Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Trump's Troubles

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by G8trGr8t, Feb 13, 2021.

1. thom1507

thom1507 All American

Oct 13, 2019
    See Chemgator's post. Click on the Truth Social hyperlink.

2. chemgator

chemgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Article in the New Yorker compares Trump's election bid in 2024 to Adolf Hitler's rise to power in the early 1930's. It compares Adolf Hitler as a chaotic clown and psychopath to Donald Trump as a chaotic clown and psychopath. Interesting . . .

Hitler’s Rise to Power Holds Lessons for the 2024 Election

• Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  3. Gator515151

Gator515151 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 4, 2007
    Not defending Trump but the News media running the stories are all playing the game I suspected. Watching that video full sized on my laptop I would not have been able to even tell what the tailgate picture was unless slowed down or zoomed in on. Unless you are watching that video on a big screen TV or have seen the picture before you would not even have been able to tell what is depicted.

OK Trump should not have posted it but the people making a big deal over something so un-obvious are probably stirring up more violence that he ever could have dreamed of.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 6
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  4. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    --It's not a big deal if a GOP official votes illegally if no one has heard of him before
    --It's not a big deal if Trump promotes violent imagery of Biden if it's really small

Got any more dumb exclusions for reprehensible behavior?

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
  5. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    I dont think it’s a big deal legally. But he is running for president and posts a hog tied image of his opponent. It’s just so utterly juvenile and unbecoming. We can’t have fallen so far that a social media troll seems like a great leader for the country.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    That's exactly how far we've fallen. His polling percentage should be exactly zero based on his behaviors, crimes and beliefs.

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    Hold on a second here. Do you look at X/Twitter much?

Social media trolling is now basically a REQUIREMENT to be part of Republican "leadership."

And it seems that about half the electorate is fine or thrilled with this. So yeah, we've fallen and....can we get up?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007

9. PacificBlueGator

PacificBlueGator All American

Apr 3, 2007
    I think more Republicans are being turned off by Trump's victimhood, criminality, fund-raising for legal fees, and sirens for violence but don't say anything for fear of retribution and will silently vote against Trump. Although more notable people are speaking openly about not voting for him, like Bolton and Esper, people who actually worked for him and found out what a danger he is to the country.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. Gator515151

Gator515151 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 4, 2007
    Cool,,,, By the way I see none of you objecting to this kind of violent stuff, as a matter of fact you probably think it's funny.

11. chemgator

chemgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    a) Is FutureGatormom running for president?

b) Is there anything graphically violent about an image of an airplane? Was there a picture of plane wreckage with Trump's body photoshopped in?

c) Does FutureGatormom have the kind of social media following that would make it likely that multiple mentally-disturbed people would be watching, and they would get a hint that they need to make this event happen?

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. danmanne65

danmanne65 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 2, 2022
    DeLand
    So tripling the real sq footage of a property? That would be fraudulent.

13. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    battle with the judge. I think he has forgotten more about the applicable statues and definitions and the details of this case than any of us will ever know. And he made decisions that he knows will be appealed so I seriously doubt he went out on a limb on any of his findings.

do you think the judge is factually incorrect on the issues?

14. danmanne65

danmanne65 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 2, 2022
    DeLand
    I hate to do this but this is my only experience with people being controlled by a fascist dictator. The German youth in the late 80s were honest open and ashamed that their parents had been taken in by a monster and did horrible things. The ones in retirement were still trying to justify how they were duped. They would say he saved our economy and they didn’t know about the bad stuff. I suspect the same will happen here with trump.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. surfn1080

surfn1080 Premium Member

Sep 26, 2008
    He tripled the sq footage of his property? How did he do that?

Did he convince the county or city to change the record? Did he convince an appraiser to use false square footage?

Plus I don’t believe it was even Trump who told someone the wrong sq footage.

There is a reason why I have never seen someone punished or charged for only telling a bank their opinion on a value or the wrong sq footage.

It’s when you try to change actual records or get others in the loan process to make incorrect changes to favor your position, then it’s fraud.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. PacificBlueGator

PacificBlueGator All American

Apr 3, 2007
    Oh, I believe there is a MAGA base that will vote for Trump despite being a rapist, engages in violent rhetoric, attempts to overthrow our democracy. There are also Republicans that are sick of him and won't vote for him, but will not say it. I don't see Trump increasing his base, he has been alienating moderates and independents during his campaign.

17. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    Typically as an officer of a company you have liability and accountability for statements made in financial statements and other public filings. The fact that a 3rd party or an auditor may have overlooked it doesn’t mean he has no accountability or liability.

He also apparently valued Maralago based upon its value if it were turned into residential property, even though its bylaws do not allow that to happen.

This stuff fits a life long pattern of behavior, exaggerating financial assets, and in other cases losing massive amounts of money. The fact that lenders didn’t explicitly suffer does excuse him from ill gotten gains.

Now is the judgement proportional to the fraud? I don’t know. You could argue either way. You could certainly argue his political position has made him more of a target, but prior to being a politician his wealth and celebrity and influence almost certainly allowed him to get away with stuff that others would not have.

18. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Weisselberg, as the Trump CFO, plead guilty to financial fraud and is now serving time. He was found criminally responsible for things like lying on corporation financial forms.

The NY DA likely didn't charge Trump criminally because they probably felt Weisselberg would've fallen on his sword for Trump. A Wesselberg conviction was a 99.9% certainty. Trump himself? Not so much.

So, the DA went after the Trump Corporation in a civil suit. And once the criminal charges against the CFO were secured with a guilty plea, getting a civil suit verdict against the Trump Corp was all but a foregone conclusion. Civil verdicts require far less burden of proof. And in fact, the Judge ruled against Trump even before the trial started, stating the fraud jumped off the page.

19. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Likely because the people you've dealt with weren't brazen or crooked enough to TRIPLE the damn actual square footage of the property. If he had claimed square footage that was 10 or 20% off, a prosecutor might be willing to let that go. Jack it up 300% and the proving fraud part just got so simple I might even be able to teach you how to do it.

20. snatchmagnet

snatchmagnet Bring On The Bacon Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Parts Unknown
    I wasn’t referring to trickster