Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Trump's Troubles

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by G8trGr8t, Feb 13, 2021.

1. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    too bad it is only a tradition and not a requirement

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    Trump also doesn't know how magnets work. But yeah, Joe is senile.

On the subject of magnetic elevators, Trump said, "Think of it, magnets. Now all I know about magnets is this, give me a glass of water, let me drop it on the magnets, that's the end of the magnets. Why didn't they use John Deere? Why didn't they bring in the John Deere people? Do you like John Deere? I like John Deere."

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. HeyItsMe

HeyItsMe GC Hall of Fame

Mar 7, 2009
    Trump is clearly a juggalo and appealing to that base for more votes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  4. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    will the magats ever believe anybody? so many people that worked with/for Trump are all telling the country what a schmuck he is. truly a cult like following

'You are being warned': Trump's former defense secretary Mark Esper calls him a ‘threat to democracy' (msn.com)

Mark Esper, the former US Secretary of Defense, launched furious attacks at former President Donald Trump on the third anniversary of the Capitol riot, calling him a "threat to democracy."

Esper was at an interview with CNN on Saturday, January 6 when host Jim Acosta asked, "Three years after the attack on the Capitol, I'm just curious, Mr Secretary, do you view Donald Trump as a threat to American democracy?"

The former Secretary of Defense then replied "And yes, I do regard him as a threat to democracy, democracy as we know it, our institutions, our political culture, all those things that make America great and have defined us as, you know, the oldest democracy on this planet."

Esper, who served as the secretary of the Army and later as defense secretary under the Trump administration, said January 6 is a "tragic day in our nation's history." Further in the interview, Tapper asked Esper then if Trump could ever be trusted in the White House again. To which, he replied "No", adding "It's irresponsible action that places our service members at risk, places our nation's security at risk."

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  5. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Trump slides further and further into dementia.

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Dude has zero idea what he was asked or what he was answering. He’s a zombie now just reacting to stimulus.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Sorry for all the videos but Trump was in overtime making a fool of himself this weekend... Here is a messianic video message he shared on his truth social about how God made him for a specific purpose of fixing this country... dude is absolutely nuts.

https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrump/111703421569603715

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Dude may be absolutely nuts but his followers still believe that he is the true Messiah.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I posted that Saturday in this thread and was surprised it didn't get more attention. As I wrote then, I thought it was a Lincoln Project spoof. It is demented.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
  10. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    Yes. Demented. Love the Paul Harveyish voice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. mikemcd810

mikemcd810 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Here's Miles Taylor describing how much he had to dumb down briefings for Trump (yes, I know - turned never Trumper, etc). This goes well beyond tailoring reports to a specific individual. It's tailoring reports to someone without the cognitive ability to perform his job duties.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
  13. mikemcd810

Apr 3, 2007
    While this is wholly unamerican and would be a major story at any other point in our history if said by a leading presidential candidate, this is an easy one for his supporters to internalize and doubt this will cause anyone to pause. Long-term it's better if the economy tanks so that Trump gets elected in order to fix the economy, get retribution on his enemies, etc.

14. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    The orange god says something stupid or outrageous, it gets reported as he is by far the front runner for the gop nomination. It gets posted about and suddenly it's TDS. Rinse and repeat.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Today, Trump lawyers are arguing that being president allows one to break criminal laws at will without fear of prosecution... and therefore all charges against him should be dropped. The one republican on the panel seems skeptical ...

“I think it is paradoxical to say that his constitutional duty to take care of the laws be faithfully executed allows him to violate criminal law,” Henderson said.

Live updates: Trump lawyers argue that the former president is immune from prosecution (cnn.com)

Hearing just ended ... no ruling yet.

• Informative Informative x 2
  16. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    IOW he wants to be above the law

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. chemgator

chemgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    The Donald has a new name and number: Donald "Doe 174", according to Jeffrey Epstein's papers. I think it would be helpful if the other republican candidates could refer to him by his new name out of respect for his accomplishments. (Bill Clinton is apparently "Doe 36", for those who might be curious.)

DOH ! ! ! I mean, DOE ! ! !

It sure looks like Donald Trump was disguised as 'Doe 174' in the newly unsealed Jeffrey Epstein documents

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. mikemcd810

Apr 3, 2007
    One judge asked point blank if a president should be subject to criminal prosecution if they blatantly sold pardons or commanded Seal Team 6 to execute their political opponent. He kind of danced around the questions but ultimately the Trump team position is that a president may only be subject to criminal prosecution if the president is first impeached AND convicted in the Senate. (Note: they argued the opposite during the 2nd impeachment trial that this was a matter for the courts to decide and many senators hid behind that rationale when choosing not to convict).

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  19. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    To which the judge replied to Trump’s lawyer words to the effect, how can he be prosecuted if impeached for criminal acts while president, if immunity applied? In other words, the judge pointed out that the argument is inconsistent, if not facially absurd.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. mikemcd810

Apr 3, 2007
    I don't have any legal background but it does seem absurd to rely solely on impeachment as the basis for criminal charges. Pretty clear that is a political process and not an unbiased assessment of the facts. There's no jury selection in an impeachment hearing so there's no recourse for any representatives or senators who say they won't vote to impeach/convict no matter the president did.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1