Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Trump's Troubles

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by G8trGr8t, Feb 13, 2021.

1. higator85

higator85 All American

May 20, 2020
    Award will definitely go up as it was designed to keep him from defaming her in the future 90M is not enough. He probably thought with his lizard like brain that since he got a bond without putting up too much money he was in the clear.

I suspect she’ll object to the bond. If he gets another it will cost more but hopefully he doesn’t and she goes after 40 Wall Street or Trump tower, though net of his debt neither would individually support the judgement.

2. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    But don’t think it is illegal per se for someone to provide security for another in a civil case. It might be a breach of a duty owed to the shareholders, but Carroll has no standing there. It might ultimately be a breach of national security or even an illegal structured bribe for favor if Trump wins the presidency, but again, Carroll has no standing to complain there and those problems rest with the prosecutor’s office.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    I guess i meant how can one get a security clearance to receive intelligent briefings while on trial for stolen documents and heavily indebted to a foreign entity..there should be a rule or law or something to prevent that

• Like Like x 1
  4. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Witness #5 in the Document Case is speaking out. Completely shreds any argument that Trump was cooperating in returning the documents. The same day Trump's attorney's were talking to the Feds, #5 and Naruta loaded up 10-15 boxes on a plan in WPB on its way to Bedminster, according to the flight logs. #5, whose real name is Butler, has hired his own lawyer, unlike others, who have Trump paid lawyers, and has quit his job, and lost several friends over telling the truth.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  5. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    so apparently a prolific Russian hacking team hacked Fulton county and got copies of the court documents (disclosure files, grand jury testimony??) related to the Ga case. This brought the wrath of the US gubmnt down on them and they were busted. FBI now has keys to unlock other victims information.

Is that encrypted material subject to investigation now that it is part of a crime?

Hackers Seize Trump Court Docs, Threaten to Shake US Election (msn.com)

A hacking group threatens to release documents related to the Georgia election interference case against Donald Trump unless a ransom is paid. The group, led by LockBitSupp, had set deadlines for payment, with no release of documents reported so far.

The FBI and UK’s National Crime Agency raided the group on Feb. 20, taking down 34 servers.

The Department of Justice indicted two Russians for hacking, involving over 2,000 cases and $120 million in ransomware payments. “For years, LockBit associates have deployed these kinds of attacks again and again across the United States and around the world. Today, U.S. and U.K. law enforcement are taking away the keys to their criminal operation,” Attorney General Merrick Garland stated.

“And we are going a step further — we have also obtained keys from the seized LockBit infrastructure to help victims decrypt their captured systems and regain access to their data. LockBit is not the first ransomware variant the Justice Department and its international partners have dismantled. It will not be the last,” Garland said.

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    I think that Naruta is the type that will do a federal stretch as some sort of badge of honor. At least Butler is going to avoid going to jail.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. mikemcd810

mikemcd810 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Have you seen if those boxes were ever recovered? From what I've seen, I believe the DOJ only recovered boxes from MAL, but I also don't think I've seen any DOJ filings indicating that documents are still missing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. mikemcd810

Apr 3, 2007
    Curious what the argument in defense of Trump is for this:

At one point in his interviews, Butler says he told investigators that Australian billionaire Anthony Pratt repeated classified submarine secrets following a conversation with Trump in spring 2021.

Pratt met with Trump and heard from the former president about US and Russian submarines at their meeting, then relayed that information to his chief of staff while in the backseat of Butler’s car. Butler later told investigators he was shocked that Trump would share such information with a foreign citizen who paid excessive sums for access to Mar-a-Lago.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. higator85

higator85 All American

May 20, 2020
    They just don’t care. Next time he goes to Helsinki to bend the knee to Putin, he’ll probably be made to hand a box of documents marked top secret.

There is nothing he can do that would cause them not to support him. These are sick people as I’m reminded of here frequently.

• Agree Agree x 7
  10. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Those briefings are a common misconception.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2024
  11. higator85

higator85 All American

May 20, 2020
    I don’t think any materials were recovered at Bedminister, primarily because these were the juicy secrets (like the Iran invasion plans and names of spies and foreign assets) and were sold off quickly, Some I assume remain buried with Ivanka.

Dig her up!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    This. Should have been dug up long ago.

On a separate note, does anyone else feel that blending all these Trump criminal conspiracies into one single thread totally minimizes his criminality? I get that the board would just look like a Trump criminality forum, but this doesn't seem accurate either. Is there a middle ground?

13. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    If and when this case ever makes it to trial, Trump is those that stick with him are toast with witnesses like this lined up against him.

Witness in Trump Classified Documents Case Says It Isn't 'Witch Hunt' (businessinsider.com)

Brian Butler, who until now has been known only as "Trump Employee 5" in the federal indictment special counsel Jack Smith brought against Trump last year, went public in a CNN interview this week, sharing new details about the alleged documents cover-up.

Butler told the outlet that he unwittingly helped Trump staffers move 10-15 boxes of sensitive records in June 2022. He has spoken with federal investigators several times since then and his testimony played a central role in the indictment against Trump unveiled last year. "I think the American people have the right to know the facts, that this is not a witch hunt," Butler said.
    In a Monday interview, Butler said part of his reasoning for going public with his identity was to share the truth with American voters ahead of the November election.

"I personally would just say I just don't believe that he should be a presidential candidate at this time. I think it's time to move on," he said.

14. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Wrapping my head around the idea that due to delays, none of these trials will be completed before the election. So if he gets elected, he will never be tried
    The writing is on the wall.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Trump business associates paid indicted Biden informant over $600k while he was spinning his story with the FBI..why am I not surprised?

Trump tied to firm that paid FBI’s Biden informant, says report (msn.com)
    ETT’s CEO is Christopher Condon, a shareholder in the London-based ETT Investment Holding Limited, which has since been dissolved, The Guardian reported,

The other two shareholders, Shahal Khan and Farooq Arjomand are connected to Mr Trump through the former president’s associates, according to the outlet.

Mr Arjomand is the former chair and current board member of Damac Properties in Dubai, to which Mr Trump has previously been tied.

The founder of Damac Properties, Hussain Sajwani, previously told Forbes in 2016: “We made a deal with Trump as an organization; they know how to run golf courses…We stay away from politics.” Mr Trump has in turn called Mr Sajwani a “very amazing man.”

16. mikemcd810

Apr 3, 2007
    His own Vice President doesn't think he should be President

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  17. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    He's a RINO they want to string up.

18. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    That's wild. I can't imagine thats ever happened before

19. AndyGator

AndyGator VIP Member

Apr 10, 2007
    I'm afraid I have to disagree with you a little here. What is unimaginable is that we would have had a president try to overthrow our government and call for the hanging of his vice-president to interfere with a peaceful transition of power. That the targeted vice-president would now refuse to endorse the anti-democracy president who tried to coerce him to break the law is imaginable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    He's a single issue voter: One of the candidates tried to have him killed on 1/6 and one didn't.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1