Agree Agree x 6
  9. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    Farcical : "...you just described the crime..."

Jesse Watters seems to have accidentally told viewers what Donald Trump allegedly did wrong in the hush money case.

“His lawyer paid Stormy and, after the campaign was over, the money was reimbursed and booked as a legal expense,” the Fox News host said Monday, hours after opening statements were delivered at the former president’s historic trial.

“Umm...well...hmm...you know you just described the crime. I don’t understand what you don’t understand about what you just said,” former Republican National Committee Chair Michael Steele wrote, sharing a clip of the moment on X.

'You Just Described The Crime': Jesse Watters' Trump Defense Doesn't Go So Well

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. ATLGATORFAN

ATLGATORFAN Premium Member

Aug 10, 2015
    I actually agree with this. That’s what happens when you put a stready stream of terrible candidates. Bush was meh. McCain and Romney agree with pelosi more than they agree with constituents that voted for them. As stated I’m more socially libertarian and fiscally conservative. There hasn’t been any fiscal conservatism in the WH since JFK. TIC sorta. Some have just grown tired of milquetoast rep candidates and here we are. Right now I might even vote for a Joe Lieberman type. Love Ron and Rand

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  11. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    Rand is another Putin puppet.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    is the fact that djt claimed the fees as business expense what made the scheme illegal? is that what meets the "unlawful means" in the second crime that makes the first one a felony?

A secret pact at Trump Tower helped kill bad stories in 2016 (msn.com)

Under New York state law, falsifying business records is a misdemeanor, unless it is done to further or conceal another crime. Then it can be charged, as it was in Trump’s case, as a felony. Since indicting Trump, prosecutors have often been vague about what, exactly, was the underlying crime that was allegedly being concealed or furthered.

In court Tuesday, Steinglass said the statute in question is state election law 17-152 — conspiracy to promote or prevent an election. That law makes it a misdemeanor when two or more people “conspire to promote or prevent the election of any person to a public office by unlawful means.”

13. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    reading this makes me more convinced that djt will be found guilty on the classified docs case too. the evidence is just overwhelming and he ignored those around him who told him to return the boxes to avoid indictment. I don't see Jared and Ivanka lying about these discussions and risk being charged. Imagine Ivanka testifying that she told dad that the records were not his to keep and he ignored her.

'A traitor': Trump trolled as unsealed filings reveal he was warned about returning classified documents (msn.com)

The witness claimed that they repeatedly urged Trump to return those records that the National Archives was requesting at the time, saying that it 'was not worth all that aggravation'.

The former president "sometimes needed to be messaged the same thing from multiple people close to him," the witness added, stating that they had advised Trump's children to issue the same warning.

The witness stated he had informed Trump's children, "There are issues with the boxes. They belong to the government, talk to your dad and about giving them back."

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    I think this is the easiest of the all the cases for the prosecution. The biggest challenge in the classified document case is the judge, and jury pool.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. NavyGator93

NavyGator93 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2015
    Georgia
    Trump's got 99 problems.........

16. ATLGATORFAN

ATLGATORFAN Premium Member

Aug 10, 2015
    so this case revolves around a felony charge that he wanted to bury a story that would hurt him politically and not just personally embarrassing ? Because otherwise it’s a misdemeanor ?

17. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I believe if he had paid for it himself there wouldn't be any charges. Because he used company money, fiddled with the books to hide that he used company money, and was doing it to avoid being hurt politically is what elevates it to a felony charge.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    Multiple stories. And any upcoming stories. It was, according to yesterdays testimony anyways, a criminal conspiracy to do these things regularly.

With the payment issues also, of course.

19. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Im not an attorney. I can't rephrase what the prosecutor already stated.

as a juror, my question would be what unlawful means were used to influence the election.

if the law says using funds improperly tagged for taxes meets the requirement for unlawful means, he is guilty and it is a felony by the law.

there is no doubt that he falsified the claim and knew it was payoff money and that the payoff was intended to help his election.

it seems that if he paid the bill out of pocket, not via "unlawful means", no election fraud charge and therefore no felony. once again, the tax code bites the man trying to cheat it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1