Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Trump's Troubles

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by G8trGr8t, Feb 13, 2021.

1. Bazza

Bazza Moderator

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    OK thanks....:emoji_bicyclist:

IMG_5066.JPG

2. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Lol... name the crime?

3. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Read the charge sif you want to know. But nothing djt does is a crime to his faithful, the entire world, except Putin and Xi, are out to get him and ergo out to get you because he is just like you, a commoner with the big gubmnt boot on his poor, hard working throat.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  4. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    A little humor break

• Funny Funny x 6
  5. Gator515151

Gator515151 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 4, 2007
    My point is me or you would have never been questioned about a claim Stormy made, nobody would have cared. Therefore none of the rest of it would have ever happened. It is why it is called a witch hunt. Ever since Trump got into politics it has been throw a bunch of stuff against the wall and see if we can find something that sticks.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  6. G8tas

G8tas GC Hall of Fame

Sep 22, 2008
    For some reason I thought you cared for law and order. Apparently not

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007

• Funny Funny x 5
  8. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    I fail to understand how this would satisfy the bond requirements if the account is still under control of djt.

who determines what is a "cash equivalent"? Can he dump a few million shares of his media stock in and call it a cash equivalent?

and then they trust the trump corporation to make sure the account stays funded? really?

Details of How Trump Scored $175M Bond Revealed in Court Filings (msn.com)

“The $175 million bond is collateralized by $175,304,075.95 in cash held in a Charles Schwab account pledged to KSIC, and KSIC has the right to exercise control over that account,” the company and Trump’s lawyers said in a joint memorandum.

His eldest known son, Don Jr., signed off on the deal on behalf of the Donald J. Trump Revocable Trust last month, granting Knight a security interest over the brokerage account.

The insurance company now has a “first priority lien and security interest” on whatever money is stored in that account. The Trump trust will be required to ensure it contains “no less than $175 million in cash or cash equivalents at all times,” according to the memorandum.

The Schwab account in question appears to be different from another Schwab account Trump put up as collateral when he secured a $92 million bond through Chubb’s Federal Insurance Co. in his federal rape defamation case.

9. higator85

higator85 All American

May 20, 2020
    Trump appears more alert today

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Twitter is having fun today

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    There are some distinctions IMO but at least worth pointing out that John Edwards was charged and prosecuted - not to mention the amount of time and money Ken Starr spent going after Bill Clinton for his affair with Lewinsky.

• Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  12. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Letitia James Is Hunting for Evidence of Trump Perjury (msn.com)

"Defendants' argument boils down to the proposition that the Court is powerless to determine if a fraud was committed upon it during the course of two separate proceedings because discovery is now closed," he wrote.

Wallace wrote that if the court was to accept the Trump team's arguments, that would mean a judge could not investigate perjury that occurred during a trial "even when a named Defendant admits to having committed perjury during the discovery process and subsequent trial."

Wallace added that more documents are required from The Trump Organization.

"The potential failure to properly produce documents in a legal proceeding relevant to the valuation of Mr. Trump's triplex plainly falls...within the power of this Court to safeguard the integrity of its own proceedings," Wallace wrote.

13. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Hmm, interesting theory. Let's test it. Stormy Daniels made a claim about her former lawyer, Michael Avenatti. Did the police question him? Was he convicted on the basis of that claim of a crime?

Also, as another reminder, this trial is primarily based on the claims, backed by documents, of Trump's former attorney from when he entered his guilty plea for committing crimes.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    I like this judge. surprised the prosecutor didn't ask for stiffer penalty.

make him post $1M bond to be forfeited next time he violates the order with a rider declaring that each subsequent violation will increase the bond 10x and if he can't fund the bond he will be incarcerated without access to digital devices for the duration of the trial.

"No more games": Legal experts says judge already put "out of control" Trump's lawyers on notice (msn.com)

The adjustment process will no doubt be difficult. On Monday, Judge Juan Merchan, who is overseeing the first ever prosecution of a former president, made it abundantly clear to Trump and his legal team that it will be he and the New York criminal justice system calling the shots from here on out.

Particularly striking was an exchange Monday afternoon between Merchan and Trump lawyer Todd Blanche. Prosecutors had drawn attention to Trump’s social media posts attacking his former personal attorney Michael Cohen and adult film star Stormy Daniels, the woman whose silence he is accused of illicitly buying off with a $130,000 payment ahead of the 2016 election. Trump, his attorney argued, had fired off the posts in question because they had disparaged him first.

Merchan, who earlier prohibited such attacks on witnesses, instructed Blanche to come back with a written argument as to why Trump shouldn’t be held in contempt (prosecutors want the posts deleted and the former president fined).

“When you respond, direct me to any portion of the original gag order or the subsequent gag order that says there is an exception to the gag order if Mr. Trump feels he is being attacked,” Merchan said, as reported by Business Insider. “I don’t recall inserting that anywhere in either gag order.”

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Watch this. The second page of the bond they filed goes to a different bond.

16. enviroGator

enviroGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    So because we wouldn't have been asked, it is ok if Diaper Don commits crimes?

17. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Let’s see if it’s really the witch hunt against Trump that you think: (a) Stormy Daniels breaks the news bout the payout ( at the cost and expense of breaking her confidentiality clause), (b) Trump calls her a liar, (c) her lawyer - an unabashed and very loud OPPONENT of Trump, ends his career in disgrace for extorting Nike and is in prison (conflicts with witch hunt); (d) Government has a complaint that Trump falsified his campaign funding, and looks to investigate, and Trump points the finger at his lawyer, Cohen, who goes to prison, losing his license, FOR TRUMP. Ultimately, it is shown ( and to be tried) that Trump directed the falsified “campaign” expense, and he — like Cohen before him — will stand trial.

Maybe you’re right that nobody would have cared if it wasn’t Trump (or someone like him with such a high-profile). But it is Trump, and the fact that it’s Trump is not some excuse. The very fact he holds such a high profile is the reason why he MUST be tried and held accountable. If the people see that those who cheat are held accountable k I matter their name, no matter their wallet size, that is the strongest deterrent of all.

And while we’re at it, the guy was President if the United States. Don’t we want our former leader and de facto ambassador to be someone that is of the highest moral character???

19. Gator515151

Gator515151 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 4, 2007
    Meanwhile we look the other way when Biden and his family are involved but that is (D)ifferent.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  20. enviroGator

enviroGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    Right, cause no one has tried to investigate Biden or his family. Jeez...

• Winner Winner x 1