Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Trump's former press secretary says he insults MAGA supporters, calls them "basement dwellers"

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by orangeblue_coop, Aug 21, 2024.

1. BobK89

BobK89 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Tampa, FL
    Two weeks...

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. g8trdoc

g8trdoc Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    You guys are not voting for Kamala you know she’s an idiot you are just voting against Trump.

• Dislike x 5
    • Come On Man x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Winner x 1
  3. NavyGator93

NavyGator93 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2015
    Georgia
    I am voting against trump. I don't particularly like Harris stance on many things but I also wouldn't consider her an idiot.

For me it's easy to vote against trump, I can't think of too many people who could run against him that would make me vote for trump.

I would vote for my dog over trump, and he is preoccupied with licking his own balls (my dog, not trump).

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  4. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    Correct. Although whether she's an idiot or not makes no difference to me. She could not know her shapes and I'd vote for her over Trump

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 6
  6. pkaib01

pkaib01 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Why are you assuming to know everyone's motivation? Is it due total lack of imagination? Or maybe a hopelessly closed mind?

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. jhenderson251

jhenderson251 Premium Member

Aug 7, 2008

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. g8trdoc

g8trdoc Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    At least you're honest

Last edited: Aug 21, 2024
  9. jeffbrig

jeffbrig GC Hall of Fame

Aug 7, 2007
    Idiot in what way? She comes across as a reasonably competent adult, is an attorney and former prosecutor. That's not exactly an idiot job. I suspect the letter in front of her name has a lot to do with your assessment.

On the other hand, we have Trump. Every time he opens his mouth, he comes across like a petulant child. As president, he didn't have a long enough attention span to read the presidential daily briefing if it's more than a page long. He has no command of issues, he rambles, he bloviates. He spews falsehoods. His former advisors say he's an idiot. (His current ones probably do too, just not publicly, or to his face). He sows discord and hate, and uses that to corrupt and rally the worst elements of the conservative base. I can't and won't get behind that.

Yes, I'm 100% voting against Trump. You should too. The sign in my yard in 2020 read "Any Functional Adult 2020". It's been updated this year for 2024. Harris is a functional adult. Trump is not. If he was ever a brilliant mind (doubtful), he's way down the slope of elderly decline... too far to have his finger on the red button. I'm also compelled to point out that he's older today than Biden was in 2020 - when Trump tried to make his age an issue.

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
  10. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Say it with me, loud and clear, so those in the back rows can hear:

NEVER. TRUMP.

My eyes will see one name on the ballot, and her name is Kamala Harris. I am not her biggest fan, but she is no idiot. And, she has the full-backing and enthusiasm of her Party and base.

Once your party returns to sanity, I will gladly listen to what your candidate has to say. The one you support, though, has earned a forever-block of my vote.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    I happen to be a person that attempts to digest what a politician says, coming from their mouth, the "Bills" they sign, and the "actions" they take:
    I am also influenced by what their high ranking appointee's, that served in a cabinet position happen to say, and of course from written policy objectives.

so....

When Trump suggests he will be a dictator day 1 - well OK, he said it, I believe it.
    When Trump calls dead American Veterans in a European Cemetary "losers", well, I believe he said it.
    When it is suggested Trump supports Project 2025, by MAGA Operatives, well I pay attention. (His MAGA underlings say he does, in fact, support it, off camera)
    When multiple former cabinet members, including Bill Barr, Mark Esper, Mick Mulvaney, Mike Pence, Miles Taylor, Elaine Chao, Rex Tillerson, (and more)
    all say they will either not endorse him or even call him "A Moron" or a threat to Democracy, yeah I tend to pay attention.
    When an event like Jan 6th happens, and Mike Pence was TOLD to commit an unconstitutional act to overthrow the election, I tend to pay attention.
    When Trump suggests taking "bleach" for a Covid curative, well, I pay attention.
    When Trump suggests pulling out of NATO, well I tend to believe it.

One of my best friends in Florida, a FOX news zombie and TRUMP supporter, denies all of these things and says Trump "dosen't really mean it", well, how does one counter that?

And the above barely scratches the surface.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2024
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 2
  12. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Assuming that the story is accurate he has certainly devolved over the last 40 years.

13. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    She's not an idiot, and I would say Democrats are probably more pro-Kamala than they were pro-Biden. But as long as the Democrats have a foil in the Trumpy Republican party, the bar is going to be exceedingly low for Democrats to clear for voters with a college education, of which I assume is most people posting here.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    I agree. I flat out fear Trump and his threats, fully supported and backed by MAGA traitors, to tear up the Bill of Rights, to take MY right to vote away from me, to shred Medicare and Social Security, as no idle threat. He has front loaded the Supreme Court with some incredibly ingenuous people. Remember the hearings when the Trump appointee's put their hand on the bible and swore to "tell the truth"? I need go no further than the quick backtracking of established law such as Roe v Wade to make their "swearing in" a mockery.

And those two hold NOTHING on Thomas (and his lovely conspiratorial traitor wife) and Alito. Outright corrupt sycophants of the first order!
    The court is loaded, they will rubber stamp his moves to tear up the constitution and the Bill of Rights. I'm sure they will be rewarded with vineyards and Dachas
    in California wine country that would be the envy of Putins Oligarchs. And by the way, a Trump totalitarian state will be run by Oligarchs, a wealth transfer on a massive scale will most assuredly happen here, what the hell do people think is the reason Elon Musk is so enamoured by Donald Trump for anyway?

Do I love Harris - NO, would I choose another candidate, YES, but these are extrodinairy times, there is a racist LUNATIC, that wants to DESTROY the American Experience and the form of Gov't that has, for thick or thin, been the beacon to the entire world since 1776. Sure we have warts, plenty of them, but history has a damn short list of benevolent dictators and an exceedingly long list of maniac's that assume that position. Personally I can't believe a rationale Republican would even consider voting for this CRETIN.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2024
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. G8tas

G8tas GC Hall of Fame

Sep 22, 2008
    Who wouldn't vote against him?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Just two comments. First that's more than enough reason to vote for her and secondly, a review of Trump's performances at his recent press conferences and MAGA rallies would reveal which of the two candidates is the real idiot.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    There is much honor and integrity in rejecting trump. The reasons are well explained upthread.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    Trump voters:

I need to hire a guy to go get coffee, pick up dry cleaning and run other errands for my business. I'm going to choose the guy that will steal all those things, rape the counter girls at the stores and run out without paying the bill for what he can't steal.

I'll still accomplish all my objectives but I'll spend a lot less money on stuff than hiring an honest person for the job.

• Like Like x 3
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 2
  19. gtr2x

gtr2x GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    The mindset is admirable. However, while R's have done a great job of branding themselves as fiscal conservatives, I cant recall one R president being a fiscal conservative in my lifetime. (and Im old:))

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Exactly. Trump is so bad that I will vote for someone who policies I disagree vehemently with to make sure I've done my part to keep Trump out of office.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1